Start by marking “Six Tinder Weeks: Love after divorce? Online dating at forty? Realistic romantic comedy that will make you laugh out loud” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Forty-something scientist Helen leaves her husband after twenty uninspired years of marriage. Plagued with making the wrong decisions she looks towards holistic therapy and the universe to guide her choices. She meets hairdresser Alex and takes his advice to download the dating app SPRK.
Helen embarks on a voyage of self-discovery, paganism, hedonism and desire. What cou
Published December 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Six Tinder Weeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six Tinder Weeks

Dash fan
5☆ With some hilarious moments, sex and fumbles what could possibly go wrong!!

Blind Dates, Big Love & Six Tinder Weeks is a story of new beginnings, learning to love again, change, relationships, finding love.

I absolutely loved reading this fun, laugh out loud book. It made me feel warm inside.

Helen is in her 40s and has just left her boring loveless Marriage after many years.
With her children now young adults.
It's time to get back her life and start again.

So she grabs her Groupon voucher a
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

From the very first page to the last, Blind Dates, Big Love and Six Tinder Weeks, had me laughing out loud. Bena Roberts has written a fantastically funny book about one woman’s dating adventures.

Middle-aged Helen was fed up with her life. Her kids had left the family home and she realised she didn’t need to put up with her husband Edward anymore, so she consequently threw him out. Now it was her time to reinvent herself, starting with a haircu
Cecily Wolfe
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, indie
I giggled and outright laughed my way through this story, which was a fun look at dating for us 'older' ladies (not in our twenties, let's just say) and had a fast pace, relatable characters, and an uplifting tone. This is a great way to start the new year for readers looking for something entertaining, realistic, and encouraging, with a fresh perspective that offers hope along with humor. I am definitely looking forward to more stories from Roberts.
Nina Silva
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ooooh… Mama Mia… I went into Six Tinder weeks expecting a quirky romantic comedy. What I found was something far more raunchy, raw and real. The blurb identifies this novella as “dark humor meets chick lit with a robust and realistic voice,” and that description is spot on.

Bena Roberts takes readers on a wild ride through one woman’s downs and ups of a post-separation midlife crisis.

“The leather was symbolic of my fatigued marriage. Beautiful at the start and over the years frayed and shabby wit
K.S. Marsden
Helen finally shrugs off her terrible marriage, and embraces the new world of Tinder.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I would like to stress that I received an Advanced Readers Copy, so some of the issues I had may have been edited out in the final, published book.

Helen is a successful scientist, she is the breadwinner in her family, and she has managed to raise some beautiful children, all despite being lumbered with Edward. A man who falls in and out of work, expects her
Katie
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six Tinder Weeks
By Bena Roberts
4 stars

Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

When I first read the blurb for this book I was intrigued. Having read a few darker romance stories I was looking for something a little more light-hearted and I definitely got that with this book. I think I laughed my way through it. I loved that it had a real feel about it, almost as if I was right there along with the characters. I think that the author did a really good job with both researching this bo
Brooke VanDerlin
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just about everyone has heard of Tinder and most of us know one or ten folks who have used the app. In this book we meet Helen, who is experiencing a tumultous time in her life and after receiving an amazing makeover, her new stylist recommends a Tinder-like app to help spice up her life.

We follow Helen through her ups and down with the dating app and while most of her experiences are ultimately unsatisfying, she learns a lot about herself through the journey. She learns to love herself and what
Kayla
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read about online dating after forty! I chuckled at some of the guys and the nonsense that comes with online dating. Does that stuff really happen? LOL I enjoyed the short and to-the-point chapters, which made the book fly! A witty book to enjoy while reading poolside!
Kathleen
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a sassy romantic comedy to while away a cold winter afternoon, then look no further, Six Tinder Weeks by author Bena Roberts is just what you need!

In Six Tinder Weeks, the reader is transported to Frankfurt, Germany where they meet forty-year-old Helen, who has decided to leave her husband and their twenty miserable years of marriage. Helen takes the reader along for the ride as she goes on a journey of self-discovery filled with humor and quirky trials and errors that wil
Chariss Walker
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A humorous and dark look at online dating after a devastating divorce. Most of the reviewers for this book commented that they laughed their way through reading it, but I had a different take on it because I'd had my own similar experiences. I was once that forty-year-old divorcee on my first online dating app. (If you can imagine that from 25 years ago.) Helen's experiences were strangely familiar... and like my own, most of it was not really funny. Yes, I did laugh. You have to love Helen's qu ...more
Elisha
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read about modern dating! If you're single, especially in your (at least) 30's, you will find this story, Helen, and her journey relatable and funny. This is not a slow moving story, the author pulls you right into the thick of it. I loved the encouragement the author added to the story for both the character (Helen) and the reader. And, because it is about dating in modern days (online dating and apps), it is realistic yet funny, sassy, and encouraging. I definitely recommend this r ...more
Victoria Browne
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saucy

This was a fun outlook on the world of modern dating, seen from Helen, the main characters eyes and the men of tinder. I liked the sound of Mr four pack. Eye opening and funny, so swipe right on this book.
Lorraine
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, humour, romance
A quick and quirky read from Bena Roberts.

I rarely read romance books, but the author says this is “not the usual sappy romance”, so I thought I’d give it a chance. I’m glad I did!

Meet Helen, she’s middle-aged and recently single after a long and boring marriage. Join her on her journey to re-invent herself, with the help of online dating, as seen through her eyes, her sister’s eyes and those of her ‘dates’.

