Start by marking “You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)

You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl #2)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  19,759 Ratings  ·  719 Reviews
In You Know You Love Me , the sequel to Gossip Girl, it's brunette vixen Blair Waldorf's seventeenth birthday, and she knows exactly what she wants— Nate, her studly troubles boyfriend of three years. But Blair's been too busy filling out Ivy League college applications to notice that Nate has found himself another playmate.
Published September 1st 2002 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about You Know You Love Me, please sign up.
Ravyn Price not really. i mean, it has the same characters but it doesn't follow along with the books really. don't watch the show till you finish the books…morenot really. i mean, it has the same characters but it doesn't follow along with the books really. don't watch the show till you finish the books otherwise it'll spoil everything for you(less)

Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it
poor blair waldorf! this book is so tragic and alternately should be titled, 'revenge on blair waldorf for being brunette, short, academic, and not really a scheming bitch at all.'

in a mere 200 pages or so, here is what happens to poor, unfortunate blair: (1) her unfeeling, oblivious mother announces she is getting married to a cheesy perv she's known for 3 months, (2) said wedding is to take place on blair's 17th birthday, (3) oblivious mother asks blair's arch-nemesis serena van der woodsen t
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
What am I doing with my life? Why am I reading these? But more importantly, why do I want to read more?
I liked this one slightly more than book 1, although Blair would really be better off without Nate (view spoiler) And I don't know what is going on with Dan and Serena, but she doesn't seem all that interested in him either. Hopefully Blair and Serena can be friends again though!

7 out of 10
Mayari Mendoza mendez
This book not is the best but is entertaining :)
Rossy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
The end felt too rushed!
Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books)
Lifestyles of the rich and shameless should be full of partying and good times, but Serena, Blair, Nate, and the not so rich Dan, Jenny, and Vanessa are anything but. Sure, good times are had, but drama is the main course on the menu. Dan is stalkerishly in love with Serena, while she’s just looking for some friends. Nate and Blair are growing further apart with every passing minute as Nate’s eye begins to wander to…Jenny? And Vanessa is still hopelessly in love with the ever unaware Dan. Someon ...more
Melyssa Dawn Michaels
This series is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Who can resist the lives of Manhattan's Elite? In all seriousness, for the age demographic that this is written for, and the information placed throughout the novel, its definitely a hit.
Much like I was when I read the first one again after years passing since my first experience with it, I was taken up with the lives of the main characters and instantly drawn in. Also being a fan of the show and certain couples, going back and seeing them pla
Alexa Hamilton
Mar 24, 2010 rated it did not like it
I read this so I could continue to badmouth these books knowing what exactly the problems with them are. You know, with the amount of (cigarette) smoking in these books, especially indoors, these books could not take place now. But then there's Gossip Girl on the internet, but not all the characters appear to have or properly use their cell phones. The time period is a bit bizarre. And the characters are insane. Everyone sort of has the same collection of problems. I don't recommend these books ...more
Natalie Monroe
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
There's so much name-dropping in these books...
Brujaxa
Lo mejor de este libro es lo interesante y entretenido que es. Es una historia sin pretensiones, que simplemente está para pasar el rato.
No soy fan ni de los personajes ni de las actitudes expuestas en este libro, pero como mínimo me sirve para pasar el rato.
shamena
Sep 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
this book was a car crash from start to finish. all the characters I'd grown to absolutely adore in the tv show were frustrating me to no end.
*Serena is walking perfection who can do no wrong
*Blair is an uptight bitch who can do no right
*Nate is a fucking arsehole who is stoned 99% of the time
*Dan is creepy as fuck
*Jenny is a royal bitch in the making
*Vanessa is pretty cool but her obsession with Dan made me dislike her
the only positive characters were Aaron and Erik who were reaallyy cool and I
Evey
I honestly don't know what I'm doing anymore. Like, these books aren't good (nor remotely close to that), and still I sort of need to keep reading. What for? I don't know either. Its shallow, selfish, vapid characters hold little interest for me. And the narrative style isn't any better, truth be told. As I said in my not-really-a-review of the previous book, this is just a trashy read. Nothing more.
Abbie
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
The characters in this were the same as the last one. I didn't love them, and there were quite a few times where they annoyed me.

This wasn't a brilliant read, but it was better than the first one.
Bert Zee
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG!! So much drama...

I’m loving for the whole Blair Waldorf as a klepto storyline. Such a fun, easy, fast read. I’m hoping to finally finish this entire series of books this year and if they continue to be as camp and cheesy as this was I’m in for some fabulous reading.
Emily
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
These are actually horrible, but I just can't help myself. It's like eating candy. Nothing of substance but you just can't stop.
Selene Matheson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I know I said I wouldn't continue this series but a friend suggested that I try... so here I am
Caitie
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the Gossip Girl television show (but only the really big fans)
Recommended to Caitie by: Reena
Shelves: young-adult
Still reading the Gossip Girl series because of my GREAT LOVE for the show.

