Start by marking “Murder, Money & Marzipan (Lexy Baker #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder, Money & Marzipan (Lexy Baker #3)

Murder, Money & Marzipan

(Lexy Baker #3)

Listening Length: 3 hours, 24 minutes

When Lexy Baker makes it to the finale of America’s most prestigious bakery contest, Bakery Battles, she thinks her biggest dream has finally come true…

Until she stumbles across the frozen body of judge Amanda Scott-Saunders.

What starts out as a bad day for Lexy gets even worse when the police discover the judge was strangled with Lexy’
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published December 8th 2017 by Leighann Dobbs (first published February 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Murder, Money & Marzipan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder, Money & Marzipan

Start your review of Murder, Money & Marzipan (Lexy Baker #3)
Melissa
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Readers
I've read the first two installments of the Lexi Baker series, both previous books were cute and fun. "Murder, Money, & Marzipan" was equally as cute, fun, and light as the previous two books. You won't be screaming from the rooftops that this was your favorite book and a must read for everyone you know, but it is still a nice little read. The story is quite far fetched, predictable, and a little corny, but that's what makes it fun and light to read. I love Lexi and Nan's wild and silly ...more
Linda
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately for Lexy Baker, even when she's not at home, she can still manage to stumble over a dead body! In Murder, Money, and Marzipan, Lexy, Cassie, and Nans are in Las Vegas where Lexy is competing for a big check in the Bakery Battles. This is great exposure for her bakery, The Cup and Cake. Lexy is tied for first place in the competition when she finds judge, Amanda Scott-Saunders, dead in the freezer! Amanda had recently called Lexy's marzipan, "atrocious", which makes her a person of ...more
Gen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lexy has got to stop sticking her nose in the murder business. Once again away from home she "accidentally" found a dead body. Although she did not commit the murder herself she decided to play detective and almost got herself killed in the process. The murder was solved with her Gran gang of Lady Detectives. I'm glad that the author added those octagerian who are smart, intelligent, full of pizzazz, and not afraid to use an Ipad to do research to help solve crimes.
M.T. Bostick
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second story I've read by Leighann. Her stories are a joy to read as cozy mysteries. Compared to other's I've read, Leighann outshines them all. She can really put suspense in her stories that keep a reader turning the pages wanting to know what happens next. Most cozy mysteries don't pull me into the story and I wind up reading them as a duty to the writer to write a review. Leighann makes reading a joy.
Kathy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Lexy and her assistant are in Los Vegas, vying for the title of World Class Baker and a $100,000 prize. Things do not go well when all of the sudden a judge who has been less than kind to Lexy turns up dead, strangled by the apron ties of an apron with Lexy's name on it. Of course Lexy and her Gran, who is also with them, try to solve the murder before the cookoff ends.
Patricia Blevins
This was another joyful and up lifting story of how Lexy gets into trouble when she finds a judge of the baking contest she is in murdered. So Lexy is at the top of the list again.will Lexy be able to solve this murder with the help of the Grandmother and her friends before the contest ends?
🌟Head in the Stars🌟
While I thought some of Lexy’s thoughts and actions were ridiculous I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I finished it very quickly. The writing was about average but the story was very engaging. The Lexy Baker series is a short, easy read to get into.
Joan
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am always ready for a cute funny cozy mystery and this one filled the bill!
Thelma Jean Haynes
Not too bad

The bakers contest murder was different but just OK. It is a fast read and a few twists that kept my interest.
Cathy  Inboden
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good series. You will want to read it and love it like me.
Mary Yarwood
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun one

The Lexi Baker books are great little escapes, and the Ladies Detective Club are adorable characters........only one star down because too little Jack in this one
Gillian Davies
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

A enjoyable read that is a bit of fun and keep you trying to work it out . A enjoyable series .
Debbie
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice light reading as I’ve come to expect from this author. Time to start book 4 in the series.
Jan
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Amusing short story
Rose Ciccone
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This mystery series is light, fun and are fast reads. Enjoy Ms Dobbs books and have next one on my Kindle ready to read.
Jeannette
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is fun when you are also reading more serious type books.
Carol
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun quick read.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Unlimited, Leighann Dobbs writes under Leighann Dobbs, Annie Dobbs and (soon) L.A. Dobbs but her real name {not sure if she writes under that one} is Lee Dobbins, Hazel Martin Mysteries only one I found for this type with her, she has not made sure that terms used match the British terms as well as in other areas for that period of architecture and assorted styles.

The Notch Cozy Mystery Series {5 out as of this writing} and the Blackbore Sisters Cozy Mysteries are not on Kindle Unlimited
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Another fast, fun read. The girls are back at it with their unique detecting skills. I liked this one . Would recommend.
Elisa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Lexie Baker mystery
Natasha House
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lexy is heading to the Baker Battles and of course runs into another murder! One of the judges ends up dead with her apron string!

