Start by marking “Darwin's Fox and My Coyote” as Want to Read:
Darwin's Fox and My Coyote

Darwin's Fox and My Coyote

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A rare fox in the South American cordillera. A disappearing fox on an island off California. A common coyote in the Albany suburbs. How do these wild carnivores live? And what is it about the places they live that allows them to survive? Holly Menino joins up with three young scientists to find out, and along the way is drawn into a broader consideration of the science tha ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by University of Virginia Press (first published April 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Darwin's Fox and My Coyote, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darwin's Fox and My Coyote

Mr. C
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent book, as a biologist I could relate to a lot of the experiences shared by the author. I think it touches a lot of what field biologist might go through in their areas, and explain the science behind conservation in a fair and realist way. I recommend this book to anyone interested in field biology and conservation as an academic pursuit or as a curiosity.
Melody
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: geeky-side
Really good scientific studies from a non-scientist
Folio
Endangered Wolf Center
May 03, 2016
Barbara Kudla
Apr 08, 2018
HOLLY MENINO grew up in a small Ohio college town, where her passionate interest in animals showed itself by age three, about ten years before she heard the calling to become a writer. A graduate of Smith College, she has worked in both scholarly and popular publishing. She now lives on a farm in the Finger Lakes region of New York and publishes both fiction and nonfiction.
More about Holly Menino