Start by marking “Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #3)” as Want to Read:
Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #3)

Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #3)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  1,710 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Their skis, skates and snowsuites are packed and the Baby-Sitters are headed for the mountains.
Published December 1st 1989 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation

Matilda by Roald DahlJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
90s Kids
184 books — 76 voters
Let It Snow by John GreenDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel CohnShiver by Maggie StiefvaterMy True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie PerkinsNorth of Beautiful by Justina Chen
Winter Break for YA
160 books — 431 voters

More lists with this book...

Shira
Dec 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
this is my first time reading this book!

UGHHHHH. okay. there is a mandatory stoneybrook middle school trip to an overlook-style lodge in vermont (all grades) every winter. don't ask me how having a mandatory school trip is conceivable in a public school. the lodge is so huge that a elementary school class from maine and the eighth grade from a school further north in vermont are also staying there in addition to the 382 SMS kids. the elementary school class gets into a horrible bus crash on thei
Ciara
Aug 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
the entire student body of stoneybrook middle school is going to a ski lodge in vermont for a week. except for logan, who is going to aruba with his family. the trip to the lodge is mandatory, even though it is mostly just for fun. there is a winter war, where the student body, split into teams, competes in a series of outdoor winter athletic competitions. students can take on special projects for extra credit points. mary anne is the trip historian, jessi is organizing the talent show, & cl ...more
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
The thing I remember most about this one was one of the babysitters getting a crush on a ski instructor with a French accent (his name was Guy, and they told you how to pronounce it). By this point I was really annoyed that any reasonably attractive older man was going to turn into the ridiculous irrationally pursued hottie, though I was realizing all my friends were kind of doing this too, and I just didn't care about boys. The whole "omg he is so cute" sub-plots of these vacation books really ...more
Danielle
In this book, the Baby-Sitters go on a mandatory school trip to a ski lodge in Vermont. I wish my school had done this type of thing. Maybe I would've liked going there better if they did. Anyway, the girls are all looking forward to experiencing the lodge and being involved in the Winter War. When they get there, a group of elementary school kids needs chaperones when a couple of their teachers get hurt in a bus accident. So who volunteers-why the Baby-Sitters Club, of course.

The storylines are
Amie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Parents, after your kids read this book take the time to talk about crushes, age-appropriate and not. Talk about how girls and boys should act together, and compare it with how we see them in literature and movies. This is absolutely NOT a favorite book. There are much better Super Specials throughout the series.

Kristy: Obsessing about a competition (as usual) and takes it way too far (as usual).

Claudia: Obsesses over a too old for her guy and gets her heart broken in the process. She is also c
Logan Hughes
Apr 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: babysitters-club
A public middle school takes every student on an annual ski trip. Sure.

The yearly Stoneybrook Middle School trip to a ski resort in Vermont includes: a baby-sitting emergency (a bus accident leaves a set of school children with injured chaperones); a winter sports contest; a talent show; a dance; and an unresolved ghost mystery. All of the baby-sitters have different storylines, and basically it is just too much stuff and none of it is at all satisfying.

Timing: Winter.

Revised Timeline: This is w
lisa
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
The BSC goes to Vermont on an improbable free, mandatory school trip. Mary Anne decides that since Logan can't go along on this mandatory trip she will spend her time making him a book of this trip. These girls and their darn book projects. But without the darn book projects we wouldn't have these Super Specials I love so much. So thanks overachieving BSC! I read this when I was nine.

Things I remember from reading this as a kid:
I learned the words "prerogative" and "mandatory" by reading this bo
Lisa Birch
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
What even is this book?

I only read it twice as a kid, so I must have thought it wasn't too crash hot then either.

Basically, this book is Camp Mohawk over again, but this time there is snow and more squabbles between the BSC members. Plus, Mal is more weird than usual and a small child called Ethel is fat shamed in the last chapter.
Samantha
I don't remember this from my childhood, and for apparently good reasons.

It was freaking boring as hell. It took me TWO DAYS to push through it, that's how boring it was. I was falling asleep in places. Oh my God. It was next level awful, even for the BSC.
Adelle
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a youth, I loved this series!
Lilly F.
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the kids from Stoneybrook Middle School get to go to a lodge for one week during the winter and ski, skate, and have snowball fights. But after 16 younger school kids get into a car accident 2 miles down the road, will the Babysitters Club give up some of their winter trip to take care of the kids? I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about camp!
Julie Decker
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
The babysitters' school is taking everyone on a mandatory ski vacation, so now the BSC is plopped into the middle of cold snowdrifts and hot hotties! Kristy gets a little carried away with the competitive spirit, Claudia tries to rein Kristy in, Stacey becomes obsessed with the French ski instructor, Dawn is miserable in her battle with the elements, and Mary Anne researches the history of the ski lodge. When a bus accident causes a major crisis, it's babysitters to the rescue.

