Start by marking “Finding Our Way: Practical Solutions for Creating a Supportive Home and Community for the Asperger Syndrome Family” as Want to Read:

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Targets the major challenges families face in creating a comfortable environment for every family member.
Published June 1st 2005 by Autism Asperger Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Finding Our Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Our Way

Jo * Smut-Dickted *
May 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is as practial as it sounds. She describes her own kid and it is very helpful to understand. Common simple language with stories you will relate to..and surprisingly new and clever solutions to everyday issues with a kid on the ASD spectrum. Highly recommended. This is on my keeper shelf.
Heather
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autism-adhd
“Finding Our Way” by Kristi Sakai in an excellent book for parents about raising an Asperger’s child. She offers experiences from her own life and her three (yes three!) Asperger kids with a great sense of humor. Mrs. Sakai answers a lot of questions that parents who have Asperger’s ask themselves about Why did this happened? and Am I a bad parent?. She covers all areas of the family life such as:

Chapter 1: Who Are You? Tools for Navigating the Inner World of the Asperger Parent

Chapter 2: Don’t
Vicki
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Humour, compassion, and such a huge number of helpful tips that you're sure to find some new ideas here, even if you're like me and have a bookshelf full of books about ASD. I also have a new appreciation for my kids' willingness to eat broccoli and lettuce!
Sheri
Aug 06, 2012
Amy
Aug 26, 2009
Dlsmith
Nov 01, 2012
Brandy Mehlhouse
rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2013