Start by marking “Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)” as Want to Read:
Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)

Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  483 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
WHERE'S THERE'S BLOOD, THERE'S PASSION

Sexy vampire killer Candace Steele is back on the Las Vegas strip and determined to steer clear of Ash, the seductive vampire whose smoldering allure begs her to surrender to the dark side. But determination may not be enough when Candace's job at the glitzy Scheherazade casino drives her right into the center of Ash's deadly domain, f
Published November 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Luscious Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luscious Craving

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Even if I was in a paranormal romance mood big time when I read this, I still wasn’t in the mood to being crowded by sex scenes right off the bat. Luscious cravings lives up to its name with a sexual dream in the first chapter, and continuing sexual episodes of some kind almost every chapter thereafter. Still, I could skim and ignore it since there was an actual plot at the same time, plenty at stake, tense motions, and a hurried pace.

It opens with the heroine still reeling from a traumatic even
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it did not like it
Book #2 of 3
This was a silly book that had This Reader questioning the integrity of the author. It was unrealistic to write about a heroin that wore two hairpins that doubled as vampire killing weapons. Geeze! Those pins DO NOT stay in your hair for the activities described in this book. Also, I was so tired of the female heroin constantly downing the man she supposedly loved because he was a vampire. She kills vampires and loves a vampire, but doesn't want to love him because he's a vampire. (e
Jessica
Jan 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Aaaaaand nope! I didn't know it was possible but the writing in this book was even worse than the last. More she loves him but doesn't want to drivel. I was willing to suffer through that to hopefully find a plot. Then she has sex with a total stranger apparently without protection. While I am all for the right to give yourself to who you want without judgment.... Just because you can doesn't mean you should and especially without a condom. Dnf
Natalie Ram
May 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Why did I read these books? Why did a waste a whole weekend on them? I just don't know but maybe I can save someone else from making the same mistake. These books are awful and pointless!
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I really had to force myself to keep reading this at first. It was terrible. I already knew the writing wasn't great from the first book, but it was much harder to read this time around. There were a few instances of good imagery once again, but overall there was nothing to recommend the writing. I didn't find the plot particularly interesting either.

The worst part of this book was in the beginning when Candace walks into a diner to eat, meets a random man, has a brief and flirty conversation wi
Stacey
The first book in this series was pretty terrible. It took me a long time to come around to reading this next volume, "Luscious Craving". Since I bought the entire trilogy at once, I knew eventually I would read on. I'm kind of glad that I did. This book is considerably better then its predassessor. Candace Steele is a very unlikeable heroine. She doesn't have a great personality at all and in this book she was such a tramp! I'm no prude but Candace went to and from two men in this book in a way ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
his is the second book with Candace Steele vampire hunter - in the last book she fell in love with a vampire Ash Donahue. She contiues to deny her love for Ash in this store though she does call on him because she needs his help.

She still works for the Scheherazade casino posing as a cocktail waitress but she is actually there with security keeping vampires at bay. She meets Michael Pressman who is at the casino taking part in a poker game when she finds out there is to be a con on New Years Eve
Joanna
Jun 09, 2008 rated it liked it
This is the second in a series, and I didn't read the first one. But I think even if I had it wouldn't change my opinion of this one. There was just enough plot to string together the ass kicking and sex scenes. I didn't find myself caring about the female lead as much as I should have, though. She seemed kind of bull-headed and overly independant to me, a character trait I am really tired of reading about. Makes me want to slap her. However, it was kind of a fun book, had some decent sex scenes ...more
Francine "Tsukime"
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A really good book. Hot. Sexy. Intriguing. It leaves the reader extremely curious as to what will happen to Candace and Ash's love story.

The story managed to show that sometimes love has no happy endings and that love is the very obstacle that clouds a person's judgement of right and wrong.

Flames: 4
Barbara
Aug 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Warning!!!! If you like happy endings than this series is not for you. The books are great, but you'll want to throw all of them in the garbage after the last page in the last book. Just giving you a heads up (in advance)...your welcome!
Lisa
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: The Really Good Bookshop - Brownsplains
Book 2 was just as good as the 1st book. Candace is a strong determined women who knows what she doesn't want and that's Ash her Vampire lover. If only she knew what she does want. Lopking forward to the 3rd book Eternal Hunger. 4/5
Diane
Sep 30, 2010 rated it liked it
This one was okay, I think a little more interesting than the first.
The BookWhisperer
Shelves: scpl, vampires
read 03.26.07
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am so conflicted with this book, I admire her for kicking butt on vamps whol kill humans but, she loves Ash he is her heart, I want her to be with him and I don't want her to be with him!
S.T. Williams
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I have no problems with all the steamyness in these novels
Lesley
Feb 11, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
I was hoping that the second book would have been a lot more interesting than the first. It's not a bad read, but if the 3rd book doesn't pick up some more, I won't read anymore in this series.
Jeanette
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was ok

A disappointment. But on to book 3. Holding out hope for a good third book.
Sharon
Feb 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this is actually book 1 in the series
Shannan Morgan
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
good
Josephine B
May 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series-to-ditch
Pretty lousy...not planning to read any more of the series.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nolena
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire
Another delicious addition to the story of Candance. Can this girl be any cooler.
Momreadstoomuch
May 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
I stopped reading for a week after reading this book.
Tisha
Aug 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: want-more
not as great as the first, but I'd still read more. I like books that are set in Vegas even if they take artistic freedom with some things
BeeGee
Anita
Jan 25, 2010
Michelle
Aug 09, 2014
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
  • The Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire, #4)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Blood Deep (Blood, #3)
  • Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Scorched (The Dark Forgotten, #2)
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Big Sky Standoff
  • Midnight Lover (Forever Vampires #5)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Night Tides (Lady of the Lakes #1)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • Dead Air
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
Cameron Dean enjoyed a successful career as an actress in regional repertory theater before turning her hand to writing. She is also the author of Passionate Thirst and Luscious Craving. Cameron lives with her husband and assorted felines in Seattle.
More about Cameron Dean

Candace Steele Vampire Killer (3 books)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)