Start by marking “The Thing About Forgiveness” as Want to Read:
The Thing About Forgiveness

The Thing About Forgiveness

How many mistakes can a person make until they are unforgivable?

It only takes one for Cole Campbell. After a wrong decision costs him his wife and child, he knows he's beyond redemption.

How many times do you need to get burned before you stop playing with fire?

Published December 6th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Thing About Forgiveness, please sign up.
Jenni Lynn Thank you for the question! And for leaving a review. This story is not based on any real life story, although Jase (the little boy) is based on both …moreThank you for the question! And for leaving a review. This story is not based on any real life story, although Jase (the little boy) is based on both of my sons personalities.
(less)

Start your review of The Thing About Forgiveness
Hamad
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Disclaimer: This was actually a beta read, all opinions are mine.

As a medicine student, I could relate to this book in many ways. So I recommend it to any readers in the field...

The characters were relateable too, and then there is this Jase kid who is the most adorable piece of marshmallow ever, he was definitely a good addition to the story.

This was rather a quick read, I like the story, the message behind was clear, and I know in a good day I would give this 4 stars.

Coco.V
Jun 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/12/2018)!💝

Blurb:
How many mistakes can a person make until they are unforgivable?

How many times do you need to get burned before you stop playing with fire?

Bennett Holloway's past is nothing but pain and betrayal at the hands of those she once held most dear. Leaving them behind seems like her only way forward.

Can two people who've sworn off love find
Athena Morgan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Thing About Forgiveness is a must read. The author draws you in from page one. I read it in one sitting. This book is impossible to put down.

I'm not going to give any spoilers away, but I will say this; the way the characters are woven together and what they go through is heart wrenching. I wanted to jump into this book and shake a few characters and ask them, what are you thinking?

The author takes you through a series of emotions, I cried and even got angry a few times.

The Thing About Fo
Lucii Dixon
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 massives stars for this incredible book! I'm so in awe of this author who has put so much emotion behind each word written. This story is one that will touch so many readers hearts.

I LOVED Bennett, I mean, she's the perfect heroine... literally, there's no flaw to her at all. Okay, maybe she can be a little hot headed. For example; the rushed trip to Florida for her work. And, all right, I did want to smack some sense into her but at the same time, she has the spirit in helping people in he
Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is certainly packed full of emotion, its pours off every page. Jenni Lynn certainly put everything into this book. I was blown away.

Bennet is a strong female who has experienced a great deal in her life. She moves to a different town to make a fresh start and to heal herself.

Cole is a man wracked with guilt and grief from his past and his trying to rebuild his life for the better and to take care of his son Jase .
Jase is an amazing character. He has so much strength for a little
Laila Viking
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book asks the right question: How many times can you forgive someone?
Absolutely worth the read. An amazing well written story that caught me from the first to last page.
Full of expanse and hotness.

I love the journey towards their HEA. There is family issues, passion, emotions, hot scenes, twists and lots of chemistry in this amazing story. It is written in dual POV which gives the reader much more of the thoughts and feelings of the main characters. Great contemporaty romance with a twist a
Gail
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a great book.. very fast paced and easy to read.
Bennett was a strong willed woman but with a past she was trying to get away from. Cole was a amazing man who made a mistake and is now paying for it for the rest of his life, and then there is Jace.. what a absolutely adorable little man with a heart of gold.. he cracked me up in this book.
I don’t want to say to much because I don’t want to give away the book but I loved these characters together. This book has the perfect mix of h
Kerry Richardson
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story with strong characters. It was emotional in places but not too angsty. Both main characters had made mistakes in the past, although very different ones and it was all about how you move on from those and forgiveness from yourself and those you've hurt. I'd recommend this book and would read this author again.
Kelle Elliott
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Readers review

I chose a five star rating because this was a heartfelt and well written story. I could really feel the emotions and see in my mind the little boy and how he was.
JP Harris
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book! Once I started this book I couldn’t put it down! The author drew me in on the first couple pages! I absolutely loved the storyline and how she brought all the characters in and wove them together!! Grab this book you won’t be disappointed!!!!!
Mona williams
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book started out really confusing me. to many people and stories going on. until it was all connected in a way. he loses everything he loves to a bad mistake he made. she leaves because of a bad relationship. now fate has brought them together. for how long you must read to find out.
Krista
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story! I laughed, cried, and yelled. What an emotional roller coaster!! Cole and Bennett are very real characters, and Jase just stole the show! Great story and very well written!
Donna N.
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. easy to follow. It had me laughing out loud at times and sobbing for the characters at times. I felt a connection with the main characters immediately and fell in love right along with them. the tragedies inside this book will break your heart but love will stitch it back together. Looking forward to more.
Susan Swiderski
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know how easy it is to sit down and eat a whole bag of so-called "family-sized" potato chips in one sitting? You don't? Um, never mind... neither do I. (ahem) But this book is kinda like that. I don't know how long it takes others to read it, but I read it in one swell foop... AKA a single sitting.

