Start by marking “The Double D Ranch (A Fortuna, Texas Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
The Double D Ranch (A Fortuna, Texas Novel #1)

The Double D Ranch (A Fortuna, Texas Novel #1)

Longhorns and lingerie...

Much to the chagrin of foreman Josiah, Jessie Davidson wants a romance reduction. But the Double D Ranch hides a secret. Since inheriting the property, Jessie kept her grandmother’s hoard concealed, but now she’s found the courage to purge the unwanted items: steamy novels, thousands of them. Romance has to go! Donating the books is a good thing,
Published December 12th 2017 by Epic Dreams Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Double D Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Double D Ranch

J.B. Richards
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I was far from taking this novel seriously once I read the eye-rolling title of Bradley’s book, but I was pleasantly surprised by this great yarn about a small western town gone loco over a secret treasure trove of old romance novels. “Longhorns and lingerie” barely begins to describe this live-wire western romance with a twist of mystery and angst. And although it’s sexual innuendo that abounds between the pages of this astonishingly endearing read—with places like the Tease Me ...more
Teresa  Christianson
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. This is a new to me author and I will be looking for more in this series.
Jessie inherits the Double D Ranch from her grandparents and Josiah is the foreman. They have been friends since they were teenagers. Josiah promised her grandma on her deathbed that he would always protect Jessie and keep her safe. To save the farm Jessie starts sewing lingerie but doesn't tell Josiah what she is doing. Desire helps her because she has the knowledge of opening and running her own business
Brandy Ellerhorst
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, so much tension between Jessie and Josiah and even though it took most of the book, when they finally accepted each other's love....well worth it. The townsfolk are such great characters, Desire is a favorite with her spunky attitude. AMAZING
Barbara Leuthe
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read.The romance book reading and all the pranks made you laugh .I cant wait to read more from this series.I received this book free as part of goodreads giveaways.
Patricia
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to THE DOUBLE D RANCH and the town of Fortuna Texas . Jessie Davidson has inherited the ranch from her grandmother . She has also discovered a hoard of steamy romance novels . When she donates them , she starts finding them all over town and a town caught up in the reading of said novels . Acting them out and just having romance all over the place . As her love life is idle , but there is a spark from a man that has been in her life will bring more then any romance novel can ever do .
Gina Rae Mitchell
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I loved this light-hearted romantic fiction novel. The puns are funny and nonstop. Young-at-heart Desire is the most over the top, sexy, hilarious character. I really hope she gets her own story in the future. Josiah and Jessie are characters you can relate to and root for.

You will laugh, lust, cheer and groan your way through this fabulous book one of the Fortuna, Texas series.

I definitely recommend The Double D Ranch by Rochelle Bradley. This is a great read whether you are on the beach in su
Lynn Furderer
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I may be a little prejudiced because this book was written by my daughter in law. But I think it is a fun read, the characters are well written and the tongue in cheek banter is hilarious. She is busy at work on her next novel. We are very proud of her. Plus I think you would enjoy this book so I highly recommend!!
Shayne Madison
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a hoot. If I start to tell you about what is so funny - I'd give it away and you really want to read this book yourself to find out what I mean. Suffice it to say, I made notes of the things that were cracking me up as I went along so I could tell them to my best friend.

A sexy read. You won't be sorry.
Kessy's
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love slow burn romantic and sexy book, this is the book for you! This is a beautiful, well-written book about Jessie who lost so much, but keeps going. She lived some very disturbing events, yet, she smiles, she reads, and she finds a way to make even more money than just with the ranch.

The Double D ranch, first you think oh, no! Not an innuendo in the title right away? Yet, I know from the author that it isn't intended, still, I will leave you the pleasure to take your guess. Even if the
Shayne
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I watch MXC with my hubby on youtube - and this book has comedic aspects that remind me of that show. In other words, you will laugh reading this book. (Yes, intentional by the author). It got to the point that I would text my friend and tell her the next funny part. I don't want to give anything away so you are going to have to read it for yourself.

Aliya DalRae
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hold onto your hats!

The Double D Ranch is a rootin’ tootin’ good time, complete with hot cowboys, steamy romance, and double entendres that will have you “doubled” over with laughter. But don’t let the humor fool you. Double D is an entertaining romance with well-developed characters you can’t help but fall in love with, and a plot driven story that will have you turning the pages and leave you wanting more. Bradley has delivered a solid debut novel, one that has this reader anxiously awaiting
Elin Eriksen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny and saucy, romantic comedy.