Six Tinder Weeks is not a soppy romance, it’s a humorous, saucy, entertaining and enjoyab
Carmen
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though you don't read a lot about Helen's sister, Portia; she seems to be quite a character. I also got the impression that Helen hadn't quite experienced life; she was most likely at the beck and call of her to-be ex-husband before she decided to take back control for herself - even though it was quite a journey of self-discovery. I got a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Sam Clarke
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK - be warned, this is the type of book that will make you laugh aloud on public transport! Picture Bridget Jones on Tinder, but funnier. The main character's insecurities (and achievements) make her very human and easy to relate to. I don't want to spoil things too much by giving away the plot, but the interaction with "ze German fireman" had me in stitches. Would definitely recommend.
Keith Wheeler
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and enticing

This fun and enticing story follows the journey of Helen as she begins a journey to find herself. Middle-aged and recently single Helen embarks on a quest of self-discovery. The characters are strong and well developed. The only issue I found was, being from the states, there were a few words that were “foreign” to me but nothing that took away from the storyline or impeded the flow of the story. Great book!
Zeenat
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was imaginative, funny and had such a great rhythm to it. I couldn't put it down. The author has definitely found a great gap in the market for writing a non-standard romance about a 40 year old trying online dating! So refreshing to read and not the same old soppy romance book you get on shelves nowadays, totally different and unique!
Lisa
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I received this copy to review, I expected it to be the usual online dating novel. I was wrong. Six Tinder Weeks offers an exciting array of point of views.
Helen is the main female lead, who becomes stronger each chapter.
Portia is her sister, and CJ is a spy. Other characters don't have real names but just labels to reflect that they are only the hook-up men or not strongly featured in the book. These include Apollo, Mr Lawyer (whose section made me laugh out loud) and the Fireman. The act
Isabella Adams
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book at the urgings of a friend. When I started it, I had no idea what it was about. It quickly became apparent that the author had a unique voice and style, one that took me a page or so to become used to. Once acclimated, however, it was easy to become engrossed by the story. The main character is so complex that I was surprised to the very end by her actions. The other characters were equally as captivating, with CJ’s mystery/insanity/? personality especially well drawn.
Roberts do
Nicole O'Connor
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Feminists and divorcees wanting fun.
Shelves: chick-lit, satire, romance
Suitability of book cover: Impersonal, modern and adequate.
The content type is contemporary and makes for easy reading.
The language used contains some four-letter words but is not excessive.
The level of violence is low apart from the start where she does some kind of weird pagan ritual thing on a bar stool.
Readability is satisfactory.
The length is moderate and adequate.
The setting is believable.
The use of vocabulary is basic.
The standard of punctuation is good and acceptable.
The originali
Lucy Alice (Author)
Blind Dates, Big Love and Six Tinder Weeks was a really good light read. It's the book equivalent of drinks with a friend with really bad luck, and what makes it funny is that it's so relatable. As a recently single, almost 40 who gets brave and joins an online dating site, then freaks out and deletes the account as soon as someone tries to chat to me, I chuckled and cringed through so much of this book because she's braver than me, but pays for it! I think the emotional side of going from a 'li ...more
Jeannie Sharpe
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Funny Story

I had ever known about this author until I read this funny book by her. If you like a twist on dating after you get divorced then you will love this book. I like the way Bena presented the characters in the story. I liked CJ’s funny ways. I’ve read no book like this one and would recommend it if you like funny books with a twist. I got engrossed from the first page and kept reading it until the end. A great book. 👍🏼

Jody
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is a quirky novel about a recent divorcee. At forty Helen is unsure of her life’s direction and concerned that life has passed her by while enduring a loveless and lackluster marriage. This romantic comedy is filled with dark satire, poking fun at a journey of self discovery that so many women find themselves navigating nowadays. Helen’s a great character and her journey though the dating world was entertaining.
Dawn Husted
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is pleasurably satisfying. It follows a woman, who just left her terrible husband, on a journey to rediscover who she is as a woman and in control of her love life. The chapters follow different characters, showing you two sides to every coin. If you want to read a sexually heated book, read this one!
Tena
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
This reads like a memoir so it gets a bit mundane in spots, however, since the title CLEARLY says Realistic as well as Comedy; that puts it in the plus side. And comical.. yes, yes it was! I enjoyed reading this. ** I won this in a goodread giveaway sponsored by the author, Bena Roberts.
Virginia Babcock
Truth in Fiction

I enjoyed the honesty in this book. I loved feeling how Helen felt and how things affected her. Sometimes you have to do something different and I cheered for the Helen the whole way. Funny and realistic writing made it easy to finish in one setting.
Rachael Tamayo
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A roll in the hay!!

Join Helen after her divorce as she realizes who she is through a string of men and trial and error. It’s cute and well written, a sexy romp. Looking forward to
More from this author.
H.M. Gooden
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should be read by every woman who has ever gotten out of a relationship after they’ve stayed far too long. At parts painful and delightful, the author manages to make being a middle-age divorcee rather delightful!
Juma Juma
May 10, 2018
morna killian
Feb 06, 2018
Bena Roberts was a journalist and analyst. Now she prefers the title novelist and romance adventurist. She graduated in England 1994 and then with a Masters in 1997.

Born in 1973, Bena lived in West London until she was 24. Then she lived and worked in Budapest, Bruges, Prague, Amsterdam, Vienna, Hamburg and Munich. She currently resides in Germany, between Heidelberg and Frankfurt. Although she s