Start by marking “Joyas del sol” as Want to Read:
Joyas del sol

Joyas del sol

(Gallaghers of Ardmore #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  57,371 ratings  ·  1,224 reviews
Despues de varias decepciones, Jude huye de America a Irlanda, la tierra de sus antepasados, para refugiarse en Faerie Hill Cottage, una cabana de su familia. Se sumerge en el estudio del folklore irlandes y descubre una esperanza para el futuro en la magia del pasado.
Published December 1st 2006 by Punto de Lectura (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Joyas del sol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joyas del sol

·  57,371 ratings  ·  1,224 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
This is my very first Nora Roberts book and I enjoyed it! I love the concept of it having Celtic folklore in it (and fairy princes). I also really liked the main character, Jude, she had such great character development throughout the novel! The way she thought was so much fun to read and I relate to her in many ways.
Aiden, the romantic interest, I liked him at first but was disappointed that he just wanted to lust over her at the beginning/middle of the novel. I thought he would be more intelle
Mai
Oct 02, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: library-books
Talk about rose tinted glasses! This woman can't weave a decent plot to save her life, she just keeps spewing out this tired old read-on-an-airplane-then-bin-it-while-feeling-slightly-dirty formula. This series really takes the biscuit, the cake and hogs all the crisps when it comes to ridiculous over romanticising of Ireland. Ardmore is a nice place to visit but the airy fairy "Oh, look at the leprechauns, Seamus" crap described in this book doesn't even come close. Why the hell do non-Irish au ...more
Jazzypom
Yeah, as a Brit, I'm going to say this: I am ambivalent when American writers write about Europe, especially the lands of their blessed ancestors. Nora Roberts is probably one of the reasons why, because her romanticism, blatant sentiment of Ireland gives me the heebie jeebies. The musical quality of the accents (check), the supposed magic that lies 'neath every knoll, the air charged with the hum of the good people, and everyone is either kissing a blarney stone or drinking the blessed Guiness. ...more
Marcie pollack
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this trilogy for the first a few years ago and fell in love with all the characters and their stories. Nora Roberts has a magical touch that draws the reader in and makes them feel involved with the lives of the characters in her stories. I waited to read these after they were all out and read them one right after the other. When I was done with the third book I was slightly saddened to know I would not be involved with the lives of Jude and Aiden, Brenna and Sean, and Darcy and Trevor. T ...more
TL
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
(Actually 334 pages, with preview of book two after)

Nora Roberts does it again! beautiful, almost musical language.. weaving everything into a picture you can't help fall in love with. I laughed, cried a bit, and raged with them.

I really felt at home with these people and this setting. I want to fly to Ireland now and sit in Gallagher's pub and have a pint.. .chat with everyone, watch the occasional fight ;-).

I'm gushing yes :-P But this novel was just so wonderful for me, exactly why I love he
Chitra *CJ*
“I’m lost in love with you. I think I was the moment I saw you, maybe somehow before I ever did. You’re it for me. There was never one before, there’ll never be another after.”

"Jewels of the Sun" is the story of Jude and Aiden.

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!! What a GREAT book. I need to laugh and cry and sing all at once. So full of emotions..

