Start by marking “The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)

The Best Man

(Alpha Men #2)

It has all the makings of a picture-perfect wedding. There’s just one detail that could have used a little more planning…

Hulking ex–rugby player Spencer Carlisle has crushed on Daffodil McGregor since high school. On the field he knew the moves. Off, he was a clueless clod who never gained an advantage. Rejected and rebuffed, his infatuation finally cooled—like ice.

Now,

Kindle Edition, 1st. Edition, 332 pages
Published April 10th 2018 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Man

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3.5 - 4 Stars

First of all, let me say, my apologies to Natasha Anders. She's a total sweetheart and gave this ARC to me and how did I repay her?

By taking MONTHS to finish it.

description

For real though.

Not cool of me.

I'm sure you can all relate to this, but I am a moody AF reader on super steroids.

I will binge on one trope of romance and blow through six books in one weekend and then I will turn around and not touch that genre for months.

Also, *confession time* straight contemporary romance (with no sp
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS

As a long time fan of all things Natasha Anders, I don't even bother to read the blurb before adding her books. But when I saw that this book will featured Daisy's sister and Mason's older brother from The Wingman, I was that much more excited.

If you haven't read this series yet and are expecting it to be on the same level of angst as some of Natasha's previous books, you're in for some disappointment. While there's definitely emotion brimming from the pages of these stories, it's not tha
Alex ♈
I don’t dispute this author’s talent/the writing.

I always rate and review the plot, the characters and the message/moral of the story.

I didn’t particularly like the previous book in this series – The Wingman – and I didn’t plan on reading this one, but then I saw some reviews saying that the heroine was a ‘bad’ one, even an a§§… And since my understanding of the strong and different heroine leaves me often in the minority, I took it as a sign, that this heroine could be a sassy, maybe even b*tc
BookLover
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I was so excited to get this ARC for the follow-up to The Wingman. This was Daff and Spencer’s story. We got a glimpse of Spencer and Daff in “The Wingman” and I just knew their story was going to be good.

Spencer and Daff’s story went all the way back to school, where Spencer had a hopeless crush on the popular Daff. Caving to peer pressure and the need to fit in, Daff was a typical “mean girl” to Spencer.

On the surface, this seemed lik
Claire Robinson
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "The menu has changed and you're now on it..." Stars!

Can’t lie Natasha Anders is an author that takes me to my happy place. I have adored every book that she has written and book two in the Alpha Men series, did not disappoint.

Daffodil McGregor had been treating him like a second-class citizen since… well, since forever, really, and he was done with her.

The Best Man gives us Daff and Spencer Carlisle’s story, we met both of them in book one; The Wingman and this story is based around Daisy
Vintage
DNF due to bad heroine behavior.

She was a bitch to him, I mean a B.I.T.C.H., in junior high. (view spoiler)

She is a bitch now.

Stupid or desperate. (view spoiler)
Lady Heather
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
 photo cover.jpg

The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
by Natasha Anders
Expected publication: April 24th 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance - Adult

A short excerpt:

“It was just a kiss, for God’s sake,” Daff said with some of her old spark.
“Why do you have to overthink things like this?
Why can’t we just be in the moment and share a kiss?”
“Because we weren’t just in a moment. You showed up at my house at two thirty in the morning, soaking wet, rambling on about liking me, and then you planted your mouth on mine in the most
Nadine
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, chick-lit, glasses
4 Stars

I loved the first book of this series ( The Wingman ). It was a ugly duckling story, but with 'The Best Man' we get the complete opposite.

Daff (our h) is not a nice person. She's bitchy, self centered and treats Spencer ( the H) like dirt.
Spencer is in love with her since high school and she never ever even thought about giving him a chance.

Sounds like a great start for a romance, doesn't it?

It's a complicated story and I truly understand why everyone seems to hate Daff. Spencer is su
Libby Harrison
The heroine was a snobby piece of sh*t

DNF'd at chapter 3
Karen111
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well that was disappointing. I’m so gutted as I love this author, have waited a long time for this book to come out, and Wing Man is one of my favourite books.

I LOVED Spencer and the chivalrous principles he held so dear. What a great character. The writing was executed very well, as I always expect from this author.

But I just couldn’t stand Daff and all her non-issues, and they really were non-issues. What a complete and utter wet blanket. She didn’t deserve Spencer, and she ruined this book
 B.E.Love
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
So at the beginning of this book I'm not gonna lie This book was not going to be getting a 4 star review for me. I read book 1 and really enjoyed it and I liked the characters in this book form book 1. So reading this book was a no brainer for me and I also think this author is as sweet as can be. The problem or issue for me was when I was reading this book I was not liking the heroine. She came off too mean and opinionated so I wasn't sure how this book would turn out. Add to that that this her ...more
Chitra *CJ*
Feb 01, 2018 marked it as next-on-my-tbr
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG A NEW NA!!!!! GIVE ME ALL THE LOVE AND ANGST!! #CANTWAIT #OMG
Cansu
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
I was confused at first when I saw the rating... but then I see that this book is not available yet. So why giving 1 star ? Who is cruel enough to do that ? 😪
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I'll get my minor criticisms out of the way first so I can commence with telling you just how much I adored this storyline. The Best Man felt a bit slow moving at first, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. This story was the PERFECT blend of humor, heartache, angst and steam and I enjoyed every single second. There were some minor transitions that felt a little jarring in the moment, but other than that, this book was adorably unputdownable and I couldn't get enough.

