Start by marking “The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)” as Want to Read:
The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess)

The Little Mermaid

(Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

Ariel is tired of living under the sea–she wants to be human and walk on land. She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch, but something’s fishy! Can Flounder, Sebastian, and Scuttle help make the little mermaid’s dream come true? Find out in this full-color retelling of Disney’s classic film, The Little Mermaid.
Published June 24th 2003 by RH/Disney (first published 1992)

K.D. Absolutely
The Little Mermaid is one of the most famous fairy tales of Danish Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875). I am still to read the whole collection but I got a copy of this book as I try to buy a few children's books every payday for our outreach program for child literacy on May 25, 2013 to be held at the Museo Pambata. We will spend half a day to read three stories to children aged 4-8 from the financially-challenged families of Manila, we will also feed them and give them loot bags that contain s ...more
Catherine
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was interesting and its one of my favourites books because it about a mermaids and I love reading books about mermaids
Waverly Nyx
3.8*/5*
Debra
I like the Disney retelling of the classic fairy tales. They are kid friendly. They contain all the emotions of real life but manage to not be scary like some of the original fairy tales were. Ariel is unhappy living under the sea and wants to walk on land . She is fascinated by humans and then as fate would have it , she falls in love with one. There is plenty of evil in Ursela but there is soooo much love in everyone else.
A Wonderful Story.

I would have my students create an undersea world for
Sasha Rivera
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
me and my kids really enjoyed the colored pages of this wonderful book of the little mermaid. my daughter since i have purchased this book for her, hasn't stopped reading it and flipping though the pages on our kindle. a great read for family and children all around. with all the bright colors kids love it. the price isn't bad either. my daughter loves Ariel and Eric.
Fatma Mahmoud
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
so simple nice story .. the little mermaid ♤ ♡
Ariel Above the sea ..
Ariel falls asleep .
she dreams that she is with the prince .

one day Ariel's dream comes true ..she marries the prince :D ;)
Cecilia Raya
My childhood is crying in this moment... seriously.

This was one of my favorites Disneys' tales and I'm still loving it.
Shirley Revill
My kids and Grandkids loved this book. I loved them too. Pure nostalgia.
RLL22016_TeresaCamacho
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like myself
Krista Basilio
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ariel, a sixteen-year-old mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. With her best fish friend Flounder, Ariel collects human artifacts and goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle the seagull, who offers very inaccurate and comical knowledge of human culture. Ignoring the warnings of her father (King Triton) and court musician (Sebastian, the crab) that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden (the sea's primary contact with hu ...more
Nicole Woolwine
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5
1993
Modern fantasy
5th-6th grade
I of course chose this book because it’s about a Disney princess and she’s a mermaid!
This book is highly based off the movie and offers lots of words and great illustrations on each page! I reccomed this to upper elementary because of the long pages and remembering and understanding the concepts being addressed to tell the story!
This would be a fun read to read aloud to your class or to have the students browse the illustrations independently if they can’t
Emily
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite disney princess. Loved being able to go back and read it after so long
Mellanie C
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retelling of the movie.
Alaina Davidson
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the underwater theme. I loved the vibrant colors.
Shanee Burnett
Not good at all If I were you I would not read it
Lynda
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Charming tale that parallel the movie in a "Big Golden Book" format with the words and illustrations from the film too. A favorite of my preschooler.
Breon Randon
A beautiful rendition of the classic Disney tale. Much longer than I originally thought it would be- it really captures the whole movie. The art was simply fantasric for a children's book.
Keri Rohr
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I think that this is a great fairy tale for grades K-2 to read. It is an interesting tale and is enjoyable to read.
Sara
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
This book is SO much better than the movie, I highly recommend it.
Simran
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book ,loved it since childhood!
Gisselle
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it. The little Mermaid is mi favorite princess. I would never tired a reading it.
Heather Jo
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia barnett
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Little Mermaid is a Disney classic Fantasy in the form of a children's picture book.This book is intended for children 3-6 years.

I like this picture book because it gets children interested in reading by using one of the most popular Disney princesses that Disney had ever created. This book is a story about a mermaid who never feels like she belongs, then one day she rescues a human (prince) and falls in love with him. She gets to become human but without her voice and things get difficult,
Dharia Scarab
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
R.
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Kielen Rogers
Oct 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Little Mermaid is a book that is about a mermaid named Ariel whose father was King Triton. Ariel wants to be a human to explore the human world. So she goes up and looks around. But then she realizes that the royal concert is about to begin, and she is late. King Triton then banishes her from the surface. But she finds a human in need and instantly falls in love with him. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the movie and know what happens at the end. I honestly read this book because I had like, ...more
Eleclyah
La sirenetta è stato il mio primo vero libro.

Avevo sei anni, e quel giorno mia mamma mi aveva portato per la prima volta nella piccola biblioteca del paese dove abitavo. Non sapevo dove guardare, non avevo idea di dove fossero i libri per bambini, e così la bibliotecaria mi accompagnò agli scaffali dove avrei potuto trovare qualcosa di bello per me. Scelsi questo libro, lo portai a casa e mi misi a leggere. Un'ora dopo lo avevo già finito!

Ah, che bei ricordi. È con La sirenetta che è iniziata la
lily:)
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney-movies
I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see 'um dancing, walking around on those... What do you call them? Oh, feet! Flipping your fins...

Just like anyone's ever said, Ariel is a problem. She drastically changes her body for a guy and even gives up what everyone praises her for. I can see it it's a sacrifice for someone you're sure close to, but Ariel didn't even know Eric! Speaking of, guess who puts the "eric" in "generic"? Haha!

Anyway, love the movie, not to fond of the protagoni
Clarcy
I read this as an app, and it was incredibly interactive and fun!
it is the classic Disney version of the Disney's "The Little Mermaid" and it follows the movie very closely. there was a lot of opportunity to interact with the text and the fish ad so forth. it played music from the movie and was definitely something that would keep a childs attention! there was so much you could do that enhanced the story and added to its charm and understanding. I enjoyed this and I would totally recommend it!
  • Clifford The Firehouse Dog
  • Disney's The Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • The Lion King
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • The Three Bears
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Pinocchio
  • The Honey Tree
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Bears on Wheels
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone
  • What a Bad Dream (Little Critter)
  • Curious George Makes Pancakes
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 176 books)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Goofy's Gags (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, 19)
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)