Start by marking “I Met A Moose in Maine One Day” as Want to Read:
I Met A Moose in Maine One Day

I Met A Moose in Maine One Day

A boy and a moose become fast friends in this rhyming charmer from the creators of "The Boston Balloonies," "The Cods of Cape Cod," and "Champ and Me By the Maple Tree." Together, boy and beast play hide-and-seek (not the best game for a moose), walk to the general store, then take a tour of Maine. They fly about in a seaplane, they run the Penobscot River on a raft made o ...more
Published June 16th 2008 by Commonwealth Editions (first published June 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Met A Moose in Maine One Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Met A Moose in Maine One Day

Start your review of I Met A Moose in Maine One Day
Cyndi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
When Mr. H enrolled in the Summer Reading Program at the library he got to choose a free book. Yay! Free books!
Anyway, this is the book we chose. Its by a Maine author and about Maine, so we love to shout out the names of our towns when the moose and his friend visit them. This is an adorable book with amazing art. Kids will love it!! Mr. H sure does. 😊📖
Calista
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
My nephew asked for this one tonight. The moose does some silly and funny this. He was giggling at this one. Short and cute. Nice art.
Gina Briganti
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this delightful rhyming story in a Bar Harbor gift shop. The illustrations are good, but it's the story that makes it so much fun. Highly recommended. We loved reading it aloud.
Alecia
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a must read with children before and/or during a trip to Maine (so I'm keeping it in mind to check out from the library again when we go there someday)

We loved the illustrations and rhymes. A very fun, cute story.
Alex
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
On a trip to Maine several years ago, we bought this book in Boothbay Harbor. After spending years on the shelf, I finally cracked this book open. The story is full of exciting adventures of a boy and moose who meet and become instant friends. The story is full of fast rhyming and hilarious encounters. I enjoyed how the book incorporated many Maine towns in the adventure. Dave O'Neill's illustrations are vibrant and exciting.
Although it is not one of my favorites, the book is a souvenir fr
Terry
This is a fun story no matter where you live. This appears to be written for a market in Maine tourist shops, and would be an excellent purchase to take home to the grand kids, nieces or nephews. Don't miss the rest of our review.
Carol Royce Owen
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I actually picked this book up in a candy store in Maine that is famous for a 1700 pound chocolate moose. A young boy is befriended by a moose and experiences all kinds of fun with him, not only in his home, but also in the town and other towns of Maine. A fun rhyming book that will certainly have kids laughing.
carrietracy
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
With a fast paced rhyme and a multitude of Maine references, how can you go wrong? There's something joyful about racing through the story of the boy and the moose and their wild day out. A definite recommend for New Englanders and any fans of moose.

It is honestly just fun to say moose a lot. Try it.
Robert
Dec 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Robert by: Aunt Kitty
Aunt Kitty purchased this for Beetle. It is autographed by the author. This is somewhat reminiscent of Bob and Jack. It's a fun tale of the day a boy spent with a moose who just appears in his life. The boy decides to do all sorts of things a moose never gets to do as they jet-set around Maine.

Fun little book.
Irene
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-children
Its a Dr. Seuss-ish rhyming story about a boy who meets a moose. They go on an adventure in town. Its gives points of references of real towns in Maine, which you can appreciate if youve been to the state.

Super cute! Amazing illustrations!
Katie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poetry: Modern Fantasy
This book was written as poetry. Has great rhyme schemes and tells the story of a boy who meets and befriends a moose. They travel all over the state and meet different animals and visit different towns and cities in Maine.
Donald Armfield
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
My wife read this to me on our Honeymoon. We brought it for the kids, but I enjoyed my wife reading it to me as we drove back to our little room in Rangeley, Maine
Alice
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5 Stars It is the kids tourist bureau in one book. Cute story, cute pictures! I fun book as a reminder of my trip to MAINE! I OWN THIS BOOK!!
Lori
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Great rhyming and wonderful illustrations, with only a few noticeable errors. My K-2 kids will love it!
Ben
Apr 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Let the Children March
  • The Golden Hour
  • Enemy Pie (Reading Rainbow Book, Children’s Book about Kindness, Kids Books about Learning)
  • Thank You, Earth: A Love Letter to Our Planet
  • I'm Not Scared... I'm Prepared!: Because I Know All about Alice
  • Thanks for the Feedback, I Think
  • But It's Not My Fault!
  • Decibella and Her 6-Inch Voice
  • The Miniature World of Marvin & James (The Masterpiece Adventures, #1)
  • The Honeybee