Start by marking “His Best Mistake (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
His Best Mistake (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 1)

His Best Mistake

(The Maclean Family Legacy #1)

Is it too much to ask for a relationship that works?

When Stella Grant realises her perfect romance is a lie and that she's the other woman, she flees to her remote cottage in the Highlands to lick her wounds.

Billionaire currency trader Jack Maclean has nothing but contempt for the woman who stole not only his sister’s fiancé but quite possibly a family heirloom to boot
Published January 22nd 2018 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about His Best Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Best Mistake

Start your review of His Best Mistake (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 1)
Paula
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
If the purpose was for me to enjoy the story and route for the two protagonists then the author truly failed because there is nothing attractive, interesting or enjoyable about a H who has loved, lost and continuously mourning his one true love throughout the book! If I was suppose to believe that he found another "soulmate", then she failed because there is absolutely NOTHING I hate more then an author who inserts another love in the main story!
For me, the true romance in this read was the H &
Kiki
Reread: upped a star

I read it the second time. I’m better at picking things these days, and this time I actually believe they’d have been together even if the baby didn’t happen.

Well at least the hero would have tried, I guess h may not have been too keen since she wasn’t really a fan of him and she was quite self sufficient.

He was after all going to go meet the h for NO logical reason just before she showed up.

I would have given it a solid 4 star if the sister picked up STI from the OM and d
♡Tonya♡
Jan 02, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF - it's not romantic to ME to read about a man who couldn't get over his teenage sweetheart, love of his life l, dead wife .... come on
Mou
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

The book was below average for me.
I totally agree with Kiki. They wouldn't have been together if not for the pregnancy. I didn't feel any chemistry between them.

Safety Issue: It was safe.

Check Kiki's Review- 👇👇👇
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Reading the blurb I knew going in to expect some drama. The cover pretty much gives it away with its sweet baby bump out to here look but this book surprised me.

Stella is not a home wrecker – no matter what people are saying about her. When she finds out her boyfriend isn’t the “one” because he’s about to say “I do” with his fiance, Stella is mortified and ashamed to be the other woman in this scenario. Embarrassed and feeling bombarded with the unwanted extra attention, she leaves to lick her
Chloe Adams
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was brill read! Jack is so sweet after his earlier jackhead foolery and Stella deserves someone like him! Loved it
Ayekah
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Yet another tough review to write. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. Plenty of angst, a pleasant strong female and an all bark and barely a bite man who couldn't pull himself together and get out of his own head. Past aside, he was a drama king. A role most often reserved for women. I loved how Stella challenged Jack at every turn. She took no prisoners. She carried this story. Jack was background filler and his sister was a witch on a broom, happy to say her couple of appearances were enou ...more
Debbie Oxier
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Lucy King book I've read and it won't be my last. Stella Grant is hiding away in a small cabin out in the middle of nowhere. She had her heart broken by the man she thought might be the one when she'd discovered, in truth, she was the "other woman"! Ben, or rather, Brad (his real name), already had a fiancee and was just using Stella.

Jack MacLean is on a mission to find the woman who seduces his sister's fiance and make her pay. A billionaire, he has the means and wherewithal
Shari
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. Jack has come to Stella to confront her on breaking up the engagement of his sister only to find to find him in a situation that will change his life. Get ready for a roller coaster of emotions that will take you on the ride of your life. Where they can't deny the chemistry between them but will it last for a life time.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, so many emotions that Jack was going through, so afraid to open his heart again. Stella is use to being on her own,
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Stella Grant discovers on New Year's Eve that her boyfriend Ben of the last few months is actually Brad and engaged to another woman. Devastated and feeling bad about being the other woman she runs off to her cottage in Scotland to lick her wounds and express her feelings through her painting.

Jack Maclean is the brother of Brad's fiancee, Cora. His sister is devastated and a valuable family heirloom has gone missing. Jack and Cora assume that Stella has deliberately seduce
Coco.V
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (5/8/2019)! 🎁
Kodie Mackay
I'm a ball of mixed emotions with this story.
3 stars.

I feel like the plot is totally given up by the cover so you know at some point it's going to happen which kind of ruins the surprise. I personally feel like had it been kept under wraps it would have made a great plot twist, especially under the circumstances in which they met.

I really enjoyed Stella as a character. She was strong and fierce which she needed to be to put up with the bull she did. Extremely relatable in her troubles and my
Books and Spoons
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
A well written and an easy to read romance novel with little angst, a lot of passion, a bit predictable plot and a heroine who carried the story with her strong character.
This was the age-old story of accidental pregnancy after a one night stand that should have never happen. There's the billionaire, the strong heroine who grew up alone, and family who causes drama. There was nothing that I didn't like about the story, it is a good, solid tale about falling in love and dealing with your past.
J
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Best Mistake by Lucy King

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: General Fiction (Adult) , Romance

Sometimes I just want to read a simple easy romance, and this was perfect yesterday when that was my mood. I'd just finished an intense fantasy read and wanted something to relax with.

Stella is lovely, and I felt so sad that she hadn't any decent family, and her childhood left her so reserved she didn't even have any real friends. No wonder she was taken in by the jerk Brad, who neglected
Lynne
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, netgally
I liked this story, it has a solid plot line and a really strong female lead in Stella.

I did find it a bit unrealistic that two people with so much emotional baggage, could just get over it all in they ways they did. I wish that Jake had been a bit stronger and emotionally deeper, (view spoiler)
Jane
Jack Maclean, a billionaire trader sets out to find the woman that came between his younger sister and the man she loved. In the process of finding Stella Grant, artist he realizes that she was lied to and left with the bad feelings of being 'the other woman' and has retreated to a remote cottage in Scotland. In the process of sorting out what really happened, he finds Stella attractive and makes His Best Mistake ever.

