Start by marking “Hard Rock Miners” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Hard Rock Miners

Ronald C. Brown

Hard Rock Miners

When the colorful western prospectors had made their strikes and moved on, they left behind them another, lesser known breed of men, the hard-rock miners. For six decades these working stiffs followed mining opportunities into the boom towns of the intermountain West and gouged from the depths other men’s wealth. In mines ranging from glorified prospect holes to undergroun ...more
Published November 1st 1979 by Texas A & M University Press,U.S.

To ask other readers questions about Hard Rock Miners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Rock Miners

Joseph Dorris
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I chose this book for research. Overall, the material is good but still lacks in detail for some of what I was hoping to find. I am still seeking more specific "how it was done" information. If the reader is not completely familiar with some techniques there is some areas not treated and there are jumps in information. Maybe I'm looking for something that has never been written. Maybe no one is interested in the more mundane details of day-to-day life.
Ron Lansverk
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: research
Wonderfully researched and laid out. For my purposes, research for my next, or perhaps next next book, it was what I would have expected, wanted, and needed.
J.P.