Start by marking “A Precious Love (Believe #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Precious Love (Believe #3.5)

A Precious Love

(Believe #3.5)

Trish Lawson never thought she’d meet a man willing to put up with her type of crazy, but Alex Darrow might end up surprising her.

Alex was never meant to become my lover. On top of being hot as sin, he is gentle, sweet, and honest – not the kind of fun I was looking for. But fate has other plans for us, entwining a thread around our souls and pulling us closer at every t
Published December 9th 2017 by Karen Ferry

To ask other readers questions about A Precious Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Precious Love

Na
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

"Love might not conquer all, but if you let it into your heart and embrace it, I believe that it has the power to heal you." - What an epic statement within the author's note, thank you Karen!

First of all let me tell you that I'm no big fan of novellas. For me they are always way too short and I think it takes great writing skills to pull off a novella. From time to time one catches my attention and I give it a chance.

A Precious Love didn't disappoint. It's perfectly plotted and the pa
Jacquie
Karen Ferry has become one of my TOP Fave authors and I have absolutely LOVED this series (Believe) This novella is probably my favourite of the series, even though it SHREDDED my heart to bits (or maybe BECAUSE it did!) At one particular point, I found myself sobbing....utterly devastated and heartbroken for both Trish and Alex. And then, I fell even MORE in love with Alex than I already had been!

This book, short as it is, is JAM-PACKED with emotion, feels and laugh-out-loud moments as well. It
Nance
I'm not a novella type of person, but I can never pass up on reading a Karen Ferry contemporary romance! Of course, though, I wanted more! This one will have you rooting for the hero, Alex. He owns his own tattoo shop, but desperately wants a relationship with Trish, a woman who doesn't do commitments. Alex is hard to pass up, however. He's romantic and pretty handsome on the eyes. With a body to die for, Trish finds it hard to say no to him. But, does Alex have his work cut-out for him or what? ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Do you know what I love most about this author? (Well, apart from her smorgasbord of hot male characters *winks*) It’s the fact that she isn’t afraid to tackle sensitive issues head on. RL isn’t all rainbows and glitter, and her books reflect this. Yet, she delivered Alex and Trish’s story with the respect and consideration it deserves.

I spent the first part of the novella going, ‘Well, I never!’ and ‘They kept that quiet!’ You just never know, do you? I wanted to sit Trish down and put a spotl
Karenj
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Karen Ferry has delivered a heart warming romance that is well written and leaves you waiting impatiently for her next story... not because this story needs finishing... oh no... simply because I cannot get enough of her words - she is definitely a one click author for me!!
This story follows two characters that we briefly met in A Time to Learn and finishes off the series nicely. Whilst it's a novella and can easily be read in a few hours it was missing nothing!!
Ferry gives us some o
Karen Ferry
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE & ONLY $0.99!

Amazon US --> http://amzn.to/2BVoEZR
Amazon UK --> http://amzn.to/2jPdP53
Becca
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Karen Ferry serves up plenty of heat, heartache, and hope with her new novella, A Precious Love. Having been teased with hints of their relationship in Time to Learn, I was eager to get my hands on Trish and Alex’s story. Karen Ferry definitely didn’t disappoint, delivering the kind of feels that make your heart stutter and soar. I appreciated the intense, immediate connection this couple seemed to share and adored the ease of their flirtatious banter. Trish was every bit the feisty, independent ...more
Lainey's Book Blog
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Love might not conquer all, but if you let it into your heart and embrace it, I believe that it has the power to heal you.”

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for this book and I have to say I completely fell in love with it. This booked is laced with emotions that will consistently tug on your heart strings. This was the first book I had read from Karen Ferry and I can definitely say it won’t be the last. Some books I read are light hearted and have no “real life” tendencies but this book was
Melissa Ryan
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So lets just start this by saying Karen you did it again. You delivered yet another novel that will tug at your heartstrings. Now this is a novella so it is shorter then the average novel in this series. However, that being said the story is so well written that even though it is a novella it a very well rounded, not rushed and complete story.

