Start by marking “Caught by You (Secret Agents #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught by You (Secret Agents #1)

Caught by You

(Secret Agents #1)

It takes a specialized task force to bring down the most notorious criminals, FBI agents with the guts to go for the glory, and the smarts to know what rules to break—for justice and for love . . .

Published March 13th 2018 by Lyrical Liaison

To ask other readers questions about Caught by You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught by You

Start your review of Caught by You (Secret Agents #1)
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Avery Coppola is a woman on the run—not from the law, but from the lawless. Her ex-husband, mafia boss Dante Coppola, never forgets or forgives, especially since Avery stole incriminating files from him. For now, she’s found sanctuary in the North Country of
Bec

When Avery Coppola learns that not only are her ex-husband's people after her but also the FBI, believing she has files that could take her ex-husband and mafia boss Dante Coppola down forever for his crimes, she's forced to go on the run again. Yet, there's one man that won't seem to allow her to keep running. Will she put her trust in Special Agent Vincent Mondena or will she lose the man she's coming to care for more than she ever thought possible?

What a wild and thrilling ride Ms. Rafferty t
Cathy Geha
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught By You by Kris Rafferty
Secret Agents #1

This introduction of a new series had many slowly exposed secrets that the heroine keeps close to her chest…or should I say on her fingers? Avery Toner Coppola is the ex-wife of a mobster who is in hiding with her younger sister. She knows that there is a hit out on her and she needs to run again. When Agent Vincent Modena is sent in to talk her into taking FBI protection in exchange for files she stole from her husband…well…all she can think about i
Books and Spoons
This story was a triple treat for me starting with the author's voice and style to tell a story. It was flowing, smooth, and engaging, it pulled me into the story and held my interest throughout. The storytelling was intense and sharp mixed with a little drizzle of delightfully dry humor, and sort of delicate, graceful, lightness like life itself is.
The suspense and the whole high-speed chase, the case the FBI is working on is a twisted twine of lies, doubts, and mistrust. Nothing is as it seem
Nikki Brooks
Avery Coppola is the daughter of a crime boss and the ex wife of his successor. She went on the run from him with her baby sister. Dante says she stle information from him and the FBI have heard these rumours. She may just give them the "in" they need.

Vincent has been under the radar for over a year trying to bring down Dante Coppola. But he has now been sent to schmooze, seduce or otherwise get to know Avery and grab the information she has. But he didn't plan on being drawn to the ex-mob wife
Michele Harrison
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy through a Goodreads giveaway.

A face-paced thrilling ride from beginning to end, Caught by You has it all. Guns, knives, contract killers, FBI agents, and that fish - you'll have to read it to know what I mean. The back and forth between Vincent and Avery is perfection. With plenty of action and tension in every turn of the page, I broke a lot of promises to myself to pause at the next chapter. the second book can't come fast enough.
Linda Quick
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!!! The characters in this novel are fantastic - from the damaged waitress Avery who has endured unspeakable horrors and survived, to the reluctant hero Vincent, who is nursing wounds of his own. The author made me feel connected to the characters, especially Avery, and invested in their story.

This is a must read book that fans of the genre will love - it's fast paced and full of tension. The author is on my must read authors' list and should probably be on yours as well.
Vivian
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. One thing I've noticed with this author she always has strong women as her central
characters and that's one reason I enjoy her books so much. Always enjoy a mystery or thriller and
that's what this book is. Avery and Vincent are perfect together and they both bring out the best in each other. Would highly recommend this book if you like a romantic thriller.
Jessica
Feb 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf @12 pages. The whole "oh one shitty person means all women are evil" bit never plays well for me. At best he gets over it with some time but a)I don't want to slog through him being a jerk to get to him being the good guy and b) more often than not the dude never changes his outlook. ...more
Dianne Kelley
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turner Kris Rafferty did it again can't wait for her next book! ...more
Ramona
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really, really loved this book. I would highly recommend this book to everyone that loves romantic thrillers. I won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads website.
Pat
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. A lot of action and twists and turns that kept my attention throughout the book. Well worth the read.
Donna
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
Trust

