Start by marking “The Spire (The Walshes, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Spire (The Walshes, #6)

The Spire

(The Walshes #6)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  1,893 Ratings  ·  287 Reviews
Rebel, runner, recluse, rich girl.
Nine years ago, Erin Walsh ran away from everything.

Home.
Family.
Secrets.
Tragedy.
Herself.

The only permanence in her life is catastrophe.

She travels from country to country, chasing disaster, teasing fire, playing with poison. She guards against real connections, and shuns the only family she has left.

She holds everyone—even her sib
Published (first published December 13th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Spire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spire

Duchess Nicole
The one and only loner Walsh finally gets some stage time, and she's just as dynamic as the rest of them. Finally, we get to know Erin Walsh.

While all the Walshes grew up deeply hurt by the life they led after their mother's death and Angus' evil, I feel like Erin, the youngest Walsh, fell further than the rest of them did. Which is why it's been so many years since she left Boston. We've read of how close knit this family is up to now, and yet with each installment, we've been led to understan
AJ
She flies with her own wings.”

4.5 Homecoming stars

I’m a huge fan of this series, it has become one of my all-time favourites, telling the story of six siblings who endured a horrific childhood and who are now all grown up and all over each other’s lives. Romantic, dramatic, laugh-out-loud funny and super sexy with sensational dynamics, these books are absolutely fantastic and I have been impatiently waiting for this one!

Erin Walsh is the baby of the family. She is the mysterious sibling who had
Amanda
description
I honestly have no words for this book. It was such a beautiful journey home. If I could give it all of the stars I would. So for now I am using GIFs to convey my feelings for this amazing book.
The book starts and we are all:

(view spoiler)
K. Webster
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. Gahhhh. Kate Canterbary outdid herself with The Spire. I love all of her books but this Walsh story was my favorite. Erin was such a great heroine. She was strong and spunky and smart as a whip. But she was also vulnerable and lost and missing parts of her heart that needed filling.

I had no idea what to expect with this book. But what I didn't expect....happened. Totally knocked me off my rocker and had my jaw hanging wide open. AND I LOVED IT.

The hero is exactly that. A hero. A hunk.
Polly
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5 stars!!

Y'all this book!!! It was everything I needed from Erin's story. It's going to be so hard to write a review without giving anything away but I will try.

First this "can" be read as a standalone however I do NOT recommend it. The whole series is interconnected and makes more sense if you read them all.

Erin is the world traveler. She left home and stays away for her own sanity. I could not wait to see into her head. We knew that she left for reasons and that her and Shannon never talked
Ally
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-audio, 02-library
Dude, this guy is all hot doctor.

hot doc

Don't get me wrong, Erin is no slouch either.

Series: Oh hells to the yesses and I really need RISD's story to get here. Like now!

Sexy times: Bang, bang, bang on the drum all day kinda hotness.

bang

Plan on reading more by the author: Of course!

Synopsis: So, I've gotten to know the Walshes over the last 5 (I skipped book 5) books and they are certainly one f'ed up fam. Their middle name is Dysfunction. But dammit. I love them all. Ok, most of them. I tolerate Tiel. E
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
“There are tornadoes in my head sometimes.”
“I know. But your storms, they don’t scare me.”

I just want to hold this feeling forever. This feeling that I found at the end of a storm; one that pulled at my brow, pushed at my heart, made me hurt and laugh and ache and smile. This feeling of... I don't know. Happiness. Contentment. Relief. Excitement. Homecoming.

Maybe it's just one of those, or maybe it's all of them, but whatever it is, I never want it gone. And I have Kate Canterbary to thank for
Fathima
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh ... why was this soooooo good ! Just why ??? Just when I think Kate can't pull off another awesomeness Walsh shenannies , she goes ahead and does just that ! Erin Walsh was kinda off separated from the rest of the pack character all this time.. so it was finally good to see her with her siblings .. and the hero of this book .. plain yumminess I tell you!!!!! Just wow !
Michelle Rodriguez
Michelle: Ok Ivy, here’s the thing, we promised Author Lady we would be vague, like the readers need to crack some special code to understand our review and it’s going to be fucking hard, but we will do it, right? So here it goes, finally, Erin’s story and so help me Sweet Baby Jesus, was Erin everything and nothing like I expected!

Ivy: We are getting out extra snappy tap shoes and dance the hell out of this review, because there’s certain key scenes that need to be experienced first hand. *lim
Brooklyn
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** COMPLETELY SPOILER FREE REVIEW ***

This is Kate Canterbary's best writing to date! You can FEEL the amount of blood sweat and tears she put into this book. The Spire was the final book I needed to complete my year. The one I was constantly syncing my kindle waiting for it to appear. I dropped everything the moment I had it so I could devour it. My family, yeah I completely shut them out. I ignored helping the kids with homework, made hubs go get fast food for dinner and maybe even got a littl
Skye Kilaen
One of the most gorgeously written romances I've ever read. I am horribly jealous of what Kate Canterbary does with words.

