Start by marking “Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Fate  (Dragonfire, #3)

Kiss of Fate

(Dragonfire #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  2,444 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
One foretold love deserves a second chance…

Haunted by dreams of a lover who takes the form of a mythical dragon, Eileen Grosvenor searches for the truth. She never expects to find a real dragon shape shifter, let alone one who awakens her passion and ignites memories of her own forgotten past.

Published February 3rd 2009 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Fate

Liv
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Usually I don't like to poke holes in books that I read, because I figure that since I'm reading fantasy anyway, I would allow for some level of imagination and impossibilities, and not care much about science or physics at all. So I normally don't argue over something being scientifically possible or not. Unfortunately, after I read 3 installments of this Dragonfire series, I came to the conclusion that the author seemed to be consistently inconsistent and it drives me bonkers.

Please allow me
SheLove2Read
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a dragon romance
If I could give this 10 stars I would. Absolutely spectacular! Any book that can make me cry is a keeper but any book that makes me cry TWICE in two different places is definitely going on my desert island keeper shelf.
Joelle
Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire #3)

by Deborah Cooke

5 stars

For millennia, the shape-shifting dragon warriors known as the Pyr have commanded the four elements and guarded the earth's treasures. But now the final reckoning between the Pyr, who count humans among the earth's treasures, and the Slayers, who would eradicate both humans and the Pyr who protect them, is about to begin.

Haunted by dreams of a lover who takes the form of a dragon, Eileen Grosvenor search
PepperP0t
3.25stars
Very usual for this series. There was too much repetition for my taste in the statements from the lead couple and I thought this installment too closely mirrored a previous releases. I did however enjoy descriptions of the dragons and Boris & Magnus’ villainy. (view spoiler)
In previous
Pamela
This is the third book in the Dragonfire series and this time the firestorm is between Eric, the leader of the dragon Pyr, and Eileen.

The chemistry is there between the two but could have been better. I have to agree with another viewer that I wish the dragons were more possessive instead of just standing on the sidelines contemplating if the woman will be his mate. It's a given they will be so why not make their desire for the women more driven.

The war between the dragons, Pyr vs. Slayers rem
Sara Brookes
Dec 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Have to love it when a series just gets better with each successive book. I picked up the first in the series last year, right after it was released on a whim. Needed something to read and had nothing with me at the time. I'd never read any dragonshifting books prior but figured what the hell?

I've been highly pleased with that decision last year and the second book in the series didn't disappoint either - just as this one (the third) didn't either. The action was brisk but not at such a breakne
Gwynn White
Another fun book in this series. I enjoyed learning more about Erik. That was a treat.
Eva Millien
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recent Re-release Review! Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire #3) Deborah Cooke!

One foretold love deserves a second chance…

Erik Sorensson is focused on leading the Pyr to triumph over the Slayers, even if it costs him his life. When an ancient relic that
Eva Millien
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third Firestorm has arrived and Erik Sorrensson, leader of the Pyr has been kissed by fate and he’s being forced to make a choice between duty or love in the sensational third book in the Dragonfire series by Deborah Cooke.

Erik is a strong, sexy and brooding character that grabs readers’ attention with all of his claws and refuses to let go and when he is joined by his strong and inquisitive mate, Eileen Grosvenor, readers can’t help but become caught up in their firestorm. This relationship
Mary
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Erik and Eileen's story is much more complicated that most of the other Pyr. They did everything wrong in their past relationship, so I loved that they got a second chance at love and a life together. Of course, the Slayers are still after them, and Erik will do anything to protect Eileen. He's so determined to be the perfect leader, he's willing to sacrifice his happiness for the rest of the Pyr. Luckily for him, Eileen is willing to help with her vast knowledge of folklore that might just hold ...more
Robin
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Full of action, humor and romance, I didn't want to put it down! This is the third book in the Dragonfire Novels series. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and look forward to reading more books by this author.
Donna
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deb Cooke has created an exceptional series. Kiss of Fate is better than the previous two books. There are so many twists and turns, lots of action, a real page-turner. Highly recommend this book and series.
Jenny
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Registered on Bookcrossing - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/1...

