Start by marking “Mein Zauberhaftes Kleines Schwarzes: Roman” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Mein Zauberhaftes Klei...

Julia Holden

Mein Zauberhaftes Kleines Schwarzes: Roman

If there's one dress that could make Jane Stuart think that anything was possible, it's her late grandmother's vintage 1920s Parisian dress. And when the dress becomes her ticket out of her nowheresville hometown, Jane takes her first tentative steps on her own reckless, passionate and oh-so-dangerous adventure. ...more
464 pages
Published 2008 by Goldmann (first published June 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mein Zauberhaftes Kleines Schwarzes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mein Zauberhaftes Kleines Schwarzes

Start your review of Mein Zauberhaftes Kleines Schwarzes: Roman
Carie
Oct 28, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for some breezy chick lit for an upcoming trip.

This book started out well. I really liked the narrator's voice. The plot was a little flimsy. It quickly went downhill from there. The plot became so absurd (The main character is flown to Paris to work on a movie! Then works at Armani! Then ends up at a posh fashion show! Then lands a job at fox news!) and the language went crass and I completely lost interest.

I gave up reading and had a good chuckle when I skipped to the end, becau
J'nell Ciesielski
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fluffy, just what I needed. The circumstances seemed outrageous at times, but it was all part of the ride.
Sheethal
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely easy read. Perfect little gem to ease in to the new year. Feel-good & funny 👌
Nina
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truth be told, I would have given this book an outright 5/5 rating, if not for the fact that the story did not reveal where Jane's 'dangerous dress' came from.

So reading the synopsis, we all know that the dress was from her grandmother. That it was totally splendid and beautiful, and that it may have emboldened her grandmother into doing some really adventurous things. However, how her grandmother came upon this dress and the fact that it was from Paris (so her grandmother went to Paris at some
Once
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is truly a girlie girl kind of book.

Jane Stuart is a girl from the mid-west (Kirland, Indiana to be exact) that inherits her late grandmother's vintage 1920’s Parisian dress. This dress is impressive in every aspect. Jane is intrigued in finding out how her grandmother came upon this marvelous dress. She remembers from her course in school that such a dress could only be from the 1920’s, but what was her grandmother doing in Paris in 1920 when to Jane’s knowledge her grandmother had never l
Elizabeth
Jan 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading The Dangerous Dress was just like meeting a stranger in a coffee shop, spending several enjoyable hours listening to her adventures, and ending up with a new friend. Holden does a great job of writing in the first person, it's what made putting this book down nearly impossible. Here's what I wrote when I was just over half way through reading it.

"This is the definition of an addictive book! I started it last night before bed expecting it to be fluffy (like the cover), and to just read a
Kristen
I wrote a longer review, but it didn't save. So I am just going to quickly say that this is story of a girl from the mid-west that takes a chance, or three, to make it big in glamorous places like New York and Paris, but doesn't. She comes home feeling like a failure and that is when everything really works out for her. My only real problem with the story is that the first 99% of the book is about her and fashion, and her happy ending is about her writing. I could swear that no more than one sen ...more
Terri
Apr 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy the story a lot, but I'd have to say I liked Holden's second book better.....One Dance in Paris.
This had a cute plot and characters, but I guess I had thought (was hoping) more of the story would have taken place in Paris like her second book. Would definitely recommend this one though.
Amanda
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I would read this author again. The foreshadowing was a bit weak. I really expected the supposed villian to act way more queen bitchy and the name dropping was never quite delivered on as promised.
Overall, I throughly enjoyed the authors first person voice and the narrative of the story itself. It sure was one very special dangerous sexual dress.
Deborah
I liked what she said about the way that clothes can affect the way that you feel, your mood. Dres poorly,feel poorly. Dress well, feel good. Clothes do play a part in how you feel about yourselfand your self-esteem.
Louise S.
The cover was definitely enticing! Enjoyed this chick-lit during summer, especially that it concerns dresses and glamour. A lot of unexpected twist and turns for Jane Stuart. It was a fun and light read. Nothing too heavy and dramatic.
Kim
May 28, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I also found this book on Candy Covered Books. It was ok. Better than the last book I read for sure, but I didn't find myself feeling all that invested in the story. ...more
Karina
A cute read but it started becoming a bit too farfetched and lost me halfway through it...but then again, I'm a very picky reader. ...more
Christy
Mar 07, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A dress is a woman's ticket to travel and adventure. I don't know.. I just didn't care.. ...more
Tracy
Sep 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who really like a happy ending romance.
Recommended to Tracy by: my friendly neighborhood book store lady.
This book was okay...In the end it left me still wondering what the origin of the dress was. I have to say it was a lackluster ending. Schmaltzy to say the least.
Kyle
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so cute! I loved it! Hee hee! Awesome!
Alisa
May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
liked this book.. it was a great, light, fun read... made even better by being in the sale bin... teeheehee
Christina
I thought this book was wonderfully cute. It was light and uplifting.
Leslie
fun quick summer read
Christine
Sep 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. I felt like it ended quickly. I am hoping the way it was ended means that there will be a sequel!
Meilyn
Nov 29, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I liked this book. I liked what the author had to say and the way she said it. It was fun and refreshingly witty.
Rachel
Jan 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rally like her books. They are qucik and fun and always end up in Paris!
Megan Porter
A good mindless read, cute story but quite far fetched. Nice chick lit beach read.
Jessica C
It was kind of boring but I wanted to see what happened.
Liz Sulak
A pretty good story. I needed something not too deep and that I could get through quickly and this fit the bill.
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story. Typical Rom Com with a fashion flare. I sometimes felt like the story was a bit frantic, but it kept me reading anyway.
good light read to take my mind off my Gramma's funeral... she could have taken the "magic" of the dress a bit farther than she did for sure. ...more
Smschade
This is a short, fun read. I enjoyed it. I really did.
Susan
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my 3rd read of this book. It has never failed to entertain me. Fun story of a Midwesterner receiving the opportunity to explore her potential.
Kristen
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was ok, some bits funny (witty writing) but some parts lagged.

• It started in Paris
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Hunting Party
  • My Friend Anna: The True Story of a Fake Heiress
  • Where We Belong
  • Ferry Tale
  • The Night Shift: Real Life in the Heart of the E.R.
  • Condition Critical
  • Dirty Rocker Boys
  • Dead of Night:  The True Story of a Serial Killer
  • Ordeal
  • En Route: A Paramedic's Stories of Life, Death, and Everything in Between
  • Look For Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #9)
  • The Country Boy Killer: The True Story of Cody Legebokoff, Canada's Teenage Serial Killer (Crimes Canada: True Crimes That Shocked the Nation, #6)
  • Healing PCOS
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
  • Validate Me: A life of code-dependency