Start by marking “Support: Purity and Control 1” as Want to Read:
Support: Purity and Control 1

Support: Purity and Control 1

(The God Jars Saga #4)

As Aesriphos Valiant, Valis needs all the support he can get. Oh, and he needs a husband, too.

Valis advanced in ranks in the holy warrior order of Aesriphos on accident. If he doesn’t find a husband soon, it could undermine the entire order because an aspirant must marry before advancing

He knows who he wants, he’s just too afraid to act on it. But as they go on a quest to
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 250 pages
Published January 23rd 2018 by Magelight Press (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Support, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Support

Start your review of Support: Purity and Control 1
Amanda
Now we’re getting somewhere! Okay, I’ve loved all the other books in the series but it’s really starting to pick up steam with this one. We finally(!) have movement on the relationship and even a small steamy scene, there is a lot more action as Valis and Tavros are traveling, and we’re getting more insights into the magic and the gods. It’s coming together so brilliantly, and I can’t wait for more.
Kaila
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
good story.. interesting characters.. it is sexy and sweet and fun. good writing and interesting plot.
Becca
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe how much this series gets better by the book. Although I am not happy how this one ended. Cliffhangers...grrr. But it's been amazing to watch Valis grow and become such a strong leader. Even with his doubts and fears, he sees how everyone needs his words. It's humbling for him, and amazing to see how much he's grown.
They are on the journey to catch the caravan. When they get there, the caravan are under attack from a Qos priest and mercenaries. They quickly jump in to help and in
Natosha Wilson
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I swear this series just gets better and better with each passing book and once I am done with one book in this series, I cannot wait for he other because I just do not want them to end and I want to see what awaits Valis and Tavros next.

In this book, it picks up where it left off in the last book with Valis and Tavros getting ready for their journey to accompany Seza and Zhasina out to accompany a caravan and make sure they have help if they need it.

The journey starts out fine but Valis is sti
Meg
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second trilogy is off to a great start. There is much less crying, though emotions run high. More new characters are introduced, and the excitement and action has finally arrived.

Valis, Tavros, Seza, and Zhasina have set off on their quest to find Zhasina's caravan. As they get started, Valis's experience shows, and puts him in the position of teacher. With Roba's help, they are able to locate the caravan; just as a battle is underway.

Valis proves himself to be able and wise in the eyes of
blub
Valis and his friends begin their journey. The group come across the caravan their new friend Zhasina needed to retrieve. The caravan group are under attack and all four land there hand. Valis manages to capture the Qos priest and earn the thanks of the mercenaries hired by the Qos priest. In capturing the priest, the group also gain some important directives. On the way back to the monastery the group knows they'll be riding into danger so the formulate a plan for success.

For those who have be
Chelle Britton
Devon Vesper, you have done it again! In the fourth instalment of the God Jars series, we get to see Valis in more of a leadership role for the first time. And it sets the tone for the rest of the book, maybe the entire series, but I can't say more without spoilers. In Support we get to see a different side to Valis, but the sweetness we love about him is still very present. We also get more time with just Tavros and Valis interacting and how their relationship is developing.
There are some mome
R
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m, reviewed, series
Tavros and Valis go to help a caravan. They are ambushed along the way by an Qos priest who thinks to capture Valis but with the help of Roba inside Valis, the priest is placed into statis.

The priests mercenaries, upon learning that he was Qos, ask to pledge themselves to Valis’s cause. Distrust abounds but Valis makes it work.

This book was about learning to create magic. Be it good or bad. It was also about Roba’s learning what an incredibly talented man his son is.

The romance that has been flu
Xochitl
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the story continues, the plot is increasing complexity adding more players to the drama. I am not sure how much I can share without spoiling the start of this second saga for you, so I am only going to say this: more action, intrigue and magic than in the previous three books and of course the friendship between Valis and Tavros is finally evolving to something more. That first kiss was.... wow!
I received this book as an ARC and this is my honest review.
Tanya
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He is in need of a husband before he can go any further up the chain of command. He has his sight set on one but he is not sure if it will happen. They will bag in o work together to overcome the trouble.that is heading to them. Can this being them closer? Will he have to back away to save them? Follow their adventures

Michelle
Finally the beginning of the romance between Valis and Tarvos. It's been a long struggle for the both of them, but away from home on their first adventure seems to be the magic that needed to happen. The writing, storyline, and characters are superior and engaging, and I'm just loving this new chapter of the saga as Valis and company begin to deal with more adult situations and grow up a bit more. Also, I find "courting" to be adorably quaint.
Jill
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read in this series and because of that I am not aware of what has happened up to this point. This books seems to deal with Valis learning how to deal with his powers and how to control them. It also deals with his finally letting Tavros know of his love for him. In all it is a good read but you really need to read this in sequence because I feel like it would help me understand this story better.
Tammy
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The story has a nice pace and keeps my interest to the end. I loved how Valis becomes a leader of his group. Finally the chemistry between Valis and Tavros became more than friends. I am loving the series and hope to stalk the author for a long time. I love everything about the book and its becoming one of my favorites to read.
“I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book and was not required to leave a review.”
Thank you for sharing your book with us.
tammy rufo
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

Tavros and Valis are finally a couple!! The series just gets better. They have left on mission and are gone for quite a while, they almost die, they fall in love, it's wonderful. Valis learn more about his magic and himself. Roba is still in his head, but he really has redeemed himself. Can't wait to see what happens now that they are back from their mission. There appears to be a new jerk out to get Valis. Can't wait to read Mentor!
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Support: Purity and Control 1 (The God Jars Saga 4) by Devon Vesper is a wonderful story to read. This is book number four in this series and I love reading this story as much as I did the first three in this series. I recommend this story to everyone who loves a good fantasy.

Tony Williamson
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have followed this series from book 1. It just keeps getting better and better. This book is more emotionally charged than the previous books and ties up some "loose ends". Again, I have high hopes for the next book in this series and I am sure I will not be disappointed. Ms. Vesper has created a wonderful series that I am sure to read again and again.
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is now 4 books in and better than ever. I don't know how the author does it but Devon Vesper has again written a book that I couldn't put down. This book starts a new arc in the God Jars saga and the as soon as I finished it I was ready for the next book. I absolutely can't wait. (Make sure to read the first 3 books first because you won't want to miss a second of Valis' journey)
R.S.T.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valis has grown so much since the first book, and we continue to see Valis grow. This book continues where the last one ends, and it's a time span of three months. There was definitely some foreshadowing of some intense things to come, and I'm quite nervous about.
Patricia Nelson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, action packed, emotionally charged, amazing, exciting, sexy, powerful, interesting, and totally awesome addition to this series. I can't wait to see what happens next.
wesley m.lovelace
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book.

As usual she has but the mark in adult fantasy. Can't wait for the final book but I am also initially disgruntled be sure I have to wait. March isn't that far away.
Gema Cela rodríguez
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The series is getting better. More action, more magic, less sappyness... definitely better.
Elisa_Monique
Alec H
Feb 02, 2019
Odessa
May 27, 2020

• Dead of Knight (Guardians of Camelot #2)
  • Everybody Burns (Enhanced World, #6)
  • The Alpha's Fake Mate (The Omega Misfits, #2)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • Concealed Magic (Magic and Claws, #2)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • Revelations (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #1)
  • Second Chance
  • Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • Law of Beauty (The Cubi, #7)
  • Shelter (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #1)
  • Expecting You (Omega's Luck #1)
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic and Claws, #1)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)

The God Jars Saga (9 books)
  • Saviors: Duty and Sacrifice 1