*Deep breath*

In this book, a lost heroine gives up everything she has ever known and escapes by travelling to Ireland, and find happiness, as her grandmother had
Randall Yelverton
Mar 09, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Should explain why I read this. While pursuing my Library Science degree, I took a reader's advisory class where we sampled books from across various genres. I was assigned this novel for the romance section. This novel was objectively horrible. The worst novel I have ever read from cover to cover. Main character is supposed to be empowered heroine but is actually a ninny. Use of metaphor akin to high school poetry. How Roberts has reached such heights of popularity is a wonder. Make mine Austen ...more
Cyndi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
For these books we are in an adorable wee town in Ireland. Three hundred years ago a fairy prince fell in love with a beautiful woman. Now three couples have to break the curse on them by finding their own true love.
 Abril Sol
And this is why I don't read adult romance.... This was just lame. The whole story made no sense, the characters, oh boy!, the characters.I can't believe how different Nora's writing style is when she writes under the J.D. Robb penname. I'm telling you, I don't like Nora, I'll just remain faithfull to J.D.'s novels.
Liza Wiemer
A wonderful romance by the brilliant Nora Roberts. Get swept away!
Juliana Philippa
(4.5 stars) Jewels of the Sun was an absolutely fantastic read. This is the first Nora Roberts book I've read, since I've always preferred historical romance over contemporary and have tended to avoid Nora Roberts and Danielle Steel like the plague. I'm so glad I decided to read this book - I had actually been in the library about to return it unread, when I started reading it and decided to give it a try.

A definite reread for me with absolutely wonderful main characters (give me an Irishman lik
Erin **Coffee, Book, Essential Oils Addict**
There is something about reading a Nora Roberts book, set in Ireland, that makes you want to run out and find a handsome Irishman to swoon over and sweep you off your feet.

As is usually the case, I have found myself falling in love with these characters that Nora has brought to life. The unique way she tells her character's stories makes me never want to stop reading.
Jacob Proffitt
I've started to pre-judge Nora Roberts novels by decade. So far, that's been a reasonable predictor of my enjoyment of her novels. This one was originally published in 1999—on the cusp of her “reliably good, occasionally outstanding” period. And it is, in fact, reliably good.

While I have a kind of reflexive fondness for a Celtic background, I haven't found that it automatically enhances my enjoyment of a story. So while the presence of Ireland as almost a supporting character of the novel was in
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
Re-read, still giving five nostalgia stars.

I just always like this couple. I read this one at least fifteen year ago and loved. I still really, really enjoyed it and can ignore a few points that weren‘t as convincingly done.
Jude isn‘t exactly my kind of character in the beginning, although I do love her „eat-pray-love“ character development. She is neurotic and stiff and has very little self esteem. It was great that not only Aidan was the cause for her change to a freier, braver Person, but als
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
I loved the mythology and folklore that was presented in this. The way Aidan and Jude's relationship had bearing on Carrick, the Faerie Prince and Lady Gwen's eternity was neat. It wasn't said whether or not they'd be together now or if it's dependent on the rest of the Gallagher family to find their true loves for them to have their happily ever after. I guess I'll have to read the rest of the series to find out :)
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Although I have grown tired of NR's trilogies and don't read them anymore. This is one of my favorites - from before they had a rinse and repeat tone to them. I probably gave this series a 4 star rating the first go round, and it's not quite there for me anymore, but...

Since one of my reading groups had this as a challenge, I opted to read it again. And I'm thinking this could still be my favorite trilogy of hers. Now onto books #2 and #3.
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have loved the books written by Nora Roberts and for me, she’s my ultimate romance author – in fact, she holds the largest number of books I have read by any author. Her stories are wonderful, filled with romance, love and engaging characters. Since the late 80’s I have journeyed in the worlds and characters she has created.

One of my all-time favorites is the Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy. Set in Ireland, with a blend of modern-time and fae fantasy, it’s a story filled with romance, love, fami
Jishi
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who would suspend reality for an hour
Shelves: romance, fantasy
Angela
4 January 2015: $1.99 on Kindle

This entire series, and indeed most NR books, are comfort reads for me. Nearly always I can open up a NR book and know exactly what I'm going to get. A good romance with great characters.

I don't think this is my favorite in the series - which is probably the second book (Tears of the Moon) - but it was still slightly surprising to me to not love it as much as my memory made me think I did. And I actually rolled my eyes at the overly saccharine ending.

