Start by marking “The All-New Mallory Pike (The Baby-Sitters Club, #126)” as Want to Read:
The All-New Mallory Pike (The Baby-Sitters Club, #126)

The All-New Mallory Pike (The Baby-Sitters Club #126)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  354 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In a breakthrough book for the series, Mallory says good-bye to Stoneybrook and hello to the Riverbend School. The boarding school in the Berkshires introduces Mallory to a new group of friends--and a not-so-friendly roommate.
Published January 1999 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The All-New Mallory Pike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The All-New Mallory Pike

Samantha
And then, just like that, Mallory Pike is banished forever from the BSC-verse! In Friends Forever she is briefly mentioned, at least in the first book, but we are left to more or less imagine what becomes of Mallory from this point onward. I like to imagine she was happy, learned a lot, made good grades, and got herself into a badass women's lit college.

You go, Mallory!

Also there were only a couple of baby-sitting chapters, and they revolved around the Pike kids. I can accept that. It was a bea
Ciara
Dec 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BSC fans, book-ish nerdlings, boarding school fanatics, people with awful roommates
this is one of my all-time favorite BSC books, because it is a mallory book (i still like her, except for when she whines incessantly about her parents not letting her get a nose job at age eleven--like, are you kidding me?) & it's about mallory going away to BOARDING SCHOOL, & i think we have established my obsession with boarding schools in other reviews on this site. previously in mallory's stoneybrook life, she taught a class for some dumbass program at stoneybrook middle school. she ...more
Marna
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
It always creeped me out that everyone apparently hated Mallory (as I basically was her in school). And during the whole story arc after 'Kristy in Charge,' I started to really get the feeling that she was basically being kicked out due to being the least favorite character. Even though she is mentioned in the books pretty far back (much farther back than Jessi) she has only 13 books (including one mystery). Now, I get why fans probably hated her. She is sarcastic and whiny about everything. But ...more
Tiffany
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Poor Mallory! She cannot catch a break.

Let's recap Mallory. Her parents, good ol' Mr. & Mrs. Pike, have a bunch of kids in a short period of time. They take a rather passive approach to parenting and dump most of their responsibilities on to their eldest child. In general, Mallory takes these responsibilities in stride. She likes kids so much that she joins the BSC. She's given the lowly title of Junior Member even though she has more baby-sitting experience than Dawn and Claudia (both Regu
Brittney
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't read the BSC books in order, nor did I read all of them. Instead, I picked up those books that interested me, especially those narrated by Mary Anne, Dawn, or Mallory (since they were my favorite characters). I remember being excited to read this one, and, surprisingly, I remembered many details from the book during this reread. However, I don't remember loving this one.

Both now and in my youth, I love books set in boarding schools. But the plot on this one was thin, and the writer (wh
April
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Melina
This is one of my favourites of the later BSC books, mostly because the actual BSC don't appear as much (save us from 2-dimensional Kristy). Mallory begins her new life at private boarding school, Riverbend (I want to go there. Or teach there.) She loves the academics and makes good friends, but struggles with her prickly roommate. Meanwhile, her siblings fight over who shares what bedroom not she's gone.
Maria Camp
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Excellent premise. Interesting story.

I think this is an overall good story for Mallory; however, some things happened too easily. Other things felt contrived.

Additional conflict could have provided greater interest.

I would have liked to have seen Mallory try harder to solve her own problems in her new school.

The ending felt forced and not fully satisfying.
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Mallory away at boarding school?! Quite trippy for the BSC.
Dana Salman
Aug 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-siblings
I feel sorry for Mallory, I wouldn't last a day at boarding school, and she's only eleven. Still, Riverbend seems like a passionate school. Plus her sibs haven't gotten any less funny without her!
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Nate
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I found Mallory very annoying and whiny. I felt the beginning, before she got to school, was incredibly boring.
Nancy
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rereading
In which Mel-ry escapes the Cult and tries to have a normal life. It doesn't work, but hey, at least she's away from those psychotic chicks in the 'Brook.
Haley
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bsc
Mallory is not my favorite BSC characters, but she loves reading, and her story about boarding school always made me happy.
Stacie
Jun 03, 2017
Cassie
Jul 02, 2013
Jordan
rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2014
Oct 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Lizzie at Last
  • Kirsten on the Trail
  • Jessica the Nerd (Sweet Valley Twins, #61)
  • Tickle's Tale (Serendipity)
  • The Enchanted Horse
  • Self-Portrait (Three Girls in the City, #1)
  • Tarzan (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Recipe for Murder (Nancy Drew: Files, #21)
  • Homeward the Seeking Heart (Orphan Train West, #2)
  • Witch Twins (Witch Twins, #1)
  • Madeline Says Merci: The Always-Be-Polite Book
  • Jake Drake, Teacher's Pet
  • Apple Island, Or The Truth About Teachers
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • The Scarecrows
  • Heaven Sent (Goddesses, #1)
  • The Pet Store Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #3)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)