Start by marking “The Best Travel Writing 2005: True Stories from Around the World” as Want to Read:
The Best Travel Writing 2005: True Stories from Around the World

The Best Travel Writing 2005: True Stories from Around the World

This title is the second in our series of annual collections of the best travel writing. Many of these stories are original while some have appeared in other Travelers’ Tales titles or elsewhere. But the common thread connecting them is fresh, lively storytelling and compelling narrative to make the reader laugh, weep, wish he were there, or be glad he wasn’t.
The 30
Published February 17th 2005 by Travelers' Tales (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Travel Writing 2005, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Travel Writing 2005

Start your review of The Best Travel Writing 2005: True Stories from Around the World
Stephanie  H
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book on the shelf of a local library, just at random, and though I still can't say just why, I picked it up and leafed through it. I've never given travel writing much of a chance. I always told myself that I was probably never going to have the opportunity to travel much, so why read travel books? It's like reading a cook book full of recipes you're never going to make, right? It's lusting over the unattainable, right?

Not right. The unlikelihood of my seeing the world first hand is
Trina
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed a couple of travel stories in this anthology. The one that stands out the most is about a man’s return to the placid Aegean where, ho hum, the Odyssey is set—and finally gives it some respect when a sudden storm whips up the waves and almost strands him in the very cave Odysseus may have visited.
Sandy Reenders
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of these were excellent, some decidedly blah. Did not finish the entire book since it was due at the library
Stacey
Brian Jennett
Aug 06, 2017
Azza Cheng
Nov 03, 2018
James O'Reilly has been a traveler since infancy, and a storyteller almost as long. Born in Oxford, England, in 1953, he savors the early memory of walking as a five-year-old boy across the tarmac at Shannon Airport in Ireland and gazing up at the huge triple tails of the now-defunct Constellation aircraft. The smell of fuel and Irish fog and the amazing sight above him must have made a deep ...more