Start by marking “Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)” as Want to Read:
Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)

Ernie Gets Lost (A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Ernie follows Maria's advice when he becomes lost in a large department store.
Published February 1st 1985 by Golden Press

To ask other readers questions about Ernie Gets Lost, please sign up.
Cara Byrne "When Ernie and Maria got back to Sesame Street, Bert was waiting for them. "Where were you guys?" he asked. "I was beginning to think you were lost!"…more"When Ernie and Maria got back to Sesame Street, Bert was waiting for them. "Where were you guys?" he asked. "I was beginning to think you were lost!" "We were shopping for a surprise for you," said Ernie. "Happy birthday, old buddy!"(less)

Kimberly Neff
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el-230
This book is about what happens when he goes shopping with one of his friends in the city. It is about his adventures and what he does when he becomes separated from his friend. This book could easily be used in an early childhood or early elementary classroom. I, personally, have read this book to my daughter when I needed to begin the talk about what she should do if she became separated from me or lost in a public area. This book is great because it is from perspective of Ernie, and children ...more
Cara Byrne
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
When my 2-year-old daughter pulled this 1985 classic from my childhood off the bookshelf, I wasn't sure how transferable the story or the message would be (especially for a little one not yet introduced to Sesame Street), but she loves the story, and I value the message about what to do when you are lost.
Joshua Gross
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
A book with good advice for children. I originally only gave this book two stars because I am not a child, it doesn't have any nostalgic value for me since I didn't have it as a kid, and because for the most part it wasn't as funny as the other one I read. However, considering how dearly loved it is by my dearest love and the fun part about how Ernie bought Bert a 'Pigeon Land' board game, I have decided to boost my rating to four stars. I hope that everyone who loved this book will forgive me f ...more
Emily Shazer
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I think this is an excellent book for all young children to read, especially children who enjoy Sesame Street. The book shows that getting seperated from a parent or guardian in a mall is totally possible, but everything will be okay in the end. This also teaches that it is always okay to ask for help. Ernie asked a sales associate to help him find Maria and she was able to find her for them. In the end, everything was okay and kids should know that they can always ask for help when in need.
Chance Lee
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book traumatized me as a child, because I thought getting lost was a fate worse than death. Once you were lost, that's it. You'll never find your home again.

I got over it eventually, and maybe it was with Ernie's help. I'm glad he found he way back to Maria and wasn't lost at the department store forever. If he was, then Bert wouldn't have received that badass Pigeon Land board game for his birthday. Man, I always wanted to play Pigeon Land so bad.
Clarina
Mar 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! Ernie was very cute. He's just like any other little kid who wanders off on their own in a shopping center. I used to wander off in the supermarket a lot too when I was small and then I'd have to shout all over for my mom. I'd really love to read it again, but my parents gave it away years ago.
Dolly
Apr 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a very good book that helps explain how easy it is for a child to get separated from his parent and lost in a department store as well as what to do when it happens. Presented in a non-scary way, with everybody's friend, Ernie.
Pritha Khalida
ini buku bahasa inggris pertama yang saya baca.
waktu itu sampai nekat ngabur dari mama di department store,saking penginnya bertualang menjadi anak hilang seperti ernie..
Michele Speckman
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to cry! I totally forgot about this book. Used to be so nervous for Ernie. I need to find this...
El Gosiengfiao-Santos
Benf
Jul 06, 2016
Grace Hampton
Aug 28, 2016

A Sesame Street Growing-Up Book (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • When Is My Birthday? (Sesame Street Growing Up)
  • Just Like Ernie (Sesame Street Growing Up Books)
  • That Makes Me Angry! (Sesame Street Growing-Up Books)
  • Big Bird Goes to the Doctor (Sesame Street: A Growing-Up Book)
  • See You Later Mashed Potater!
  • A Bird's Best Friend
  • Oh, I Am So Embarrassed! (A Growing Up Book)
  • Scared of the Dark