Start by marking “Sun Up, Sun Down” as Want to Read:
Sun Up, Sun Down

Sun Up, Sun Down

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Simple language and bold illustrations make this a fun and informative book about the sun. “Add this one to primary-grade science shelves.”--Booklist
Published October 14th 1983 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Sun Up, Sun Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun Up, Sun Down

Ebele
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ciara Lacey
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
i like how it says the sun 93 million miles away
Kendra
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very informational book about the sun that is great for middle-aged classroom, 3-5. Sun up, Sun down is very detailed with illustrations that go right along with the author’s thoughts about how the sun helps the Earth. This book would be included in a science or agriculture lesson if the teacher is talking about the solar system or how plants grow in agriculture. Some of the vocabulary in this book may be a little advanced for young readers hence the level that I chose, 3-5. I rat ...more
Erin
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great instructional book for teaching about the sun. It is both informational and engaging. In this book a little girl is acting out daily routines through different times of the day, weather conditions and seasons all while telling the reader about the sun and what it is doing. It has great pictures and is easy for kids to relate to.

I am planning a science unit about the sky for my Kindergarten class and this is one of the books that I will be using to teach about the sun and the rol
Brittany
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We read this as a part of our homeschool preschool space unit. This is a great introduction for kids and includes facts about the sun, shadows, earth's rotation, the water cycle, and how rainbows are made. It's scientific facts presented in a way to be very accessible to little ones. My four year old loved it.
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this informative book as an introductory lesson to directions for my first graders. They were able to express the difference between the North, South, East, and West after this read aloud.
Hope L. Justice
This book is incredibly informative, but is also incredibly dry. There is no creativity here whatsoever. Still useful.
Deborah Harris
Dec 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: ar-3, a24
AR Quiz No. 18895 EN Nonfiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Jessica Cantwell
rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
Kim
Jul 11, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
From gailgibbons.com: I was born in Oak Park, Illinois, in 1944. Even as a little child, I was always busy putting books together. Sometimes I would bind them with yarn to hold the pages together. I've always loved drawing and painting. I was also a very curious child. My parents tell me that I was always asking lots and lots of questions.

Later, I went on to the University of Illinois, where I stu
More about Gail Gibbons...