Start by marking “Homeward My Heart (Daughters of Fortune, #4)” as Want to Read:
Homeward My Heart (Daughters of Fortune, #4)

Homeward My Heart

(Daughters of Fortune #4)

The "war to end all wars" is over, but the Cold War is just beginning. Cameron works as a foreign correspondent for her father’s newspaper while she continues to try to obtain a Soviet visa in order to join her husband, Alex, who is not allowed to leave Russia. Blair is in Washington D.C., where husband, Gary, works for the State Department. Jackie is in California, strugg ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Homeward My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeward My Heart

Cathy Bryant
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is well researched. Besides the intrigue and romance, I learned a lot about the time. After reading this series, I decided that Judith Pella is one of my favorite, must read authors.
Tinstamp
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
******ACHTUNG, KANN SPOILER ENTHALTEN!*****

Im Abschlussband der Sturmzeitentetralogie befinden wir uns in der Nachkriegszeit. Wie schon in den Vorgängerbänden schließen die Bücher lückenlos aneinander an.

Alle drei Hayes-Schwestern sind in die USA zurückgekehrt und versuchen ihr Leben wieder aufzunehmen. Blair und Gary leben in Washington, nachdem Gary eine Festanstellung im Pentagon erhalten hat. In ihrem Leben fehlt es an nichts, außer an Kindern. Doch der ersehnte Nachwuchs stellt sich nicht
JLynn
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Fourth book of the series. Not my favorite of the series due to content (my personal preference is reading only happy books). Book was well written though. To avoid unhappy content, read only book one and two then just read a spoiler to find out Cameron ended up with Alex, Jackie ended up with Robert, and Blair ended up with Gary
Edward L
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This the final book inthis series was a page turner. What I really liked about all four books was the Christian background of how all the main characters came to faith.
Val
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much faster read than the other books, but still lots of detail.
Tracy
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the ending to this series.
Mary
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed all four books in this saga. One reviewer says a woman would never have been allowed to cover news in that country at that time. I thought we all knew when we read fiction and Historical Fiction that we want our imagination to be able to break the rules, while following other details of the age. It is always joyful for a Christian to read books that might be less than a secular story in that we can escape some of the evil in the real world. Showing the Holy Spirit working in people's l ...more
Rachelle
Sep 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MaryHelen
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the "Daughters of Fortune" series by Judith Pella was also excellent. I'd recommend this four-book series to anyone who enjoys reading. It is a family saga during the WWII years that encompasses the Eastern European front (Russia), the Pacific Front (Phillipines), and the USA - historical as well as entertaining material.
Mary Yoder
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a very good ending to a fantastic series. It lacked the excitement that all the rest of them had, with a little more drama, but I guess that's what was needed to finish the story. A great piece!
Rachel Thomson
A satisfying finish to the series, mostly in the resolution of Cameron's relationship with Alex -- although the Jackie storyline engaged me more than I thought it would.
Jencey/
I thought the last book was okay but not as good as books 2 and 3.
Marcie
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how this series ended though it did seem a little too fairytale to me.
Melyni
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series of adventure and romance during WW2 was good and would recommend it to just about and hopeless romantic. It's a fun read especially when you are looking for something in that criteria.
Jill
Mar 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Books 3 and 4 in the series were great - I couldn't put this one down until all the loose ends were wrapped-up. Books 1 and 2 were good, but the action really picked up in 3 and 4.
Brooke
Apr 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a good tie up for the series. I only have great things to say about Daughters of Fortune. I can't wait to reread them soon. I would highly recommend them.
Lowell
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The plot is too unlikely; but then again, I guess miracles do happen. All of the loose ends tie up very conveniently.
Helen
Tikvah
Mar 21, 2016
Betty Moore
Mar 24, 2014

• Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • Lions of the Desert (Egypt Trilogy, #2)
  • Another Homecoming
Judith Pella is a bestselling, award-winning author whose writing career spans two decades. Her in-depth historical and geographical research combines with her skillful storytelling to provide readers with dramatic, thought-provoking novels. She and her husband make their home in Scapoose, Oregon.

Daughters of Fortune (4 books)
  • Written on the Wind (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Toward the Sunrise (Daughters of Fortune, #3)