Daffodil McGregor
Nichole
Apr 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Daff is so annoying and hypocritical I can't even finish this book. I just hope Spencer leaves her in the dust and finds someone who isn't an asshole.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Daffodil McGregor has always known that Spencer Carlisle has a crush on her. He hasn’t exactly hidden it. However, that crush has chilled and they do their best to avoid one another. Only it’s not possible as Daff’s sister is marrying Spencer’s brother and as the maid of honour and best man they need to work together. So they call a truce. As they spend time together Daff comes to realise there’s way more to the clumsy, oversized former rugby player than she thought.

I started the first book in t
Alaina
Finally, it's Daisy and Mason's wedding! Well, not yet.. but it does happen somewhere in this book. Nope, it's actually more about Spencer and Daffodil. They are the best man and maid of honor at their wedding. Spencer had a huge crush on her back when they went to high school together.. and sure enough, it's still there till this day. Then there's Daff, who wont give him the time of day anymore. They, of course, still have to work next to each other while at this wedding and through the entire ...more
*~* Susie
3.5 stars!

I love this author and was anxious to get this arc. I remember Daff from the The wing man, and honestly did not like her. While I still thought she could be a bitch, her behavior was explained. I just didn’t think it was a good enough reason. Poor Spencer bent over backwards for her, all the way back to high school (or before) and she was pretty mean to him.
That being said, I’m really looking forward to Lia’s book.
Christy
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna have book hangover after this one. Have I said I love this author? Cause I do! So much. After "The Wingman" I had to read this and it didn't disappoint. Spencer was in Love with Daff for years. Even wrote her cute poems. She was a jerk to him for years. They've got to get along for the wedding of their siblings tho.
Daff has her own hangups. After years of dating the wrong men and pretending to be interested in all the things they are. She doesn't know who she is anymore.
I wasn't to su
Alison
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew I was going to like this one but hate the heroine but it turned out I loved this one & didn't hate her as much as I though. Once you released why Daff was the why she was you kind of understood but Spencer totally stole the show.

Spencer had a crush on Daff since high school & secretly she liked Spencer but was shallow & treated him badly. When his brother & her sister are getting married they call a truce & start to hang out. The way Spencer treated Daff was seriously
Ellie
Apr 18, 2018 added it
DNF at 80%

I was willing to overlook a weird BDSM thing in the beginning but it's become downright insulting and kink shaming by now, so I'm giving up. I loved some elements in the story but killed it for me.
Alison
Where to start? I love, love, loved The Wingman, I thought it was clever and funny and cute. Unfortunately I just thought that this was a hot mess.

Daff(odil) McGregor is the oldest of three girls (Daisy and (Dah)Lia being her younger siblings. Daisy is marrying Mason Carlisle (ex-Special Forces, ex-male model, millionaire etc) which forces Daff as her Maid of Honour to play nice with Mason's older brother Spencer who is also his best man.

Spencer had a crush on Daff all through school and used t
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Sep 13, 2018 marked it as never-gonna-read
Wow...so glad I passed on this one! He heroine is horrible!!

Chapter 2 of the third book and this heroine (Daff) is complaining because Spencer won’t let her move in because he wants to set a good example for his younger sister! She’s a total bitch! He wants to be a good role model for his sister and she’s pissed because she can’t have sex with him every night? She’s also pissed and called the last six months “wasted” time because he hasn’t proposed yet? Gah...WTF did Spencer ever see in this bit
Rejane
Apr 24, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
When I read reviews like this, I am thankful for books that gave the inspiration for them. Even if the reviewer had a bad experience. Sorry Alex.. thanks for taking one for the team.
I am sure the best thing about this book is your review

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: Late 20s and early 30s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc Ending
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spencer and Daffodil are thrown together again as they are best man and maid of honor for Mason and Daisy's wedding. While Spencer has always had a huge crush on Daff, even writing her poems back in high school, Daff has barely given him the time of day for fear of judgment from her uppity friends. Now they both have to play nicely to get through the wedding. What starts off as "planning meetings" to discuss the wedding festivities, eventually escalates to friendship and then more. Daff struggle ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
Daffodil McGregor has always known that Spencer Carlisle has a crush on her. He hasn't exactly hidden it. However, that crush has chilled and they do their best to avoid one another. Only it's not possible as Daff's sister is marrying Spencer's brother and as the maid of honour and best man they need to work together. So they call a truce. As they spend time together Daff comes to realise there's way more to the clumsy, oversized former rugby player than she thought.

I started the first book in
Heather andrews
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter what Spencer is always willing to take care of his girl, “Jesus, have you been drinking? Come in, for Christ’s sake, it’s freezing and you’re turning blue.” He dragged her over the threshold..." Spencer's woman can easily read him like a book, “please, you say more with your noises than most people do in a full conversation.” Spencer says the nicest things, “you’re so effing beautiful, Daff. And when you turn into a hairy yeti in winter, I’ll still think you’re gorgeous..." I liked thi ...more
Jacqueline J
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty decent on the whole. Not a lot of angst. Here the heroine is the not so nice one who needs to wise up which she does well enough. Hero is laconic type which is something I enjoy.
night court
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Marty (The Lawson Boys, #2)
  • Payment in Love
  • The Guarded Heart
  • Uncovering Her Nine Month Secret
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • The Billionaire Boss's Secretary Bride
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
  • Primrose and the Dreadful Duke (Garland Cousins, #1)
  • Love Hate Relationship (Colors, #3)
  • Conveniently His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #2)
Since making her publishing debut in 2012, Natasha Anders has drawn praise and attention as a unique voice in romance. Montlake author and 2018 RITA® Finalist, Anders was born in Cape Town, South Africa. She spent nine years as an associate English teacher in Niigata, Japan, where she became a legendary karaoke diva. Anders currently lives in Cape Town.

Alpha Men (3 books)
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
  • The Wrong Man (Alpha Men, #3)
“She had been a carefree, independent, irreverent girl, and Spencer had been drawn to her like a moth to a flame.” 0 likes