We originally meet Alex and Trish in Time To Learn, book 3 in the Believe series. You can tell when you read that one that there is more to their story th
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Sigh.. such a beautiful happy sigh. This novella has pulled every kind of emotion from me as I’ve travelled the life, love & loss that Trish & Alex shared & let me tell you, my heart literally burst out my chest come the end of the epilogue. APL is such a beautiful, heart wrenching yet hopeful story of love & I loved every page of it.

Alex & Trish are like oil & water, yet together they are smouldering, sensual & unbelievably sexy. I loved their banter, their push &
Lady Living  In Bookland
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I heard that Karen Ferry was releasing this I was beyond excited. Having fallen head over heels for both Trish and Alex in the series so far, I knew this book would be a hard, but well worth it read.

As Trish finally opens up about her concerns about trusting another man, of not losing out on love again, she doesn’t know what heartbreak lies ahead of her. But as we travel the course of grief with the characters, you get a real sense of the authors commitment to this story. It was just beaut
Reading Cafe
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Precious Love was my first read of this author and she definitely didn't disappoint. I give this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars. What really made me fall in love with this story is the way the author made Trish so strong, independent, kind, hard headed and a women who went for what she wanted. I love females heroines like her! Now Alex has me thinking I want a guy just like him. Someone who goes for what he wants, and fights to show his love and dedication. I absolutely loved the chemistry between these two ...more
Carrie Youngcourt
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so different than what I expected.
Trish meets Alex when she goes to his tattoo shop to get a tattoo. Trish hopes that Alex will ask her out and when he finally does she tells him that she doesn't want to date just have some fun but Alex vows to make her his. Things heat up quickly between the two of them but then are hit with a blow.

Can Alex convince Trish to stay with him that they belong together or will she walk out of his life for good?

I loved how Trish was so full of life and
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
While over coffee, I finished this sweet little novella by Karen Ferry. Not only did I fall in love with Trish and Alex, but also Karen’s writing. This was my first read by her and I adored it.

Separately, Trish and Alex both had challenges, and experienced hard situations in their pasts and present. However, it’s the most heartbreaking moments that open their eyes to what love really is, and how important it is to have someone special to help see each other through.

A Precious Love may have bee
C.J. Fallowfield
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick short read by Ferry, to wrap up her Believe series, and how great it was to read a story where the protagonists are in their mid to late thirties, confident in their place in the world, not to mention what they want from their lives, and not being scared to go out and get it. Ferry manages to pack in quite a lot in a short novella, some great sex scenes, nice romance, and some emotional parts that will pull on the heart strings. If anything she almost did herself a disservice, as I wante ...more
Suzanne
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh what a precious story this was. Karen Ferry gives us a raw and passionate story of love, loss, and emotional pain on so many levels. How much Trish has gone through ripples through her life and guides her on how she approaches relationships. Alex comes up on her blind side and a rush of raw emotions floods her and she fights it tooth and nail though her and Alex are made for each other.
It was very refreshing to see that the roles were reversed in this case as it was Alex who was pushing for a
Aaly
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
review-blog

** ARC kindly provided by the author for an honest review. **

Karen Ferry did it again, she made me fall in love with her characters. I’m a huge fan of the Believe Series, after Daniel, Garrett, Kristian, now it’s time for the broody, quiet and intense Alex Darrow to share his story… and I loved it!

From a one night stand to something more, there’s only one short step but a lot of patience and willingness. When you read about Alex and Trish, it definitely makes sense.

Alex, le freaking sigh… wh
Michelle
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know A precious Love is supposed to be the end of the series, but I seriously don't want it to be over!! I loved Alex and Trish,and didn't want their story to end. But then I've said that about all of Karen's books, because she's awesome!! Alex and Trish are both older, Alex knows exactly what he wants and is prepared to do whatever and wait for however long it takes to get it. Trish on the other hand thinks she knows what she wants, or doesn't want for that matter!! As usual, Karen has so man ...more
Jo Bowman
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Karen, love her style and characters. This was a quick read but still a really enjoyable one. On to the next..... :-)
Elmarie Pieterse
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Karen where do I even begin?? Oh babe you stole my heart with this book yet again!!!! Alex and Trish is such a cute and hot couple together!!!! Alex stole my heart good grief that man was just swoon worthy from the get go and Trish with her Sass and sparkling personality had me laugh a few times. This book was full of love and heartbreak!!! But love is a very powerful thing!!!!
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
Karen Ferry has always been one of those authors that I've been wanting to read for AGES. I was glad to have FINALLY popped my cherry with her books, and that it was A Precious Love.