But I still re
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
3,5 stars :)
Fast and enjoyable read. Simply two people falling in love in the beautiful Ireland, with all the scenery, folklore and other nice details. Nothing extraordinary, but I liked it :) There were also some hilarious moments that I enjoyed and laughed. Second book is supposed to be better, so I'm looking forward to reading it and find out which one of the Gallaghers is the MC.
Bithi
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the myth on which the story is based as much as the story itself. This is a truly magical story of love.
Delia
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5/5 ***

Cute and light hearted - a nice last summer read before delving into dark fall reads...
C.
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am romantic but not a romance reader. I am used to mystery or an exhilarating quest furnishing the axis to stories. Imagine: my enjoyment reached five stars! This authoress has published two-hundred-and-sixteen times. I doubted those could be any good but I love my first Nora Robert's book! Hurling despair into a story is its own cliché. "Jewels Of The Sun" shimmers by being a pleasurable journey, a refreshing change. Ireland was dreamlike, I myself cherish tending flowers, and the Irish swear ...more
Helmisade
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Of the several books by Nora Roberts that I have read, this is easily one of my favourites. It is of course Very Irish to the point of being ridiculous, but since I've never been to Ireland I choose to believe that there really are charming little villages like this somewhere (full of gorgeous, smart and kind young men with no mental problems at all).

I often find myself not liking Roberts's men, they are often too brooding and whiny for my taste. In this book I really liked both the main charact
Michelle
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a Nora Roberts fan, but I do love this trilogy. It really captures the mood of Ireland (at least as we in the states like to imagine it is), all cozy, with alternating rain and brilliant sunlight, ancient ruins, bright flowers, and lots of hot tea. The Gallagher pub in this story makes me sad that it is mythical and I can't visit it, populated as it is by interesting, friendly people that can go from laughing to shouting to fighting and back to dancing within minutes. What a lovely world ...more
LaFleurBleue
It took me some time to realy get into this book.
I'm not a huge fan of love at first sight. I also do not like so much paranormal events. And I can be wary of small towns stories where everyone stands for his neighbors and all live in harmony.
However I liked Aidan and his past wandering drive. Jude, despite her strong esteem problems and not fully realistic background (complete lack of friends), also managed to grow on me, as she learnt to trust herself and to make her own decisions and take co
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Nora Roberts' Gallaghers of Ardmore/Irish Trilogy. Jude Murray has come to Ardmore in Ireland to write a thesis on myths and legends and how they relate to psychology. While there she meets the handsome Aidan Gallagher, local pub owner and hottie.

This had a slightly dated feel to it and ran at a rather slow pace for me. It also didn't feel completely finished. Like there needed to be an epilogue or something. But it is a series so I guess the future books will address the issue
Khalisa ♥
DNF at 40%

What I was looking for with this book was a cute romance just to read something a little more light and happy for the start of the summer. What I got was annoyance and a dude lusting after the hot MC after ten minutes of meeting her... and then continuously JUST lusting after her halfway into the book, not liking her for their shared interests or the beginning of knowing who she is. NOPE. Let's just (view spoiler)
Amber
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I really liked this book, Irish folklore, faerie stories, all the fun things. I liked the romance part of the plot except at times in the beginning Aiden came on a little too strongly for my liking, and then the way he bumbled towards the end was almost laughable because it was honestly just SO BAD. And then so incredibly frustrating, but it was believable. My one complaint was with the faerie prince and Lady Gwen...like what happened there?!!? I need more resolution! Otherwise this was ...more

• Promises in Death (In Death, #28)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)
  • Amber Beach (Donovan, #1)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)

Gallaghers of Ardmore (3 books)
  • Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #3)
“Magic is. But its power is nothing beside love.
--Prince Carrick”
33 likes
“He was a wild one as a lad, and there's a look about him that says he could be again." Kathy sighed. "I've always had a soft spot for a wild heart in a man. Have you no sweetheart in the States then, Jude?"

"No." She thought briefly of William. Had she ever considered her husband her sweetheart? "No one special."

"If they're not special, what would the point be?”
16 likes