Start by marking “Saving Grace (New Heights #2)” as Want to Read:
Saving Grace (New Heights #2)

Saving Grace

(New Heights #2)

As if the jolt of becoming a single mom to her two sons wasn't enough, Natalie Coombs is facing new stresses as the director of the crisis pregnancy center. A teenager who comes in for testing brings back memories of another pregnant girl whose life tragically ended in suicide. Desperate to reach out to this client, Natalie crosses professional boundaries and incurs the wr ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Saving Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Grace

TheModestMillennial
A good story with a challenging message, Saving Grace really got you into the mindset of Natalie and Linn, but I felt that the male lead was lacking, or at least that you don't get to know him as well as you wish. Enjoyable read, even though it is (as per usual with Denise Hunter) very emotionally heavy.
Oluwatosin
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Like the other two books in the series this book had the running theme of forgiveness and was very deep emotionally. Maybe accidentally starting from the last book in the series ruined it for me because I already knew what happened to all the characters, it was interesting to see how they got there though. A lot of difficult topics were addressed in the book which I commend the author for.
Donna
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 was just as inspiring and compelling as the first one. Dealing wth difficult issues of life, we walk with the main character as she wrestled with the issues and discovers her strength through faith. On the book 3!
Janet Merrell
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
Earlier book by this author and it was not a good one. Lots of coincidences, poor character development, and very juvenile writing. Not recommended.
Ckainer
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Did not enjoy this as much as the first in the series. It was just ok and very predictable.
Staciy Wilson Wilson
Wow!

What an amazing story of forgiveness, grace, and love. God’s mercy, grace, love, and strength shine through this wonderful story!
Amy
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
After reading book 3 of this series over a year ago, I finally decided to find the first 2. It's been long enough that I wasn't really familiar with the other characters, yet I knew the final outcome for Paula & David, who we are introduced to in book 1, and well and truly thrown into their world in book 2. It's been an interesting series - quite different from others Denise has written. They all tell a story of 1 of 3 sisters, who live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Some serious subjects are cov ...more
Elizabeth Ray
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am so glad this is the first book I read in this series because the whole series has way too many ridiculous coincidences in it. But this book standing alone is very good. It's a highly unusual situation for sure, but taken alone it is possible. Amazing story of forgiveness and kind of asks the pro-lifer how far s/he is willing to go to save a child's life. Although there were defintely some breaking of crisis pregnency center rules in here so I hope readers realize it was fictional. There is ...more
Ann Vanhaeren
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Dit is het 4de boek dat ik lees van Denise Hunter...deze vond ik iets minder dan de anderen. Het eerste deel wilde niet vlot lezen...maar na de helft begon het verhaal eindelijk zijn doel te vinden. De laatste pagina's waren spannend en het lezen ging vlotter. Eindoordeel: toch nog een mooi verhaal met een goed einde.
Trine
May 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and romantic story that has a lot to say about God's forgiveness and how to put our feet where our faith is. But every time I read a good novel about these subjects I long for some real life stories about it. No question that God can work forgiveness of this profound nature, but where are the real life testimonies about it?
Jennifer Fluegge
May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love her books! This one did not disappoint...she accurately portrays the emotions of individuals as they are faced with the consequences of their own actions or the actions of others. You identify with her characters and understand the process their emotions go through as they work through a situation.
Donna Cobb
Jun 06, 2011 rated it liked it
My first read from this Christian author, on loan from a friend who has read the entire series. This was a nice, easy read with a good story line...and not as "sugar-sweet" as I anticipated. Real life situations, nicely written. Would not be my choice in a book store, but enjoyed it none-the-less.
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story, made better by the pregnancy center in the book. I like how real the main character is and that she made mistakes but was able to pull through in the end. Just like real life people. The book was not what I was expecting, but I loved how it turned out.
Denise
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was the first I've been by this author and I really enjoyed it. After reading it I realized this was the second in the book series, but I was able to follow the story anyway. I'm looking forward to reading the first and third book in the series to continue the story of the family.
Tonya
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the book, not nearly as good as Mending Places. Looking forward to reading another Denise Hunter book. Dealt with the issue of abortion with prayer and empathy. Not quit as good as Karen Kingsburys Shades of Blue. Good book though.
Janna
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Pretty good! Liked the emphasis on family and life and serving the broken. Could've done without some of the Christian life angst, but oh well. Wish I'd realized this was #2 in the series before I read it. Now I have to go read #1.
Debra
Apr 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-own
I picked this book up at a book sale and had never heard of the author. This was a really good book and a great story line. I look forward to reading more of her books. Her writing style puts me in mind of Nicholas Sparks
Stefanie
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book! I loved Natalie, and all the other characters, ecxept Keith. I'm really looking forward to Paula's story.
Laurie
after Mending Places" in The New Heights" Series\This one is #2
864/764
Chelsea
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a sad-heart breaking story for each of the characters, yet a happy and loving ending!
Jewels
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
good, clean fun read
Debbie Wishnow
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good story of forgiveness. I couldn't imagine having to go thru the journeys these character must go thru and overcome.
Wendy Adams
Missy Hines
Apr 29, 2016
Bonnie
Mar 18, 2015

• Secretly Smitten (Smitten, #2)
  • The Day of Reckoning (Baxter #2)
  • Get Cozy, Josey! (Josey, #3)
  • Treasure (Full Circle Series #4)
  • Restless in Carolina (Southern Discomfort #3)
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Controlling Interest
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)
  • Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)
  • Never a Bridesmaid: A May Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #6)
  • Leading Lady (Tales of London #3)
  • Love Starts with Elle
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of more than 30 novels, including "The Convenient Groom" and "A December Bride", which have been made into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

Denise and her husband live in Indiana,

New Heights (3 books)
  • Mending Places (New Heights, #1)
  • Finding Faith (New Heights #3)