I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. This is my honest review. Vincent and Avery are a powerful couple, even though circumstances make things difficult. Non stop action. If you enjoy FBI thrillers, this book is for you.
Melinda M
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught by You by Kris Rafferty is part of her Secret Agents series. It is full of action, adventure with twists and turns. A story that keeps your attention.
Amanda
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

I thought that the characters were really interesting. This book had an unusual mix of not-quite-military, not-quite-law-enforcement, not-quite-organized-crime elements incorporated into the plot. I would recommend it to readers who like romantic suspense books with more complex plots and fewer love scenes.
Meaghan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Lots of this book made very little sense, but it was a fast-paced, action-packed romance. Vincent was a determined and stubborn hero, even when Avery was running scared and not really being logical.
Holly L'Heureux
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD BOOK! I love cheesy romance novels, and I mean cheesy in the best way. It has a combination of romance, suspense, and fun. I really enjoyed every minute of reading this novel. I am so glad to have won it in a giveaway on Goodreads. Thanks for the great opportunity to read a great book!
Ayekah
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a tough one to review. I hate saying that. I love Kris and her books. What I hope is that this book just suffered from first book of the series stutters and that the next one will smooth out.
I loved Avery and Vincent and the plot. Avery was such an interesting woman, strong and powerful willing to protect her baby sister at all costs. She trusted no one. No even Vincent. Granted he was an FBI agent but on more than one occasion I think he proved himself serving her best interest. His inj
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
*******2.75 Stars*******

Caught by You was my first book Kris Rafferty. While not my normal reads, I did find this book had some really nice moments.

This book follows a group of undercover FBI agents as they try to bring down a criminal syndicate. Vincent is tasked with getting close to Avery, so the FBI can bring down her ex-husband and his criminal empire. However, Avery is full of her own secrets and one that my cost Vincent his life.

What I liked:
***I loved Avery. This lady was such a badass
Ken Bour
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-paid
I enjoyed Kris Rafferty's first installment of "Secret Agents" featuring Avery, a fiercely independent woman, on the run with her younger sister having been formerly married to a mafia boss, Dante Coppola. She is a strong-willed and skilled heroine in a quest to retrieve her kidnapped sister and seek revenge for the brutal slaying by Dante of her family members. There are a few unlikely aspects of this novel including the fighting prowess of diminutive Avery who was code-named "The Stinger" for ...more
Margaux
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story arc and its character development are great. I have no problems with those. Even the plot twists and pacing of the story is superb. The flow of the dialogue is believable.

The one big problem that caused this book a low rating for me is the description of the characters' movements. I can't see it. I can't picture it. As an action story, the movements are crucial to the overall quality of the book. It lacked on that aspect for me. I can't say there is a problem with the author's writing
Karen Mirabito
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book read like a harlequin on steroids.
Kissing in the middle of a shoot out, when you have known the girl for all of ten minutes... and and the a line like
“He had never seen her shy”...after knowing her for a whole day duh.
Sorry, either write a love story or write a thriller, this was a bit too much for me, too over the top.
Betty Durnan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story! I think everyone will enjoy the action and the romance.
Angela Freiberger garcia
judy stein
Mar 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Nook books: November 23, 2018 1 4 Nov 23, 2018 08:23PM

• Bridget, Federal Protection (Iron Orchids, #9)
  • Aim
  • Anchor (First to Fight, #1)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • Next Door (Chloe Fine #1)
  • My (Mostly) Secret Baby (My Mostly Funny Romance #1)
  • Mr. White (Case Brothers)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha #3)
  • Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1)
  • Saving Sarah (The Women of Willow Bay, #4)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Transfusion (Transfusion Saga #1)
  • Love Like This (The Romance Chronicles, #1)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Forgotten Sins (Sin Brothers, #1)
  • The Billionaire Deal (The Sutton Billionaires, #1)
  • Securing Sidney (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #2)
  • Unraveling Him (Bailey Brothers, #3)
Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. My Boston accent worsens the deeper south I move. Eight books published. All romantic suspense. I'm where I'm not supposed to be, doing what I'm not supposed to be doing, in a way that I'm not supposed to do it. You can find me on Krisrafferty.com, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterist, too.

Secret Agents (3 books)
  • Catch a Killer (Secret Agents #2)
  • Deadly Past (Secret Agents #3)