This is the book that introduces us to Aaron, Blair's laid-back step-brother. I totally and completely adore him, and I really hope that Josh Swartz & Co. add him to the show sometime in the future.

This was totally one of the more amusing installments in the series, though. Nate's weed-addled love for Jenny is hilarious, and Blair's meltdown after her mother announces her engagement to Cyrus Rose is even funnier. I
Trish
Jul 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in High School lives of rich kids in New york
I really didn't like much of this book. From the swearing to the sex, the life these kids led seemed so stupid and useless, just another bunch of dumb superficial teens and their high school lives.
Esmee
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Heerlijk om dit boek 's avonds te luisteren. Soms schrik ik van de woorden die gebruikt worden, aangezien ik nog maar 14 was toen ik het eerste deel las.
Rachel
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Garbage, garbage, garbage, and I love it. Blair's increasingly desperate attempts to get Nate to pay attention to her; Nate and Jenny's sweet but probably ill-fated romance; Serena and Dan's weird relationship, where they each want very different things; the film festival, and the weekend at Brown, and the wedding. All so much fun, all so delicious, and all delightful to read about. I read almost all of this in one sitting, 2 and half hours, in the courtyard at my grandpa's assisted living facil ...more
Kerran Olson
2.5* These books are entertaining, and I'm gonna keep reading them because I don't have to think about them, but none of the characters have any depth at all. A lot of the writing seems like it could be meant to be ironic but I think it's just shallow and not done very well. Really, reading the books is just making me want to watch the show instead.
Diana
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wie houd er nou niet van Gossip.
Julia Florence
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was actually really entertaining. It definitely was better than the first one! But the characters still were really spoiled and stupid, too, at some times. I don't know what I'm doing with my life reading these books, but what I do know is that I still want more ...!
Nepeta Leijon
7/5/2012

You Know You Love Me is perhaps the biggest piece of garbage that I have ever read. It is not funny, it is disgusting, the characters are one dimensional. Shall I go on? Serena is a bitch. Yes, a big one. And yet, Cecily von Ziegesar is favoring her over Blair.

And why in the world is Blair born in November? You know, why is almost every main character in some books born in late November? I don't appreciate that. I was born in late November, too! OMG!!!

Seriously, this book is garbage.

7/6
Kenya Liggons
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I picked up this book for the first time, I was examining the tittle. I was trying to make an inference on what this book was about. What I thought was completely different from what the actual book is about. I didn't want to put the book down after the first page. After reading the first sentence in the book I already had a visual image in my mind to what was going on.This book was magnificent and incredible! I liked how the author; Cecily von Ziegesar portrayed the characters. This book i ...more
PurplyCookie
"We all come from the sorts of families and go to the sorts of schools where not applying to the Ivy Leagues is not an option, and not getting into them would be a total embarassment."

College interviews, romantic troubles and a fancy wedding photographed for Vogue dominate this second installment of von Ziegesar's frothy but fun series about rich Manhattan prep school kids and the gossip web site tracking their lives.

Blair's mother is marrying her seriously tacky boyfriend on Blair's birthday a
Molly
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I personally love the Gossip Girl books because they’re short, sweet and full of drama and outrageous events that keeps me hooked. This one did not disappoint. They are as addicting as junk food and they are so fun to read. The whole relationship between Nate and Serena is clearly not a very good one and if I’m honest I think it’s time Dan and Serena called it quits too. If you have seen the show as well (I saw the show before starting the books) it’s cool to see the similarities and differences ...more
Joke
The Gossip Girl books are a perfect escape from reality. When you read them, you leave your world And you sneak in in theirs.

Before I started reading This serie, I had wachted the serie on television. The books are different , in a lot of ways , but That doesn't make them bad. They are Totally insane!

The world of our most loved , rich friends is One big drama. There is always something (most of the time more than just something) That Goes wrong. In This book, Blair is getting a hard time. Her
Bailey Nash

Bailey Nash
B-3

Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl is an extrodinary novel about an annomynous person who knows everything about exclusive people in Manhattan. My favorite character would have to be Chuck Bass. Even though sometimes he can be a sneaky man whore,he has this sweet,mysterious,sexy side to him. My least favorite character is Vanessa Abrahms. Because at first she comes off as this nice,innocent person but underneath she is a horrible coniving skank. The part of the book that grabbed my attentio
YA lovers <3: You Know You Love Me 1 5 Jul 10, 2014 11:21PM
SPSV Mrs. Rodgers...: Sonia Mehmi 1 6 Oct 10, 2013 12:14PM
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (The Clique, #5)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
  • This Is Where It Ends
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
“I know hate is a strong word and everything, but its okay: we're teenagers.” 274 likes
“Give a girl a boyfriend and she becomes a total expert on relationships” 86 likes