Start by marking “When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)

When To Fear The Living

(The Veil Diaries #3)

Please be advised: Possible Trigger Warning

Hi, I’m Alexis Delaney. I’m your average 17-year-old girl. Except I can see the dead. And talk to the dead and help them move on. So..okay, I’m not your average 17-year-old girl. Right now, the Veil is shut off, and the Way is closed. Which means the dead can’t move on, so, they are camping out on my lawn. I’m trying to open the
Audiobook
Published December 19th 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published May 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about When To Fear The Living, please sign up.
B.L. Brunnemer I'm so glad you're liking the series. I'm working with a new editor this time around so I can only say it book four will be out by the end of this…moreI'm so glad you're liking the series. I'm working with a new editor this time around so I can only say it book four will be out by the end of this year.
For more up to date info, you might want to join the fan group. They get exclusive sneak peeks, and povs. -BLB

Marguerite (M)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
Two reviews in the span of a week?

Anyways...this book.

With everything going on right now, it's difficult to get excited about anything, much less a book. But this one...when I saw it was available I was out of my mind. It came out so quick! I think I'm going to love (see: obsess over) this author.

This series has everything that I love. It has reverse harem. It has a kickass female who stands up for herself. It has ghosts and the supernatural. It has drama and love and fighting and music.

Ok,
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
3. 5

This just keep getting better <3
Miles is my absolute favorite. Zeke and Asher are battling it out for second, and the twins so far haven't moved past third place.
Marguerite (M)
Rating : a thousand stars

It's official, I love these books. And this one was my favorite so far.

- I don't see the point of ghosts anymore.
- Lexie is a mess but still fucking awesome.
- The dynamics between Lexie, Miles, Zeke, Asher, Ethan and Isaac is simply awesome and definitely one of the best in the rh world.
- Damn, Zeke has GAME.
- I want more more more more more.
- I want more of Lexie and the guys.
- But I can't help feeling anxious about the romantic stuff.
- I mean, there friendship is
Rhiannon Chillingworth
3.75... I'm finding each book gets better, but I still find how slow this series is ultimately fraustrating and wish more was developed of the veil and her abilities. It's the characters that suck you in though and I have to keep reading for them, but it's somewhat reluctantly.

Zeke though... and Miles...
Ineffable Book Blog
I never know where the story is headed when reading a work of B.L. Brunnemer, all I actually know is that she never leads the reader in the wrong direction. And the same held true throughout this novel. Once again I was wowed by just how vivid Brunnemer created her story, characters, and everything in between. I fell in love with this series during the first novel, How to Live With the Dead, and have only fallen more deeply with every novel after.
In this novel there is definitely more
Bec
So this barely qualifies as a paranormal, the crossing ghosts storyline seems to mostly be in the background and a stalker situation is the main focus of this book. The editing was much better, still, needs some work but I heard the author is working with a new editor for book 4. I'm still finding the story mostly entertaining and the characters interesting so I'll probably read the next book when it comes out.
Recovering from her break up with Dylan, Lexie attracts the attention of a Secret Admirer. He seems too shy to reveal himself and things quickly get awkward, besides Lexie needs to focus on her link to the Veil and she makes some progress there. Yay! She also admits to herself that she has crushes on a couple of her guy friends. Little things between them start to intensify just as (view spoiler) ...more
Kayla
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series keeps getting better and better.. and my ship is rising!
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog

The reverse Harem seems to be a popular genre these days, I don’t mind since I enjoy reading them. However, due to its popularity and lack of originality, it would seem 9 out of 10 series I am probably reading basically the same story. What could’ve differentiated this series from many others are perhaps the supernatural twist, unfortunately, the series did not build much on the paranormal aspect of the book, instead I am reading what I’ve been reading from just about every other RH series
JadeShea
Lexie is getting frustrated with her ex-boyfriend, and this stalker guy who can't show is face, or leave her alone. As things start to get a little crazy the guys start to step in to help her. And while she is dealing with this, she still has to try to fix the Veil, get help from a witch she doesn't trust anymore, and some more crazy stuff as well. But Lexie doesn't give up and she will do what ever it takes to make things right.

This book was awesome! I loved it. I really loved how Lexie was
Leigh
Let's be honest, I love the crap out of this series. The only reason it's not a 5 is because my standards for 5s are ridiculous.