I don't think I've read such an EMOTIONAL novella such as this one. I probably cried AT LEAST once every chapter. I loved that the characters ranged from 35-40 years old. It was nice getting a story with more mature characters with real-life problems. Did I mention the characters were Scottish!? The hero was a Scott
Ana
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Karen Ferry has a unique way of making me fall for chivalrous, alpha, sexy men. Alex is in no way a disappointment: caring, supportive, and with the right ink. Trish and Alex do really to go through a lot to realise love exists, love lasts. This novella is the perfect companion to The Believe series, at moments a bit rushed, or it is probably me wanting to have their story a bit lengthen to make the most of their plot and character development.
Karina
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lord, where to even begin. This novella was simply amazing. I laughed and cried my way through this beautiful story. I loved everything about it, everything! If you haven't read this already then you need to! Honestly, I don't think you will regret it.
Line
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Karen Ferry being an amazing spinner of words, I had looked forward to this book, greatly. However, in this particular endeavor, I feel she partially failed on account of the time fragmentation occurring between each chapter.

To clarify, it’s not with what the author presents I find error, as each chapter in their own respect is incredibly well written, but rather with what she doesn’t.

I absolutely adore Alex from first page.
I’m nonetheless left considering him a stranger, well knowing
Anna K
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
A Precious Love is a short story that is sweet, romantic, sexy and with a lot of heart. It's a fast-paced novella and has some fast forward scenes, but that's not unwanted. Karen Ferry still managed to develop the characters, their life and their story perfectly. The characters and their life are unique in their own way. The way they feel, act and progress things is beautiful and heartbreaking to read. Trish and Alex were just really easy to fall in love with.
Both are between 35-40 years old and
IrishdaisylovesRomance
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, new-books, sweet
I absolutely LOVE this series!! It is without a doubt one of my all time favourites and Karen Ferry did not disappoint with this new release. A Precious Love is a short story that is sweet, romantic, sexy and has a whole lot of heart. It's emotional at times and features one Sexy Alpha in the form of Alex who will melt the panties off you!! Trish who is a badass sassy siren knows just how to handle swoon worthy Alex. These are more mature characters and are well developed which makes for a hellu ...more
Dimaris rossy
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It ended too soon for me, I wanted more! Best thing is that from reading previous books in the series I expected Alex to be completely different and I'm so glad I was wrong. He is tough on the outside and gooey inside. Loved every time he grumbled how stubborn Trish was because at every page he persevered and even when he was patiently waiting he was also insisting. Trish and Alex go through a lot of difficult and sad experiences, it is a long and lonely healing process for them but turns out th ...more
Melanie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
We met Alex and Trish in Time to Learn and now we get their full story. Trish is reluctant to start a relationship with Alex but Alex is determined to make something out of their attraction.

This was an entertaining short read and the epilogue was great to read about.
Vicki
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A precious love 4 stars

A perfectly formed gem off a book.
This novella packs it all in, a strong alpha male with a melt in the middle core and a strong and feisty female with enough sass to hold her own. A story where love conquers all.
Bianca ღ
Nov 03, 2018
Anglophile and bookaholic Karen Ferry is a native of Denmark who loves Italian food, travelling, and spending time with her laidback husband and active children.

When she’s not busy working in the shipping industry, she dives into New Adult, Contemporary Romance, and Romantic Suspense – the same genres she loves to write.
She can never get enough of romance or collect too many book boyfriends, eit

Believe (3 books)
  • Make Me Believe (Believe, #1)
  • Fool For Love (Believe, #2)
  • Time To Learn (Believe #3)