Our heroine is Erin Walsh, volcanologist, Iceland and Oxford based climate change scientist, and lover of historical anecdotes. Our hero is Nick Acevedo, Mexican-American pediatric neurosurgeon. They collide at a Walsh family wedding, feel an intense attraction, drop their emotional guards, and by the next morning, they're married. Unfortunately for Nick, who really wants to
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
3.5 Stars

Though I love this series, I've always been curious as to what Shannon and Erin's issues were. What would make Shannon, who is a complete momma bear to all her siblings, not want to speak to Erin... Ever!

But this book took forever to tell me. And once I knew, it just seems so anticlimactic. I also didn't like that 75% of the book was either told in text, email, or in Erin and Nick's thoughts. I get that this was a very different way for Kate to tell her story of a member of the Walsh Fa
Ivy Deluca
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _arc-reads
Joint Review with my co-blogger Michelle to post on release date. In the meantime...

description
The Bottom Line
I truly enjoyed Erin’s journey. This isn’t my favorite, but I do believe this is another superb layer to this Walsh story parfait and every flavor works seamlessly together to form one kickass dessert. If you look at it like a quilty, each individual book is a square, unique and funky yet put them all together and you see a beautiful piece of writing. I really want to re-read the whole series.

**AR
London
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: instalove
Solid 3.5 stars. I really liked finally getting to meet Erin and I absolutely love Nick. I think this author is amazing at character development and creating such truly unique characters. The amount of research she must put into each book is incredible.

I think the only thing that I didn't like was that that MC's spend almost the entire book in a long distance relationship. Most of their interactions are through email,text, phone calls, and video chat. While I enjoyed this for a few chapters, af
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo AD7FDF58-9C9A-4599-939B-F54729ED6ACD_zpsbrgnsitf.jpg
She made me fucking wild to keep her. Just wild.

This story was about seeing Erin Walsh in love. It is awkward, yet it's totally natural, and it's fantastic.

This is a story about taking chances, even if they are mistakes.

This is a story about putting your all into something without absolutely losing yourself to it. It's about falling so deeply in love and finding parts of yourself that you didn't know were there. I don't think Erin and her love interest changed each other, they just found each o
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and Give Me Books Promotions***

4.5 Stars

This was the first book I have read in the series. As such, I am not sure how to review it. It was good, I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the characters and their story was compelling, and heart wrenching in a lot of places. I thought the characterizations of Erin and her love interest (as I think this might actually be a minor spoiler) were interesting. And I believed them, and in them.

The writing was strong, and I am positiv
Nomims
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Maybe it's a case of me not you... but my first thought was WTF ?? Everything happen so fast i couldn't get into it. But i saw some potential so i didn't stop. This time all i was thinking was "coward". I didn't saw her growing or anything for most of the book. She never changed her mind just run and run. Yes her past is hard and i completely understand her thirst to be independant, but doing nothing for her sister even when there's big sign, accept the status quo in her relationship w
Danielle
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS!

I'm a huge Kate Canterbary fan, and I adore her Walsh series tremendously. I've recommended this series countless times to friends, both seasoned romance readers and newbies, and I've semi-jokingly referred to it as 'smart-girl smut.' Fans of Canterbary's Walsh family have clamored for the elusive Erin Walsh's tale, and she has answered the call in The Spire.

Walsh family followers know precious little about Erin Walsh, and, after reading this book, it seems that was by design. Canterbary
Mila Grayson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I opened The Spire by Kate Canterbury, I felt the weight of secrets immediately begin to follow me, page after page after page. What would I learn and was I ready to unveil the Walsh history? I'd never felt like this when reading a book before and the uncertainty, and yes, fear, could be felt in my chest — just an ever-so-tiny tightness — as I started Erin's story.

This unyielding apprehension every time Erin spoke. Worse when a new chapter of hers began. Just when the tightness would start t
Lit Reader
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been waiting so long for this !
In many moments here I was completely surprised and sooooo freaked out because of what it means for the series, omg.... I'm still processing this.
Now we have to wait for the next book in 2017, oh god... I must reign mysel in, patience my faint heart !

Longer Review Later.
Gisele
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Everything I hoped for and more! <3 Can't wait for Riley's book.
Rivka Spicer
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for The Spires, the latest book in the Walsh Series by author Kate Canterbary, which is released today (Tuesday 13th December 2016). I’m a huge fan of this series so I was more than a little bit excited to receive an ARC of this book!

