Start by marking “Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?” as Want to Read:
Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Mama Sue, Papa Joe and the kids prepare a fiery pot of stew for visiting Aunt Tootie.
Published December 31st 1992 by Parents Magazine Press (first published August 29th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Put the Pepper in the Pot?

Ngoc  Dang
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book to read. I read it by myself and I was sitting there laughing. The poor family had a rich aunt that came to visit. This just make me think of how I would clean up the house to make it look better when I'm about to have guess. We try our best to make sure that everything is perfect. Overall, it's not about how things look, but about family. Family shouldn't have to worry about those things.
Katie Curry
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
This book is about a family who lives on a farm. Papa Joe receives a letter from Aunt Tootie, who is very fancy, that explains that she is coming for a visit. To make Aunt Tootie feel welcomed, Mama Sue fixes a very "peppery" and hearty stew.
I would use this book in my classroom to study vowel sounds and to discuss why communication is very important.
Jessica Chambliss
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ece-3601
This book discusses a family living on a farm with an aunt coming to visit! The aunt happens to be very fancy and they are worried they won't be able to impress her. This is a good book to read in class when their is extra time left at the end of the day or between subjects!
Hattie
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I remember our teacher reading this book to my class in about 1st grade. Its simple, but I loved it ,and over 12 years later I have not forgotten this book! I hope to read it to my children on day. :)
Audrey
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Mama Sue prepared a pot of stew but forgot the pepper. She asks each family member to add some but they all claim they are too busy. In the end they all add plenty of pepper to the pot and you can imagine the result. A cute story.
Emily
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is such a funny book. Students will enjoy the repetition and the ending. Feeding a fancy family member may not always be easy, which is why this book can relate to adults as well. A quick read that is enjoyable for all ages.
Amy
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another childhood favourite - and again, its follows the theme of food. A great read aloud book with lots of opportunity for doing voices for characters, and really taking it over the top.
Fatima
Jan 17, 2012
Kriscelle Delgado
rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2015
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...