What I liked: This book is just fun, light-hearted, and held my interest the entire time. I love the cute mystery each one of these books hold, and this book was no different. I like how Lexy stumbles into these murders. I love the characters, especially Nans and Lexy! If you need a good book to cuddle up with, the Lexy books are perfect for that!

What I didn’t like:
Lauren
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As usual it's a quick and light read. As usual as well I wanted to strangle Lexy the entire time I read the book. More so than the previous two books. She complains non-stop about the cops saying she's meddling which is exactly what she's doing so her being upset that they're calling her out on it is just making her meddling more pointless. I can't count how many times she should have been arrested for impeding an investigation. I'm hoping one book has her arrested honestly. And don't even get ...more
Vicky
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading about the character Lexy and the other characters. I'm glad the other characters are also in all the books. The book is interesting and easy reading. Lexy is a baker and not only do you learn about a baker's job but each book includes some of here recipes. Lexy always gets involved in a murder and this time almost gets killed herself. I like that her partner is now engaged to Lexy's boyfriends partner-cop. Lexy herself gets engaged in this book. I also like her little dog, ...more
LLona Cunningham
It was a cute, quick, afternoon read while I had a roast in the crock pot and a few hours of downtime to myself. Because I 'read' via Kindle's text-to-speech, I wasn't aware of typo's or formatting issues pointed out by others, so I can only comment on the story -- Lexy comes to Las Vegas for a baking competition that felt more contrived than real, and a little too 'quaint' for this city. Might have been better if it took place in a small home-town atmosphere. It's good for light reading, which ...more
Noriko
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I was a bit disappointed by the previous book of the series, I was wondering whether to continue reading this series or not (as a matter of fact).
Contrary to my (a teeny bit) low expectation, this one turned out to be fun to read; the plot was much better than the previous one and I must admit that I've come to like the characters - Lexy Baker and her grandmother, Nans and the members of The Ladies Detective Club - they are all so cute and likable :)
Last but not least - the lovely
Donna K
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess you could say I have been on a Lexy Baker binge this week. Hopefully I can but more soon. This is the 4th Leighann Dobbs book I have read this week. I enjoy them. The have fun and mystery in each book. They are easy reading. I love Lexi, Cassie, and Nans. All the characters are good. This one I liked that the plot was in a different city and the baking contest. She was able to bring in New thoughts, characters, and locations this way. Overall this was a very good book.
B
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Debbie
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexie is in Las Vegas competing in a baking competition with her best friend and grandmother. During the competition one of the judges is murdered and Lexie once again is the one to find the body. Lexie is the number one suspect when the weapon use is her apron. So while trying to win the grand prize she is once again looking to find the murderer so she can clear her name. This is a cute easy read.
Heather
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this one up while sitting here waiting to see if it is really going to snow or not. :-) Other than a few typo's I noticed in this one I did like it. Maybe not quite as much as the other two since my favorite character (Sprinkles)wasn't in it, but I love cooking competitions which was the setting for this one, so all is good. I do hope the author will continue to write more of these.
Misterg
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dumped
I gave up.
The heroine's name should be known by the author - Lexi or Lexy? It's only four letters, for pity's sake. Then there is the broken keyboard used to type it - the apostrophe key seems to be missing.

The one with the deadly cupcakes was fine, but I couldn't stick with this one. If it was fixed I'd probably give it another go. Until then it can sit in the Kindle archive.

Sorry, Leighann.
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #141 - Murder, Money & Marzipan 1 3 Sep 02, 2014 05:53AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Murder, Money & Marzipan 1 4 Feb 16, 2013 06:02AM

• Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • Breezy Friends and Bodies (Raina Sun Mystery #3)
  • Lady Rample Spies a Clue (Lady Rample Mysteries Book 2)
  • Brownies and Bloodshed (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery, #19)
  • Butter Witch (Torrent Witches #1)
  • Plot Boiler (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #5)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (A Ginger Gold Mystery, #10)
  • Death By Suspenders (A Spencer University Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • A Batter of Life and Death (A Bakeshop Mystery, #2)
  • The Haunted Island (A Lin Coffin Mystery Book 9)
  • Christmas Cow Bells (A Buttermilk Creek Mystery #1)
  • Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #5)
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • A Jingle of Murder (Papa Pacelli's Pizzeria Series Book 39)
  • Mayhem and Murder (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #4)
  • Hook, Line, and Murder (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #6)
  • Phantoms in High Fidelity (Blackwood Bay Witches #3)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Lexy Baker (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Killer Cupcakes (Lexy Baker #1)
  • Dying for Danish (Lexy Baker #2)
  • 3 Bodies and a Biscotti (Lexy Baker #4)
  • Brownies, Bodies & Bad Guys (Lexy Baker #5)
  • Bake, Battle & Roll (Lexy Baker #6)
  • Wedded Blintz (Lexy Baker #7)
  • Scones, Skulls & Scams (Lexy Baker #8)
  • Ice Cream Murder (Lexy Baker #9)
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Brutal Brûlée (Lexy Baker #11)