Lexie is continuing to learn about her powers (thanks!) and finding out some things that are unsettling to her (not sure how I feel about it yet. I think I'll hold off judgement till the next book), and growing in her relationships.

I appreciate the care this series takes with mental illness - it feels a little heavy handed at times, but it's an appropriate use of
Hayley-Marie Haynes-Ward
Omg!!! Zeke I adore you! **SPOILERS**

I've followed this series from the first books release date, I can honestly say I've been on the edge of my seat with anticipation for this release.
I am not disappointed, I'm not sure how B.L.Brunnemer does it but she's excelled yet again. From the flow of writing to the heart rending emotion I felt every single high and low.
Lexie my heart breaks for you.
Miles, you total sweetie.
Asher, so very nearly there.
Cookie Monster, don't ever change.
Ethan, I'm so glad
Jessica
3.75 Stars

This series starts to get better for me in this book. I feel we start making some progress with the Veil and begin to shed a bit of the high school drama (just a bit). This is the book I became more invested in the characters and the world. More veil progress too. I went on to Books 4 and 5.
Jasmine
I am so here for Zeke and Lexie becomg a thing.
Kai P
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m giving it a 5 because it made me love dylan, riley, Jake, Derrick, Aaron ang lexi’s Boys even if the story is a trigger. Took a lot of understanding not to take it personally. I just wish it would have been cleared on the trigger warning. Anyway, Ezekiel kissing Alexis was hot dayum..!
Searcy
God, this third book was just epic. I LOVED it. The series has done nothing but build from the beginning. Perhaps slowly for some people's tastes, but I have loved it.

Lexie and her harem remain some of the best RH characters I have encountered. Adore them!

And I love the brief boy's POVs at the end of each book. Nice to stay in Lexie's head throughout the book, but to have that glimpse of the boys is great!

So, what the hell are you still waiting for?

READ. THIS. SERIES!

UPDATE NOTES:
(Me being
Jenn
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-book
Like the previous novels there's definite editing issues with this novel, besides the misuse of your and you're and they're, their and there, there are scenes in this one where it almost reads like she's confusing the twins she created, descriptors that end up near the wrong name, or a text conversation with one leading to the other responding in person. Twins or not, none of the characters should blend enough for there to be any confusion about who Alexis is interacting with.

Next how is this
S.A.
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
4.5 I'm finally fully behind this series stars

At book 3 I can FINALLY say I'm invested in this series! The first book was a good introduction but there were things that bothered me. Book 2 drove me up the f'in wall b/c...GIRLFRIENDS!!

Now this book...this book was a hit. The one girlfriend left standing after the second book was so minimized that was easy to forget she existed - except for a few scenes. Riley's exit was handled in a mature way. There was no kickback on Lexi for Zeke's feelings.
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
I want my own set of these smexy guys!

I can't get enough of Lexie and her sexy men! I want my own set of them. Miles is super smart and adorable. Ethan is that moody singer who melts you with just a few words. Asher is a super cook with a big heart. Isaac is fun and goofy and a great companion. Then there's Zeke. He's a tortured soul with lots of baggage but a giant teddy bear with Lexie.
She's so lucky. And we actually get to see the beginning of her RH form. There wasn't as much on the ghost
Angie Huggins
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was purchased right after reading the first sentence of book one sample, immediately after purchasing book two. I didn't need to wait and see. I knew I would be a lifelong fan of this author. Once you start reading, it'll seem like you just can't get enough of Lexie, or Miles , or anyone else that's fully apart of the mc's life. Trust me, get this series ...more
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than book two and it is finally moving forward. I like it enough to read the next book. the characters are consistent and they really grow on you. A little "preachy" on the trying to create a strong female lead. The main character is a little annoying that way. but it's good enough.
Camille
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audiobooks
So this has nothing to do with the book or story but the guy who reads the guys’ perspective at the end is terrible. He was reading Zeke and it was supposed to be super serious but I kept cracking up because he sounds like that guy on Facebook, Bat Dad. ...more
Tiffany
Another great book! Love the slow-burn for both the romance and the plot line.

