Start by marking “A Lion Is Not Just For Christmas (Norfolk Mysteries novella, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lion Is Not Just For Christmas (Norfolk Mysteries novella, #2)

A Lion Is Not Just For Christmas (Norfolk Mysteries novella, #2)

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Is there life after the circus has left town?

Circus performer Justine Belmont works with big cats, but when the circus is disbanded and the old lion is sold to a private menagerie at a stately home in Norfolk, she is asked to spend a few weeks settling him into his new environment. When she arrives at the estate, however, she receives a mixed welcome.
The groundsman Tom Yat
Published December 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Lion Is Not Just For Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lion Is Not Just For Christmas

Dash fan
5☆ Simply Divine, Captivating & enthralling read

A lion is not just for christmas is the second book in the Norfolk Mysteries Novella series.
I haven't read the first book but it didn't matter one bit as I dived straight in without any problem.

This book is simply divine. I loved every single page of this captivating read.
It had a sense of danger, intrigue, romance, family drama, secrets, the circus.
 I was a little surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it having not read book 1.

Justine live
J.B (Debbie)
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Henriette Gyland that I have read will be reading more of her work. Her writing style flows so well with the story perfectly paced. A Lion is Not Just for Christmas is a fairly short read so perfect for cosying up on the sofa with a glass of wine. The book opens with Justine performing in the circus ring with her father. Their routine with the lion Rexus and two tigers wows the audience but Justine is slightly distracted by a man in the audience. Not long afterwards Ju ...more
Nicola Smith
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Lion is Not Just for Christmas is such a lovely story. At 134 pages it's not a long one but it's packed with romance and intrigue.

I loved the background story of the circus that Justine's family were part of and when that disbanded I enjoyed it when Justine accompanied Rexus the lion to his new home at Lord Brooks' menagerie. Such interesting settings that combined to make this a fabulous story to read. How many books have a lion as a character?

Justine is an excellent protagonist. She's strong
Alison
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read anything by this author before and didn’t realise it was the second in a series but that hasn’t spoilt my enjoyment one iota it just gives me a reason to look at her other work.

I was always fascinated as a child with circus stories (blame Enid Blyton!) and dreamt that it would be a wonderful lifestyle. I’m sure the harsh realities would soon have sunk in but hey the beauty of reading is the ability to lose yourself for a while and I certainly did in this book.

A Lion Is Not Just Fo
Mara Pemberton
Dec 20, 2017
Stacy
Dec 20, 2017
Henriette grew up in Northern Denmark but moved to England after she graduated from the University of Copenhagen. She wrote her first book when she was ten, a tale of two orphan sisters running away to Egypt fortunately to be adopted by a perfect family they meet on the Orient Express.
Between that first literary exploit and now, she has worked in the Danish civil service, for a travel agent, a co
More about Henriette Gyland...