Start by marking “Desert Rose” as Want to Read:
Desert Rose

Desert Rose

In an instant, Jennifer’s life is forever altered.

When her ten-year-old daughter, Sarah, is abducted in Dubai, expats Jennifer and her husband Kevin are thrown into an unimaginable nightmare. With very little help provided by the local authorities and the US Embassy, Jennifer watches her life erode away and the tension in her marriage increase. Driven by rage and desperati
Published February 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Desert Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Rose

Leila
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Desert Rose held me captive from the very first page. It's hard to believe this is indeed a debut novel. K.Moore sets the scene perfectly as we see the devastation unfold from the abduction of Jennifer's daughter and the aftermath that follows.

Being in a foreign country and at the mercy of a culture where women don't hold the same rights, is just the beginning of her ongoing struggle to get answers regarding the abduction. A husband she thought she knew, now becoming a stranger and her son being
KFForever
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This is the author’s debut novel and I am quite impressed with her writing style and the tight plot. This stunning standalone psychological suspense will blow you away.

Stacy Wray
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an intriguing story of a tragedy that tore a family apart, taking place in the backdrop of Dubai. I truly enjoyed reading about a place I've never been, Moore able to take me there by words alone. Jen was a strong woman, holding it together after her daughter goes missing - something I am unable to fathom. This story held my interest the entire time and is a great debut book by Moore. I would gladly read more by this author.
Bookish Kat
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😲😫🌹
Will be back with a full review soon!
K. Moore
Feb 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
DESERT ROSE is out now!
What would you do if your child was taken?

www.books2read.com/Desert-Rose
Amazon US: http://bit.ly/DesertRose-US
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/DesertRose-UK
Amazon CA: http://bit.ly/DesertRose-CA
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/DesertRose-AU

“K. Moore's debut novel is an outstanding and gripping story set in Dubai, where laws and culture are so different from the Occident. It's amazing how K. Moore's words can drag you into the story as if you were the character living it and when that happ
Kayleigh
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A breathtaking debut

As a mother, one of my biggest fears is my children being taken. Moore put my fears on paper and I found myself in a constant statr of anxiety and anguish during this read. I will definitely read the author's next book.
A.D. McCammon
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“How can a rose survive the desert? The rose with its symbol for promise, hope, and new beginnings. The symbol for love. Is it because of what it represents that it overcomes the harshness of the desert?”

Wow. It’s hard to believe this is a debut novel. I was blown away by this captivating story. It had my heart racing, and I felt for Jennifer. Her story has really stuck with me.

K. Moore has such a talent for telling stories. I could picture everything so clearly that I felt as though I was watc
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Desert Rose
Author: K. Moore
Genre: Suspense
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: ★★★★★

description

This story was wonderfully told and incredibly moving.
For a debut novel, as I’ve come to learn since reading, it was masterful.
This novel is basically the culmination of every parent’s worst nightmare, on their own soil. Now imagine losing your child on foreign soil and having your every move given to you by someone other than the people who care and love you most.
Imagine the loss of a child bringing
Miriam Meza
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most thrilling books that I’ve read lately. The captivating, surprising and heartfelt story trapped me since the beginning with its exhilarating and suspenseful rhythm. The voice of the narrator resonated in my brain and my heart while reading, her feelings were my own for a few hours, and as I was turning the pages I found myself cursing, crying and praying. Abductions are a sensible subject, and set them in the Middle East was bold because of the particularities of that coun ...more
Anna Green
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Kevin and Jennifer together with their two children: twelve-year-old Liam and ten-year-old Sarah live an idyllic expat’s life in Dubai. A pampered lifestyle in an oil-rich country, it all seems perfect until the day Jennifer went shopping with her kids and lost one of them.

Told in first p
Hannah
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I hated it because it gave me panic attacks, anxiety, and I very nearly hyperventilated at one point. I became so aggravated with the patriarchal society of Dubai and the events that Jennifer was forced to endure. But I loved this book because it was able to invoke all those emotions in me. The writing pulled me in and refused to let me go even when Jennifer's world was falling apart at her feet and I came so close to giving up on the st
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
AMAZING BOOK!!! I absolutely loved this story!

It's amazing how K. Moore's words can drag you into the story as if you were the character living it and when that happens, you know you are reading a book from a great author!

In this book, so well written, you can feel the despair of a mother that suddenly loses her ten year old daughter and her journey to find her back
Konny
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Desert Rose by K. Moore is a standalone novel. I hesitate to call it romance, it's more a story with thriller elements.
Jennifer is a mother who had to endure what nobody wishes for any mother in the whole world. I will not spoiler here, only so much, she goes from stressed out to absolutely devastated in the blink of an eye. She has no power, non when the worst nightmare of every parent becomes true.
The story plays masterfully with the readers emotions and kept me in the loop the whole time. I r
Heather
Jos
Jan 24, 2019
Mari Acosta
Jan 24, 2019
K. Moore is an Australian braving the sub-zero Alaskan temperatures with her husband and two sons while battling agitated moose, nosey brown bears, and a Karelian bear dog named Hathor. She’s an avid reader, hiker, and CrossFit enthusiast. If you manage to locate a decent bottle of gin and a chair at the bar, she might be convinced to regale you with tales of her global travels. Without the gin, y ...more