Jessie inherited Double D Ranch at an early age and with it came a bedroom filled with steamy, romance books... (Compliments from her grandmother.)
Getting help from her mate B.J. to remove the smutty literature, intending to donate them to a senior senter, they started to turn up at the least likely places. B.J. was a friend due to their mutual dislike of romance. He, because of a cheating ex-wife and she, because of an attack. In the shadow lurked her foreman Jo
Lovebooks
Very sophomoric humor. Took me forever to read. Usually can finish a book in a couple of days, took over a week to finish-I hate not finishing a book so was determined to complete it. No obvious grammatical errors, writing was fine. So tired by the "cute" names by the end of the book. Sorry not sure who this book was meant to entertain. I thought the premise was good but the execution was poor. The h was so wishy washy, choose already, and the on and on about who she kissed and rating them. Enou ...more
Megan Boniface
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This romance novel had the comedy aspect I’ve been looking for in most romance novels I’ve read. I caught myself laughing out loud or covering my mouth over and over to stifle giggles. After all that Jessie has gone through I loved that she was such a strong one woman who knew how to stand her ground. I’m happy their budding romance finally ended in a happily ever after. Also loved the aspect of grandma undine’s stash of novels and how they swept through the town like a frenzy.
Sonya Bankester
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Long drawn out

Story line is great. It’s a cute story. One part I enjoyed the characters..but the happenings between the main characters seemed to drag out too long. There’s not much depth to keep you engaged. Usually, it takes about an hour to an hour and half to read a story this size. But I got tired of reading it. It took a week because I started reading another that was a “barn-burner”.
Debbie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read.
The story of the romance novels being read by the townspeople, the hardships of running a ranch and alternative ways to make money and the romance between the main characters is fantastic. I really enjoyed the play on words with the townspeople’s names, it had me in stitches.
I would recommend.
Sahnya Mcwaters
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow where can I find me a man like Josiah, mmm mmm . This book had me cracking up laughing, ready to cry, wanting to reach in and slap someone and falling in love. Rochelle Bradley totally rocks awesome book couldn't stop reading once I started ready to start book two. MUST READ!!! Mind blowing amazing story.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time reading this book. Like all good stories there was the good , the bad, the hero and heroine. Plus a large cast of characters that I truly believe were perfect for this story. I'll be reading the next book for sure and will be checking out this author's other books.
Lori Hammons
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun read. Jessie and Josiah's story is full of very deep emotions like loss, anger, fear, humor and love. Issues are overcome, mystery solved, hearts united. I cracked up over the play on words with the townsfolk. Hilarious!
Ruth Bishop
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read with lots of good laughs. Jesse discovers a lot about her grandmother she didn't know. Her grandmother's friend Desire is a hoot. What will happen if men decided to read love stories to help them with their love life's.
Sydney Hopke
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read!

What a great stay to a series! I enjoyed the sweet love story with lots of heat, the author did a great job with that. The characters are fun and you really the story with a smile and a laugh. Can't wait to read more!
Mona williams
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a really great book! he made a promise to keep her safe. along the way feelings start. how long can he hold off? read to find out what happens. a must read for sure!
Teri Ditchman
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun story with great characters. A very entertaining and relaxing read.
Vickie Chaisson
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Double D Ranch

Jessie inherited the Double D ranch when her grandmother died. This is a sweet love story of perseverance and patience. Josiah promised Jessie's grandmother he'd take care of the ranch and Jessie. The chemistry between them is strong and pure. This is a beautiful love story that you just cannot put down. The secondary chararcters are extremely important and give great depth and humor to this story. You just never know what is going to happen next. I loved it.
Wilhelmina D Hastings
May 24, 2019
Linda Jay Puett
May 05, 2019

• Spank Me, Mr. Darcy
  • Briar's Cowboys (Daly Way, #5)
  • Rose
  • Dakota's Cowboys (Dakota Heat, #3)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Cowboy, Sing Me Home
  • Game On
  • Amazed by You (Riding Tall 2, #1)
  • Saddles and Spells (Saddles and Spells, #1)
  • Young Junius
  • Rafe (New Horizon Ranch: Mule Hollow #2)
  • Strangers In The Night
  • Annie and Patrick (Under a Texas Sky)
  • At Yomi's Gate
  • Leaving Salt Lake City
  • Merge Ahead
  • Set in Stone (Second Chance #3)
  • Bear Boss's Mate: BBW Paranormal Romance (Shifter Series Book 1)

Rochelle writes epic dreams. In her mind, they play like a movie with a cast of fun-loving, big-hearted people in a small-town setting.

Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, Rochelle developed a love of nature, art and traveling. Snowbird grandparents first introduced her to Texas when she was a child. Her fondness for the state grew over the years. In college, she flip-flopped between interior deco