This is a great series if you like paranormal romance. I read the first book in this series. The author writes the characters so you are fascinated and have trouble putting down the book. I will look for more in this series.
TinaMarie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He's the leader of the Pyr and is getting a seond chance at his firestorm. The third prophesied firestorm crucual to aid the Pyr against the Slayers.
Katie
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. I enjoy this series. Shame Amazon doesn't sell it anymore and borrowing from the library gives a broken link for the kindle version.
Samantha
Shapeshifting dragons are very cool, but the main pairing feels rushed and just slapped together.
Lover of Romance
Erick Sorensson knows that his firestorm is close, because he can feeling the burning need to find her. Erick once had a firestorm, and at first it had been going well, he had a son. But then his son turned slayer on him, and he thought he had lost his mate. Erick knows that feeling the firestorm after all of these years, means his mate has been reincarnated. At first he doesn't want to give into this whirlwind of sensations again. Especially after losing so much before, but Eileen is so differe ...more
Sara Farinha
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
‘Kiss of Fate‘ is the 3rd book in Deborah Cooke’s Dragonfire Series. It’s about the third firestorm, between Eric Sorensson and Eileen Grosvenor, before the final battle between Pyr and Slayer.

It’s also a suitable book for the 2nd topic of the Reading Romances Challenge: Read a book with an older Hero or heroine (AT LEAST mid-to-late thirties): Eric has a few centuries in his backpack and Eileen’s thirty-seven.

Eric is the leader of the Pyr, a group of dragons that are meant to protect the earth
Dawn
I absolutely love, love, love this series. Ms. Cooke always delivers a spellbinding ride with each of the Dragonfire novels and KISS OF FATE is no exception. Here we finally get the Pyr leader’s Erik’s story and its one wild roller coaster of a ride. This is an author who knows her series and her characters intimately. The characters alone are delightful, multi-dimensional and had me sighing over in delight. Ms. Cooke delivers a strong story in this series and KISS OF FATE keeps the series alive ...more
Lynda Tatad
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in Deborah Cooke's Dragonfire series. The 3rd fateful Dragonfire for the Pyr is revealed and it is for Erik Sorensson this time. This is his 2nd time around, which is a rarity. But it turns out his first love has been reincarnated into the American college professor Eileen Grosvenor, who is in England researching a story that she is almost obsessed to find the meaning behind. Not knowing the story is related to Erik and her past life. The Dragonfire is what brings a Pyr to h ...more
An Odd1
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
**** "Kiss of Fate" is the third Deborah Cooke Dragonfire romance, heralded by a third eclipse and firestorm, for King and Consort, before a prophesied war. Much narrative is devoted to the past, while everyone in the present chase a valuable old collection of 99 dragon teeth. The story spans time without travelling there. The only individual dragon color I can remember is the angelic pure white of the dainty ethereal oracle. Even she falls in love (a possible meaning of the title), with an anci ...more
Gina
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Kiss of Fate by Deborah Cooke

Third in the Dragonfire series, Erik gets his firestorm. His second in his lifetime because his mate has been reincarnated and they have unfinished business. Pretty cool twist on the basic romance story.

And the Slayers just keep getting or displaying new powers and you never really know if they are dead.

The dragon's teeth legend was cool and I would have liked to hear more of the background/story on this before it was over. It seemed to be resolved too quickly alon
Shental Henrie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
KISS OF FATE is the 3rd book in the Dragonfire Series by Deborah Cooke!! This is a great continuation of the series. If you've been reading the series, you've already met Erik, the leader of the Pyr.
This is Erik's story. Even though Erik already had a firestorm, he's given the privilege of having a second firestorm. And it happens to be with the reincarnated soul of the first mate. Eileen is a collector of stories and she has come to England to find out about a story about a dragon. She must fi
Beate
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are highly addictive. If real life hadn't gotten in the way, I would end up reading these books in one sitting. With how much I love these Pyr, I kinda wish I could read them in one sitting.