The premise felt w
Charlotte
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters are on another fun trip, and so is their whole school! A couple lets 6,7,and 8th grade kids come to their lodge for two weeks. Now Kristy, Claudia, Mary Ann, Dawn, Stacey, Mallory, and Jessi are on a trip from Connecticut to Vermont on an icy adventure. With crushes, sports, and funny plays the Baby-sitters Club is in for it.
This book has the fun and friendship of the Baby-sitters Club and their class mates in a fun journey. They have to brave the cold to fight the Winter War(
Ds
ITA-ENG

I super special precedenti sono stati molto meglio di questo, sinceramente. A parte le montagne e la neve che formano sempre un bello scenario, poca fantasia e troppi comportamenti stupidi (più del solito). Poi Stacey ha pochi capitoli ed essendo la mia babysitter preferita, perde un altro po' di fascino.

The previous specials have been much better than this one. Besides the mountains and the snow that never fail to create a beautiful scenery, there was no creativity and we got a lot of st
Nancy
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rereading
In which for some reason every single student at SMS - except Logan, who is in Aruba - gets to go to some lodge in Vermont for pretty much free. Ridiculous, but I have such a soft spot for the early Super Specials that I'll allow it. So K. Ron becomes the Supreme Dictator of the Winter War, MA is a complete ass as she pines for Logan, Caludia thinks an adult is in LUV with her, and finally Stace gets some action. Also, Mel-ry is stupid, STFUDawn is a klutz, and Jessi cries racism, as usual. Oh, ...more
April
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Cassie
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Like I said in one of my other reviews on the Baby-Sitter's Club series, it is one of my favorites. The super specials mostly tend to be my favorites because they are the length of about two regular Baby-Sitter's Club books. I also think that the plot is better and the book itself has a lot more action than the regular books. This is only my opinion yet, I believe that it is pretty accurate. That's all I have to say about this book at this time. See you later! :) <3
Bridgette Collins
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
I found in this novel that the characters all had really annoying personality traits. Kristy would do anything to win, even hurt her friendships, Claudia was an annoying show-off, Stacey just ditched her friends for some guy, Mary Anne was a pathetic, clingy girlfriend who couldn't do the simplest tasks, Mallory was way too uptight, Jessi was a pushover and Dawn needed to grow a pair and stand up to Mary Anne!
Amanda
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Found this in a flea market and bought it so I could relive my childhood. Not as great as I remember! The writing is laughable and it's all very predictable. What most sticks out is how unrealistic it is for a bunch of 13 y/o and 11 y/o girls to babysit, fall in love and travel alone.
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this when it came out in the 80's, I was a big fan of the BSC and remember this one being my favourite book of the series. I recently bought it again, 22 years later and yep, I still enjoyed it!
Carrie
Mar 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I flippin' LOVE the Baby-Sitter's Club!!!! I remember VIVIDLY laying on my grandma's yellow couch and reading this series. She would take me to the bookstore in the mall on Fridays and I would have the book read by Sunday. LOVED IT!
Jenn
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bsc
Sarah Smith
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Callie
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Found myself reading this book for a school project and it honestly surprised me (in a good way) The only thing that I disliked was the fact that there's like 10 different plots.
Madeline
Apr 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
One word. INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Lisa
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as the Summer Vacation. Subplots everywhere! And Mary Anne... she can be insufferable a lot of the time, but she REALLY takes the cake in this.
Marte Patel
Mar 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Chelsey
Recommended to Marte by: Roisin
A very suitable title for my own winter vacation! Lots of snow, young love, children, sports and ghosts - classic!
Carly
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this series, too! <3
Maria Elmvang
When I was younger I preferred the Super Specials to the original series. I'm discovering that that's not really the case any longer - a shame.
Kat
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I can't think of anything
more realistic than you think 1 2 May 29, 2017 01:47PM
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)

More about Ann M. Martin

The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Baby-Sitters on Board! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #1)
  • Baby-Sitters' Summer Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #2)
  • Baby-sitters' Island Adventure (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #4)
  • California Girls! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #5)
  • New York, New York! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #6)
  • Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)
  • Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #8)
  • Starring the Baby-sitters Club! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #9)
  • Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)
  • The Baby-Sitters Remember (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #11)

Young Adult Deals

• Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
  • You Are Not Small
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Ever Get Out of Here
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
  • Stop Pretending: Poems About When My Big Sister Went Craz
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
  • Invisible Emmie
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Grit