It's an easy-reading story, and the characters are well-developed. I defy anyone not to fall in love with the little boy Jase, because he's just too adorable for words, and most of the adults are
Pamela
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars is not enough to award this excellent, heartwarming story of people and their emotional frailties. Being human means constantly making mistakes. It helps if we learn from our mistakes and adjust our actions accordingly. However, the hurt and damage we cause to our relationships because of our missteps can be severe and permanent. This incredibly insightful story leads the readers through Bennett and Cole's past regrets and the resulting horrific repercussions. The author has imbuded h ...more
Bonnie Wheat
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love is not all it takes.

Some days are good. Some days are bad. Nothing is perfect. But with faith and some introspective love, less selfishness your life can be the best it can be together. Everyone counts...make that given. Always forgive got yourself..voice it. Talk to each other. Share your thoughts...we all matter. Thank you for sharing this book and author.

Lesley
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story about characters you can relate to and root for. I stayed up late and read this pretty much in one sitting. It has romance, suspense, humor, sadness, and my favorite, a little boy that is such a charmer! Great book to grab and sit on your deck, by the ocean, or under your favorite blanket and devour!
Sherry
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story!

Such a sweet love story about finding love after heart break. Bennett and Cole shared tragic events in their past that paved the way for them to meet. Getting over feelings of doubt and worthlessness helped Bennett find her happiness in Cole and Jase. Finding Bennett helped Cole work through his feelings of inadequacy. Great story!
Pam Camp
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story well written during expect the explicit intimate details. But very interesting and good read

. Touched personal emotional connection several times. But also loved the ending of this book it was well written glad I read it.
Lois Buck
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Jase

Good story. Lots of struggles, but lots of good times, too. I loved Jase. He was definitely my favorite character.
Catherine Geist
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

This was a great book. The story was great& was well written.NOt had love,joy,sadness and suspence.It kept your interest until the very end.
Sandie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
great book lots of tears and heartbreak as well as joy in a new love
Melissa Bragg
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This was an amazing book. I couldn't put it down. It has everything in a book that I enjoy. I can't wait to read more.
Lorna Corcoran
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The only part that I didn't really enjoy and didn't think were necessary were the long drawn out detailed love making/sex scenes. Other than that it was amazing .
Allison Thibodaux
This book was a quick easy read. The plot was very moving and enjoyable. I had a problem with jumping between characters POV within the same scene. But still a great love story.
joline gish
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love

I am in love with this book! I am in love with the characters! This was such a heartbreaking, yet heartwarming story!
MarieStrong
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I really enjoyed this book. It seemed to be so much so true to life. I will definitely recommend this book to family and friends.
Jenni Lynn
May 05, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks to everyone who has read and reviewed!!
Dianne James
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book takes you on a deeply emotional journey. Cole's self recrimination and disbelief in his own self-worth along with Bennet's strength and need to help people drives the story. The extroverted Jase helps temper the distress with humour, which balances out the whole story and allows you to experience highs and lows.
The characters are likeable and realistic and the emotional journeys they take are sensitively told.
I loved this book right from the start. The only negative for me was that twi
Cassidy London
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! The author had managed to capture the essence of human emotions which draws you right in and steals your heart. You live through each joy and each pain right alongside the characters. Cheering for their success and eventual HEA. Just the right amount of intrigue, passion and heat. Looking forward to reading much more from Jenni Lynn!

• Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Fearless (The Story of Samantha Smith, #1)
  • Comfort Food
  • Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
  • Across Eternity (Parallel, #4)
  • Across Time (Parallel, #3)
  • Someone Like You
  • Her Nowhere
  • Leaving Lancaster (Legacy of Lancaster, #1)
  • God Plays Favorites
  • The Protector
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Saving Baby
  • Arousing Love
  • The Moonglow Cafe (Paige MacKenzie Mystery, #2)
  • Island Girls
  • Slip of the Tongue
  • The Trouble with Billionaires (Southern Billionaires, #1)