Start by marking “Morrigan Crows magiske prøvelser (Nevermoor #1)” as Want to Read:
Morrigan Crows magiske prøvelser (Nevermoor #1)

Morrigan Crows magiske prøvelser

(Nevermoor #1)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  27,125 ratings  ·  5,490 reviews
Morrigan Crow er forbandet. Fordi hun er født på den forkerte dag, får hun skylden for enhver ulykke i landet – lige fra hjerteanfald til haglvejr – og værst af alt betyder forbandelsen, at Morrigan vil dø ved midnat på sin 11-års fødselsdag.

Men i stedet for sin hårde skæbne møder Morrigan en bemærkelsesværdig mand ved navn Jupiter North. Med skyggeagtigt mørke jagthunde o
Published January 30th 2018 by Gyldendal (first published October 12th 2017)

·  27,125 ratings  ·  5,490 reviews

Start your review of Morrigan Crows magiske prøvelser (Nevermoor #1)
Emma Giordano
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This book is absolutely enchanting. Nevermoor is an exciting fantasy tale full of magic, mischief, and wonder. I cannot recommend it enough!

Nevermoor is by far the ONLY book I have read that comes close to bringing me the feelings I have while reading Harry Potter. It remains creative and unique while instilling the same emotions, excitement (and fear) of one of the greatest children’s novels of all time. That being said, Nevermoor truly stands on it’s own as a spectacular middle grade adventure
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Middle Grade is NOT my genre. I'm usually always disappointed but I keep trying just in case... and this book made it worth it! I mean... there's literally a giant talking cat!

I'll continue the series!
Mary Urban
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great. Now I have to wait with bated breath for my Hogwarts letter AND Wundrous Society invitation to arrive? One was hard enough, two is just unfair.
Riley
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me: i don't really like middle grade

Nevermoor: hi

me: talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before
Melanie

“The point is—as far as the Society is concerned—if you are not honest, and determined, and brave, then it doesn’t matter how talented you are.”

Whenever people compare things to Harry Potter I immediately become wary of whatever they are comparing to it. I know this mostly comes from nostalgia, but still, I feel like saying something is “the next Harry Potter” is not only the highest praise, but also setting that thing up for the greatest fall. It took me a while to pick Nevermoor: T
Cristina Monica
4 1/2 stars. This could be the beginning of a new series phenomenon. What do you say, Jessica Townsend? Are you ready for it?

Morrigan Crow was born to die on her eleventh birthday. She is cursed. But an invitation to the elusive Wundrous Society changes her destiny.

She needs to pass challenging trials that will determine if she has it in her to be part of something bigger than herself and join the elite group.

But everyone seems to have a talent, something that makes them… magical. Except her.
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Middle of the road middle grade.

That best describes this reading experience for me, which was a huge bummer.

Someone I follow gushed about this book and how "magical" it was...and it just didn't live up to those expectations for me, sadly.

In fact, this read like a book that was trying too hard to be the next big movie franchise. A lot of the elements of the book felt very choppy and very clearly borrowed from other huge blockbusters, i.e., Harry Potter (obviously), The Hunger Games, Mary Poppins
Barbie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My thoughts in a nutshell
Awww! This was so adorable. I don't really enjoy middle-grade category because I always feel too old myself for that, but I didn't feel it with Nevermoor. Everyone compares this book to Harry Potter. Nevermoor is not Harry Potter. They have nothing to do with each other. Keep in mind!

The story is about…
Skip over this point if you don't like the sneak peek.
Morrigan, who is a "cursed" child. She travels to Nevermoor and she has to do four trials to become a member of Wu
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was SO GOOD. It’s no surprise that I’m not much of a fantasy or middle grade reader but I still found this to be absolutely charming 💕
Ashley Nuckles
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This took me literally no time at all because this story is SO. GOOD. This world is the most unique thing I’ve read in a very long time, and the whole thing was filled with so many twists and turns and surprises I was left on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE. TIME. I need the next one NOW. NOOOWWWWW.
Heather
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
What a fun middle grade read!! I don’t read of this genre & I am kicking myself for not! This was so whimsical & just downright fun!!
☂️
☁️
I would highly recommend if your looking for a fun read!
My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Carolyn  K.
What in the world...

Jessica Townsend's Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow had garnered an exceeding amount of praise and recognition throughout news articles, catching my attention as well. From the film rights already sold to a 7-figure deal between major publishers and even being likened to Harry Potter (I mean no I didn't buy it of course, but c'mon don't we readers all get hopeful that the next big thing is finally here?) Nevermoor ignited so much buzz on the web that I had to see for m
 Li'l Owl
Oh my! That was *Magnificat! I mean Magnificent!

I realize that the below quote is quite long... But it sets the tone of this fantastic book! Enjoy!

Jupiter was gazing anxiously out the window now, a frown creasing his forehead. “You did actually sign the contract before you burned it, though,” he said without looking at her. “And who says you’re going to die? You don’t have to die if you don’t want to.”
Corvus slammed his fist on the table. “This is intolerable! Who do you think you are, waltzi
Phrynne
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
The Trials of Morrigan Crow is one of those middle grade children's books which is still perfectly readable by adults who like fantasy. I loved it.

Jessica Townsend introduces her magical world by saying little but showing lots - just the way it should be done. There's a wonderful talking cat and a hotel which creates itself according to the resident's needs and desires. There are dragons and dragon riders. There are witches and people who can perform amazing tasks. And there is much more!

All of
Irena BookDustMagic
Actual rating: 4,5 stars

This was really good!
If you ask me, all the hype this book got was totally justified.