I love that there's so much lore, both real and fictional, in these books. I love that there's enough nail biting action to hold your attention. I love that there's a sweet, albeit a bit predictable, love in these books. Most of all I love that the heroines in these books are kick-ass strong!

I've
Diane
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kathy
Dec 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better and better, I'm so glad to know the story behind Erik and his first firestorm with his wife Louisa and their son Sigmund and to know why Sigmund turned Slayer. Though the whole time I'm yelling at Erik (in my head mind you) because he is doing the typical thing guys do in romance novels, the whole I'm going to sacrifice myself routine, driving me crazy. But I love this series and I can't wait to see how Delany (love that name for a guy) will fair with his firesto ...more
The Window Seat
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the third of the "trilogy" within the Dragonfire series. What was set up as three firestorms is now nearing the culmination. With Erik's firestorm starting up, no one is more surprised than he is.

Erik had a firestorm. Since Pyr dragons have only one destined mate, he thought he was immune. But if he has a firestorm, there is only one explanation. His mate is reincarnated. How can he possibly try to woo her again when he still hasn't forgiven himself for the mistakes he made in the past?
Barbara ★
This series just gets better and better. Badass Magnus is back and so is Boris - both on the wrong team - the Slayers. Mythologist Eileen Grosvenor enters the story with a satchel of dragon's teeth and both Magnus and Boris on her tail. Pyr leader Erik Sorensson is in search of his firestorm (mate) when he stumbles upon Eileen and rescues her and sets in motion a prophesy of death and danger.

I love all the supporting characters (the good guys of course) and can't wait to read their stories. So f
Angela
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I was initially disappointed that this one was going to be about Erik (who is not one of my favorite characters), I was really pleased with the result. I can really appreciate Erik's growth as well. Again, the author really crafts a couple who will reveal each others strengths and weaknesses. The firestorm is just as hot and hard to deny. As always, we have the Slayer menace which is growing and becoming more complex with the addition of the Dragon's Blood Elixir to the plot. This makes fo ...more
Melody
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This book had more inconsistencies than usual. It seems to have been rushed to print. The finale was sketchy and incomplete. It was choppy and rushed and lacked cohesion. And amI the only one who wonders how full sized dragons can fly through a broken window? Also why did Erik after fighting 4 dragons fly all the way from London to Chicago carrying his mate? He was worn out and it took 35 hours. Why didn't he just take a plane? On the whole though I did like this book. I am enjoying this series ...more
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5)
  • Rion (Pendragon Legacy #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Sparks Fly (Light Dragons, #3)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3)
Deborah Cooke also writes under the names Claire Delacroix and Claire Cross.

Bestselling and award-winning author Deborah Cooke has published over fifty novels and novellas, including historical romances, fantasy romances, fantasy novels with romantic elements, paranormal romances, contemporary romances, urban fantasy romances, time travel romances and paranormal young adult novels. She writes as h

Dragonfire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Kiss of Fire (The Dragonfire Novels, #1)
  • Kiss of Fury (The Dragonfire Novels, #2)
  • Winter Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #4)
  • Whisper Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #5)
  • Darkfire Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #6)
  • Flashfire (The Dragonfire Novels, #7)
  • Ember's Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #8)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9.1, 9.2, 9.3)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Dragonfire #10)
  • Firestorm Forever (The Dragonfire Novels, #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
“Who knew that insanity came in hot flashes?” 20 likes
“I’ll tell them that I saw the guy who shot her, then.”
The man arched a brow. “The one who turned into a dragon before your very eyes? Don’t you think a story like that might affect your credibility as a witness?”
6 likes