Start by marking “Ducky: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #15)” as Want to Read:
Ducky: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #15)

Ducky: Diary 3 (California Diaries #15)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  215 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Christopher, better known as Ducky, recounts in his diary his summer working in a bookstore, his relationship with the owner's daughter, Sunny, his friend Maggie's role in intervening in her mother's alcoholism, and his plans for an end-of-summer party.
Published August 1st 2000 by Little Apple (first published January 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ducky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ducky

Logan Hughes
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Sunny up and kisses Ducky.

Hoo boy. Here we are. Spoilers ahead, I'm not going to use tags.

I think it's important to note that, while I'd read some of the early California Diaries several years ago, I was reading everyone's Diary 2 and 3 fresh right before reviewing, so I had not read ahead to this point when I wrote them. It was my habit while reading to dog-ear pages that contained "ambiguously gay Ducky" moments to write up later. Had I done that for this book, I would have dog-eared every pa
Donna
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: journal-diary
(I loved Ducky and was really disappointed in this book. Ducky and Amalia were my favourite - I loved the drawings in Amalia's books - and Maggie the one I related to most. I had very little patience for Dawn and Sunny, in the beginning, but Sunny really grew on my by the end of the series. Her second book was, I think, my favourite of the series.)
Samantha
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
So this is the end of the California Diaries, and I admit it's a bummer. I never finished them as a kid, and I feel a little salty that they just stopped here. However, I guess for an abrupt sort of ending it was pretty good.

Sunny kisses Ducky in this one, and Ducky freaks out. He loves Sunny, but not like that. It drops a lot of hints toward his being gay, a fact which we never find out for sure if it's true. Gonna be mad about that until my last days. Anyway!

It ends with the friends + Brendan
Kiana Cook
Concluding a series is always difficult—especially in the case of California Diaries, which had five central characters with boatloads of issues—but Ducky, Diary Three still doesn’t feel like a closer that does these books justice. Something about this installment felt off in a way that none of the other diaries did—I blame the ghostwriter, who had never worked on another California Diaries book. Ducky’s voice reads like a shoddy impersonation of the Ducky from his previous two diaries, which ma ...more
Amanda
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who have read the rest of the series
Recommended to Amanda by: found it online
This is the last book in the California Diaries series. I have read 1-15. Out of all of the characters I like Ducky best. I really wish there was more book because there are still things I wonder about like will Alex ever get better with Ducky and Jay be friends again, What happens to Maggie's mother after she gets out of rehab?

All of these questions I know don't have answers and they never will. I suggest you read these book because they are really good, and a fast read about 3 a night. But be
Nikki Boisture
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Another read for the blog book. I wanted to like it more because of how much I love Ducky. But, this was the only Ducky book not written by ghostwriter Peter Lerangis, and you can totally tell. Nola Thacker couldn't quite get his voice down right. Also, the fact that the word gay is never used in the book is really, painfully obvious.
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
For some reason the font didn't drive me nearly as crazy this time as diary #2. I enjoyed the book about as much as the others in the series, but am kind of glad to end it here. If I want Ann M Martin I think I'll stick with the BSC.
Anna
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
39. 5/11/09: California Diaries #whatever, the last Ducky book: I liked it, and Ducky is clearly gay. Too bad this is the last book of the series and that never got followed up on.
Brittany
May 03, 2011 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this whole series of books. (I'm a sucker for books written as diaries).
Kirsten Mairi
  • Three Lives to Live
  • When She Was Good
  • Do-Over
  • Pearl Harbor, 1941
  • Jessica's Secret Diary: Volume II (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #8)
  • Pale Phoenix
  • Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James
  • The Journal of C. J. Jackson, a Dust Bowl Migrant, Oklahoma to California, 1935  (My Name Is America)
  • Among Friends
  • Don't Hurt Laurie
  • The Search: The Struggle to Survive (Left Behind: The Kids, #9)
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady: And Other School Stories
  • The Toilet Paper Tigers
  • The Rules for Hearts (Battle Hall Davies, #2)

More about Ann M. Martin

California Diaries (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dawn: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #1)
  • Sunny: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #2)
  • Maggie: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #3)
  • Amalia: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #4)
  • Ducky: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #5)
  • Sunny: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #6)
  • Dawn: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #7)
  • Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries, #8)
  • Amalia: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #9)
  • Ducky: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
  • You Are Not Small
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Ever Get Out of Here
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
  • Stop Pretending: Poems About When My Big Sister Went Craz
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
  • Invisible Emmie
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Grit