His sister is still mad, Stella turns up at his office six weeks later expecti
Ofelia
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I’ve read from Lucy King and I really enjoyed reading this book. Jack may had sought Stella out to confront her and ask her why she slept with Cora’s fiancé but once he saw her the sparks just started flying. Jack may have been totally wrong about Stella’s character and after listening to her side of the story, feelings/lust wins out. They both promised each other one night but it was a night that had serious consequences. Both Jack and Stella helped each other out by ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is my first read by this author. The premise drew me in. I enjoyed the female lead quite a bit. But I have to say that overall, the story telling was just ....ehhhh.... Not too exciting but not too disappointing either. I will give the sister's story a try before totally giving up on the series.

*Complimentary copy provided for an honest review.
Joan
May 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Implausible tosh with a woman who is beyond stupid and a man who is an arrogant bully. When it turned into insta-lust sex-fest I gave up. Shallow, vapid characters. And why the hell did she let a total stranger, who had been so abusive to her, stay in her cottage? She had no internet, no phone..... idiot. Meh.
Jane
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Good read

Jack Maclean has come to the Highlands determined to get answers from Stella Grant, —the woman who had an affair with his sister’s fiancé leaving her a wreck—and by extension, retrieve a signet ring, a family’s heirloom.

But when he finally meets Stella he’s unable to fight the attraction and soon they can’t deny the chemistry between them.
Gigi
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Read the first 2 chapters & had to DNF this book. The hero is an absolute donkey. What a giant brat. ...more
Teresa
Will review later. Loved the chemistry between the hero and heroine.
Introverted Reader
Jul 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
I don’t know if I would even consider this read because I pretty much skimmed the whole book and just read what I though was important because I wanted to know how it ended.I just couldn’t get into it maybe it was because it was told in a third person point of view and I’m not a big fan of those but I also felt there was not much character development and just quite boring.
Donnajo
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book.

A great start to a new series, His Best Mistake by Lucy King. book one in the Maclean Family Legacy series. Jack Maclean goes to confront Stella who broke up his sister's engagement. But the unexpected happens. A story of rollercoaster emotions, past issues and the unexpected. I'm looking forward to future books in this series.
Char (1RadReader59)
I enjoyed this story so much. It’s about two wounded souls who find themselves after a one and done becoming so much more.
Jack is a widower four years now and he is in the midst of his wife’s anniversary passing week. When his distraught sister needs him. Her fiancé has cheated on her, but she believes it falls in the lap of a woman called Stella. So, he tracks her down and is on his way to get some answers.
Unfortunately, he wrecks his car, and she is the one that helps him out of his not so g
Angel Hatfield
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Stella had just finished a painting she had been working on. But it was still crap.Stella didn’t understand how she could wield a pencil with deftness a skill that had given her both a career and a sideline Stella loved. But put a paintbrush in her hand and it all went to crap. But this painting like the other twenty four were merely a means of therapy and destined for the fire. Stella didn’t deserve a quick and easy fix for she had slept with a man engaged to another woman but Ben- who was real ...more
Jo Reads Romance
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
A Fresh and Fun Romance
4 stars

I started reading this book with trepidation. I liked the sound of the premise but it was partially set in Scotland and that makes me nervous for ‘och aye the noos’ and etc. I didn’t actually realise until I started reading that the characters were English, and I’m assuming, the author is too. I relaxed…

…and started to really enjoy the read. I liked Stella from the offset. SHe’s feisty and honest, takes no nonsense and goes after what she wants - but her inner d
Angela Simmons
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack and Stella were great together. A bit heavy at times but the witty banter made things interesting.

So, I was a bit worried when I started this one—it was so close to becoming a DNF—because I’m not a fan of cheating or fiancé stealing (yeah, I don’t read blurbs, so I had no idea) but thankfully I kept reading and realized things weren’t as they seemed.

Jack’s decided to confront the woman he believes stole his sister’s fiancé and an heirloom Russian signet ring. He didn’t plan on being stran
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I let this story stew in my brain for a bit before writing this review thinking I might change my mind after some thought. Really, I didn’t. His Best Mistake is a story that falls into the “good story” rating for me – I didn’t love it, didn’t hate it either but was somewhere in-between. I’ll round it up for the postings, but this story is really a 3.5 star rating for me. And mainly because of those characters the series is named for – Jack and Cora. Because this copy
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Challenging the Cowboy (The Men of Marvell Ranch #3)
  • Head Over Heels (Love in the Pacific Northwest #1)
  • Swipe Right for a Cowboy (Riverrun Ranch, #1)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • The Lone Star Lawman (Texas Justice #1)
  • Montana Firefighter (Glacier Creek Book 2)
  • Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #1)
  • Montana Baby (Calhouns of Montana, #1)
  • I Will Always Love You (The Gentileschi Sisters #1)
  • The Bull Rider's Return (The Starr Brothers of Montana, #3)
  • The Sheriff's Woman
  • Brides of Holland Springs Book Bundle
  • The Tycoon’s Pregnant Lover (European Tycoon #1)
  • The Sheriff's Baby Bargain (Angel Point, #1)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Sweet Texas Fire (Sweet Texas Secrets, #2)
  • 15 Minutes (Time for Love, #4)
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Angels (Texas Lawmen, #4)

The Maclean Family Legacy (2 books)
  • Her Forbidden Warrior (The Maclean Family Legacy Book 2)