The novel is often compared to Harry Potter and I can see why (young chosen protagonist, villain who's name people are afraid to say out loud, magic), but still, those are two very different stories.

It's rare when book compels me from the prologue, and that was what happened with Nevermoor.

I lost myself in this magical world, but if I'm being honest, at times I was also lost.
I ascribe tha
Kayla Dawn
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This was funny, magical and very entertaining.
The world and its magic, while being very loosely defined, were described super vividly and it was just fun to read about it.

I instantly ordered the second book after finishing this one hehe
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Ok, I'm gonna have to rethink my "I don't like middle grade" stance. This was beautiful and perfect and I need the next book ASAP. It's so creative and special and I just can't find enough nice things to say about it.
Helene Jeppesen
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful story that sends you on a journey, quite like Harry Potter. I think that if I had read this as a child, I would’ve given it 5 stars. But reading it as an adult was very much like reading the first Harry Potter book (and probably also other fantasy children’s books I can’t think of now), which made me able to clearly predict and guess the storyline before it played out.
That being said, this was a wonderful story that contains everything that a children’s book should contain:
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ✺❂❤❣
Nope. The girl gets blamed for the most stupid things ever. This makes the premise completely unbelievable and the book not worth reading.

Why would the children be made to read this? In order to damage their potential for logical thinking or something?

DNF.
Sara
I LOVED this. It has everything I want in a middle grade book - magic, danger, humour - and a giant grumpy cat called Fenestra.

Morrigan Crow is a cursed child, the blame of every misfortune that happens within her home town. Heart attack? Morrigan’s fault because she asked after your health. Storm destroyed your house? Morrigan’s vault because she stated it was a nice day. Anything and everything considered unlucky is the result of Morrigan. And she’s also destined to die on her eleventh birthda
Umut Rados
I enjoyed this book. I liked Morrigan as a character, she’s very charming. As always, there’s a villain and the good, and there are many messages while she’s going through the trials. The writing was quite good. Townsend made the story very exciting, very action packed. The world is described in detail that was very enjoyable to read. The side characters were even very well thought through.
If you’re going to pick up a middle grade book to enjoy your time and get lost in a magical world with a cu
Romie
I don't know why, but this book made me feel extremely nostalgic, and somehow I loved it. I cannot wait to get to the second book so I can be back in this world with all these amazing characters! (4.25)
p.s. I loved the way this book dealt with immigration, it absolutely broke my heart, but I think it's important to talk about the way immigrants are treated, and this book did that brilliantly

“Fasten your seat belt, Morrigan Crow. And whatever you do, don’t close your eyes.”
“What happens if I clos
HP Saucerer
Nevermoor has been making great waves for a while now. Upon its release, came the inevitable comparisons to other commercially successful book series, as did the stories of bidding wars and movie rights, so I was keen to see what all the fuss was about, and having read it, I can confirm that it is truly and utterly brilliant.

Apparently, it took Jessica Townsend almost ten years to write and from very early on it’s evident that this is a book with tremendous scope, a story many years in the makin
Spencer Orey
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mg-fantasy
This was fun to read! And it built really well toward the next book with a series of exciting mysteries. The world is especially vivid with cool magic.

It's interesting to see the ways that books like this work to build on Harry Potter's legacy while keeping things fresh. For me that also meant that it took a lot of the bad of HP with the good. There's a He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and people are described with negative bodily descriptions that I found mildly offensive. There's even a weird focus o
Brenda
Born as a cursed girl destined to die on the night of her eleventh birthday, Morrigan Crow was resigned to the fact that it was her fault whenever things went wrong. But as the hours crept toward midnight, Morrigan was rescued – whisked away in an unusual vehicle by a total stranger. Jupiter North was her saviour, and patron, and their arrival in Nevermoor, a magical place which had Morrigan enthralled, felt like a dream.

Hotel Deucalion was to be her home; it was where Jupiter lived – in fact he
Kaitlin
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, this was brilliantly fun. I see why it's so often compared to Harry Potter, but it's unique in its own right and I really found it a fun story!

This follows Morrigan Crow, a young girl who is cursed and blamed for all of the problems that occur in her town. However, although Morrigan's life up until now hasn't been the best, she is trying to make the most of it because within a year Eventide is due to come and start a new Age and that means she's due to die.

Morrigan was a character I liked
Ian
There is more than just a little of Harry Potter in this book and I still don't quite know what I think about that.

I love the world the author is creating, but those similarities make me uncomfortable. Having said that, The Trials of Morrigan Crow is a debut and I guess debut novels often reflect the author's influences.

And the story really is magical. I believe 20th Century Fox have snapped up the movie rights to it already after only one book.
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
I am completely blown away by this book. The last time I read a children's book so marvelous for adults was when I read Harry potter. I really can't say more. I will get to the second one with very high expectations. Praise for Townsend!
Meghan
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**5 OUTSTANDING, WELL-EARNED STARS** .

WOW. I feel speechless. I know I said this before about another book, but this is the best book I have read in 2019 so far. Each book I read this year is better than the last. It has been a long time since I entered a fantasy world as magical, charming, disarming, and unique as The Trials of Morrigan Crow.

The story follows a cursed young girl destined to die on her eleventh birthday, until she is swept up into Nevermoor, a magical, hidden realm. In Never
Cass Burton
It will be a challenge to find many books that I love more than this one.

• Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart #1)
  • Malamander (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #1)
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • Winterhouse (Winterhouse, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • Willow Moss and the Lost Day (Starfell #1)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • The House with Chicken Legs
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
  • In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4)
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)

Nevermoor (3 books)
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #3)