Start by marking “Gather ‘Round the Sound: Holiday Stories from Beloved Authors and Great Performers Across the Globe” as Want to Read:

Gather 'Round the Sound: Holiday Stories from Beloved Authors and Great Performers Across the Globe

2017 has been a monumental year for Audible, having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, a milestone that would have never been possible without our wonderful and loyal listeners. One of our major commitments is bringing new and diverse audio experiences to our members, so
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 1 page
Published December 8th 2017 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about Gather ‘Round the Sound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gather ‘Round the Sound

Anniken Haga
I've learned to mistrust things that are for free, but Audible usually has some nice christmas gifts.
This one may have been the worst of them yet, but it wasn't all bad. I enjoyed "Zipcode 12345", although I wish it was longer and vi could actually get a snippet from the Adoption Box — I think I know what was in them, though.
I also liked the story from Dickens. I haven't read much by him before, but it's always fun to get a sneak peak into the different classic—authors, as I haven't read many o
Angie Dokos
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute and entertaining. I enjoyed listening to the letters to Santa in 12345.
Jessica
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~
This review will post on my site on December 12th
~~~~
Gather Round the Sound was free on Audible and there was a good reason for that: It really did not need to be made into a compilation of short stories/performances. This one was a big miss for me. The best short was Zip Code 12345: I really enjoyed it and wish it had been expanded. If this had been the whole ‘book’ that would have been fine with me!

Apparently I am not a Dickens
Kimberly
I downloaded this freebie from Audible and it was my first Christmas read of the season. It had everything: a little nonfiction, some fiction and some singing! I wasn't sure about the singing and the Dickens story wasn't particularly Christmassy. But all in all, it was entertaining. My favourite part was An Aussie Night Before Christmas. A nice gift from Audible!
❤Marie Gentilcore
This was okay. It features several short Christmas-themed stories including one by Charles Dickens.
Janice
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what I was expecting exactly but this wasn't it. I loved the Dickens reading and Zip Code 12345. The musical at the end was awful. What about beautiful Christmas music? A reading of the Gift of the Magi? This had such potential but really was just "not much." But again, it was free . . .
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
This is holiday-themed, and was a perfect listen while prepping and recovering from a holiday brunch.
Jen
I downloaded this freebie book on December 10, 2017, and I think I listened it on either December 12th or 13th, so I'm going to say I started it very late on the 12th and finished it in the wee hours of the morning on the 13th for recording purposes.

Even though I don't remember exactly when I listened to this book in December 2017, I do remember that I was VERY confused by it. The first story especially . . . It seemed like an ad! I was sooo confused; it didn't come across like a story at all fo
Melissa
Meh. This was a free audible book offered during Christmas 2017. For a free book ... well, it lived up to that price at least. It was a little over an hour long. It wasn't much of a Christmasy sort of listen. There were a few interesting bits. There were a few weird bits. There were a few boring bits. I'm sure I will never listen to it again. I'm being pretty generous in giving this one two stars, but it's Christmas, so there.
Andrea
This is a short freebie of Xmas theme randomnalia - a documentary about letters to Santa, the Aussie version of Santa, a Dickens horror story, and some improv carols.

I kinda liked the horror story, but the rest was pretty meh.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
If you want a super quick listen, this is it. If you want something with enjoyable content geared towards the holidays, skip this one.
Liz Shaw
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story about the GE workers answering letters to Santa was fascinating. I also enjoyed the Coelho story. The Dickens story didn't seem very related to the holidays to me, but it was a good story.
Colleen Houck
Cute little audible bonus. I liked the feature on the company at zip code 12345 who help out with Santa's mail.
Cassandra Page
This was a free Audible download to celebrate Christmas. It was a bit of a grab bag, with a podcast vibe. I liked all of it but the musical at the end - maybe improv is too chaotic for me?
Elyse
I only really liked the first story. The rest were just alright. Glad it was short and it was free.

Read for Seasons of Reading's Christmas in July (7/28-7/31).
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Thank GOD this was free! The first story, Zip Code 12345, was fascinating - perfect podcast material. The rest was superfluous - the musical was actually detrimental to the quality of the rest of the audiobook. HORRIBLE.

Listen to the first story and don't bother with the rest.
Susan Crowe
This was Audible's free gift for Christmas this year. It was ok. The first story was the best. Zipcode 12345. I had tears the entire time I listened. I loved Santa as a child. Well, I still do. Worth a listen. Pick it up if you're an Audible member.
Megan (ReadingRover)
Freebie from Audible. Only one story, Zip Code 12345, was really entertaining for me. It was fun and interesting. I wouldn’t have minded hearing more about the people’s lives who were involved in that one. The rest were pretty bland.
Shiloah
That was painful. 😖 I’m so glad I didn’t pay for it. The Dickens story is the only reason I gave it a star at all, though I wasn’t impressed with the narrator.
Mike Williams
2.5, the story about the GE Office workers reading children's letters was nice but the rest kinda sucked, especially the last thing, whatever it was.
Kate
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audible's free Christmas short stories.
The first one made me tear up, the others were a good mix of cute and spooky.
Jenifer
There were some good stories in here and some really strange ones. Glad it was a freebie from audible. Quick listen too.
Milkana Lazarova
A really refreshing and happy Christmas compilation. It bought such a wide smile on my face that the people in the tube look at me funny. The book touches tha heart and is really divers which makes it exceptionally interesting. Well done job to everyone participating in it.
Lesley
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, holiday
I really liked the first story about the letters to the 12345 zip code the best, but it was an enjoyable listen for this time of year! Thank you Audio books for providing this as a gift!
Andy
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Free Xmas gift from Audible. Uneven. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Rmsooon
Dec 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i didnt like the stories they didnt make sense
Nicole
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice variety of holiday stories and songs. I didn't think I'd really enjoy it but it was surprisingly well done.
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
It was an amazing gift from audible, the last story was super fun and crazy. The one from GE made me cry a little for some reason and the one from Charles Dickens was amazing, what's xmas without ghosts?

pretty cool to hear in this holidays.
Belles
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I appreciate that Audible offered this free holiday audio to its users, but it wasn't that interesting.
Jukka Kuva
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Not as entertaining as last year's freebie. But it was a freebie, so can't really complain.

• Jingle Bell Pop
  • Winter Warmers
  • The Secret Life of Words: English Words and Their Origins
  • Lucky Suit
  • Your Best Brain: The Science of Brain Improvement
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More
  • Mariah the Christmas Moose
  • Army of One (Star Force, #4.5)
  • On Power
  • Speaking in Tongues
  • Dulce et Decorum Est
  • Espionage and Covert Operations: A Global History
  • Earth and Sun, Cedar and Sage (Gideon and Jedediah, #2)
  • Silver and Gold
The Brazilian author PAULO COELHO was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist. In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book The Pilgrimage. In the following year, COELHO published The Alchemist. Slow in ...more