As always, The Spires is a perfect blend of smart writing, strong characterisations and enough emotional twists and turns to keep the reader completely engaged and absorbed with the story. I’m a big fan of Kate’s writing style and she hasn’t lost mo
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
All my friends who really know me, KNOW that I am not a patient person. I don't "wait" for books. Either the anticipation kills me or I have a need to reread everything so it's fresh in my head. Most of the time, quite honestly, another shiny penny will suddenly shine like a diamond and I'm off to explore new things, with that once anticipated book now pushed to the back burner. Kate Canterbary's Walsh series, however, is THE ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule. I will gladly consume ANYTHING this woman ...more
Natalie
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her beauty was the slap in the face, but her mind was the sucker punch.

Trying to write a completely spoiler free review for a book and a series that you love so much is truly a challenge. I want to shout from the roof tops, or at least from my laptop about how awesome Erin is and how amazingly awesome her secret love interest was with her. But, alas, I will keep all the secrets to myself and just give you a general, albeit glowing review.

Here it goes ....

Have you ever had that feeling, the on
April
 photo e215f2dc-d1ef-43a8-a509-7158ff83cbea_zpspncqjq4z.jpg

ARC note by the author explains that there are a lot of Walsh family spoilers that are revealed in this book.

If you haven't read any of the other books in this series, you may want to go back and start at the beginning even though this can be read as a standalone.

This story focuses on Erin, the youngest sibling in the Walsh family.  There is a mystery here as to why Erin left her family, and the who, what and why will be revealed in this story.

I first stumbled on this author when I received an
Heavenly
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, 2016-books, arc
It’s no secret that I absolutely adore The Walsh series by Kate Canterbary. Each one just gets better and better and never fails to get me to fall in love with this family all over again. The writing is absolutely flawless, and if I had a choice, I would be able to read about the Walshes for years to come. The Spire, book six, was another brilliant installment in this already fantastic series. Smart, intelligent, with mulit-layered characters that will have you feeling every emotion, this book c ...more
Jelena Bosh
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
STUNNING!!

I haven't read any of the previous books in this series, but the synopsis for THE SPIRE was enough to have me grabbing it and my god. I don't think I've been more eager to both finish a book and savor it slowly.

It's a beautiful story with characters that will pick at every emotion you didn't know you could have when reading a book! I was hooked from the prologue, I got immensed in their narrative POV and couldn't stop flipping the pages even when I work cam the very next morning.

I th
Amy
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“There are tornadoes in my head sometimes.” “I know,” he said as his lips met mine. “But your storms, they don’t scare me.”

“I am in love with your scars.”

If you’ve been following this series for a while like I have, then you have been waiting on pins and needles for Erin’s story. With each book, my curiosity has building. I have been dying to know more. And I have to tell you, Erin’s story…..it does not disappoint.

From the moment we catch up with Erin, I am immediately sucked in. Her whirlwind r
Red Cheeks Reads
"There are tornadoes in my head sometimes," I said, my words growing progressively sharper as he pushed inside me. "I know," he said as his lips met mine. "But your storms, they don't scare me."

THIS BOOK!!!! Ok, so I want to tell you all the juicy details about Erin and *** (nope can't say a name) but I am terrified of giving anything away. Everything in this book is something you the reader need to discover for yourselves. I urge you to stop reading reviews and go and read the book. Now, let
Boundless Book Reviews
The Spire, I could not wait for. Erin has always been a mystery to me. She’s always in some far off place, researching and compiling data. There’s just something about her. So when I heard that Erin’s book was coming, I was beyond excited.

First of all. I’m not giving much of anything away in this review. I’m not gonna say who she ends up with or anything that would be considered too much information. This book, touched me and I think it was amazing. There’s something about Erin, her vulnerabili
  • Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)
  • The Anatomy of Us (WJM, #2)
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • Keepsake (True North, #3)
  • Any Time, Any Place (Billionaire Builders, #2)
  • Maximus
  • Indefinite
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Singe (Guardian Protection, #1)
  • Porter (Lovibond, #3)
  • Wait for It (Everything I Left Unsaid, #4)
  • Sugar Free (Sugar Bowl, #3)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • The Other Side
  • Even the Score
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

The Walshes (8 books)
  • Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)
  • The Space Between (The Walshes, #2)
  • Necessary Restorations (The Walshes, #3)
  • The Cornerstone (The Walshes, #4)
  • Restored (The Walshes, #5)
  • Preservation (The Walshes, #7)
  • Thresholds (The Walshes, #8)
“You should never sit around waiting for life to start because it’s leaving you with every second.”
“You should explore the world,” I said, tears springing to my eyes for no rational reason. “Do dangerous thing. Ignore the fuck out of conventional wisdom. Walk on fire. Treat everyone with kindness because people are the only things worth holding on to. Live without regrets because there is no time for that shit. Never forget the way home, and leave a trail of breadcrumbs if you have to. Love, and get your heart broken, and say fuck it, and love again and then again.”
2 likes