Of course, the books starts off with the boys coddling her, and Zeke being the overprotective mama bear he is. Lexie is pushing herself past her limit to try and calm the way so the ghosts can crossover, which isn't particularly easy with like 10 ghosts outside your house every damn minute screaming at you and making you sick. In the beginning, they didn’t deserve to crossover in my opinion. They were being so
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook

When to Fear the Living is book 3 in the Veil Diaries series and you must read them in order. If you followed my reviews of books 1 and 2, you know I have struggled a bit with Lexi as our heroine. This book starts off in much the same way. I find Lexi to be a PERFECT example of a teenage girl. She is whiny, impulsive, crass, and sometimes just tough to endure. Basically, she is a teenager. The author nailed teenage behavior to a T but as an adult who spends her days with teenagers, I wanted to
Tiera McMillian
Have you ever finished a book in a series totally psyched to head straight into the next book because you could finally see everything you wanted to happen coming to fruition?

After the ending of the last book I was beyond stoked to head into book 3 here. We had gotten a glimpse of the guys POV and it looked like all the engines were rev'd to finally start furthering the relationships between our FMC and the boys. I mean I felt like I was standing on the cusp of all my dreams coming true..... And
C
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting better with time

This book was so much better than the first two. I was hoping it would which is why I stuck with it.

Lots happened. Lexie has a stalker who is escalating. I guessed who it was from the first time they met...still made an interesting storyline. So much more about the actual Veil which made me happy.

The guys are still adorable, and yes there's some feelings being caught in this book. Finally!

And Riley seems like a great friend. I hope she stays that way. I also love Jake!
Stelmaria
I enjoyed this one too, even though the intrigue gets much darker than in the previous books. The action is picking up, and it's a nice change of pace. We also get to see the premise of the harem forming.

The wriring style is still bothering me sometimes. It's the 3rd book in a row that I read in this series, and the author is just copy/pasting whole paragraphs from one book to another. It's even more striking because, like I said, I'm reading the series in one go...

And also, we still got
Angela James
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it!

Intense...that's the word that sums up this book best for me. I keep saying it as I read this series but I have been legit consumed and have not been able to put them down! I have been on a roller coaster of emotion and have become obsessed with this series. Read the books!
Celeste
Maybe my rating is too harsh for this book because we finally get some RH vibes but Lexie just gets really, really fucking dumb. I'm still mad about this book even after finishing the next two that get waaayyyy better. Fuck you tstl Lexie! May you never return.

Also, ok, Miles and Zeke are mine!!!

• Brothers of the Flame (Ariel Kimber #1)
  • Free Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #2)
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Love Potion (Ariel Kimber, #2)
  • The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1)
  • Phoenix (The Stardust Series, #1)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)
  • Draco (The Stardust Series, #2)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Pyxis (The Stardust Series, #3)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • Charcoal Tears (Seraph Black, #1)
  • Lead Heart (Seraph Black, #3)
B.L.Brunnemer has been a devoted reader since she was young. As a child, she was instantly attracted to horror stories. The plot, the suspense, the action. She loved it all. Which, as she grew, branched out into several other genres. But a strong female character always caught her eye. Through the years romance became a big part of her reading. Then she found the Young Adult/New Adult genre. But ...more

The Veil Diaries (7 books)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • Whispers from the Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)
  • When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)
  • Secrets From the Grave (The Veil Diaries, #6)
  • When The Dead Have It Easy (The Veil Diaries #7)
“I thought of the boys again. We were over at the twins’ house. Everyone was in the kitchen as Asher checked the enchiladas that Maria had left in the fridge for us. Asher and Isaac were picking on Ethan. Who came over to me, hugged me from behind, and rested his head on my shoulder. “Make them stop picking on me, Beautiful,” He begged pitifully. I reached behind me and ran my fingers through his hair. “Aw, you can dish it out but not take it?” I teased him. He growled in my ear before letting me go and smacking me on the butt, I turned and smacked his arm in return. Ethan backed off as he laughed. I flipped him off then turned back to the others, they had all gone still. “What?” I asked. Everyone unfroze and went back to the conversation. It wasn't until later when I realized that was the first time one of them had smacked my butt. I made a rule that night that if they smack mine, theirs’ becomes fair game. So far only the twins were willing to risk it.” 1 likes
“Nickelback’s “Savin’ Me” 0 likes