Start by marking “In Deep (Emerald Mountain #2)” as Want to Read:
In Deep (Emerald Mountain #2)

In Deep

(Emerald Mountain #2)

Sophie Tremore is trying to build a career in the male-dominated world of Ski Patrol. Hard to do when her new boss is her smokin’ hot ex-lover. She hasn’t forgotten how he made her body tingle and her heart pound, although he’s making it a lot easier by treating her like she’s incompetent—when he’s not ignoring her existence altogether.

Emerald Mountain Ski Patrol Director
Published January 31st 2018 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about In Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Deep

Start your review of In Deep (Emerald Mountain #2)
Olga therebelreader
Easy to like characters, fast paced story, relatively simple plot, a light-hearted tone and a limited level of angst. All the elements were there for a great read, but something didn't click between Max & Sophie on an emotional level. The ending was also a tad abrupt. Yes everything is resolved and we get a HEA with the "I love yous", but I needed a bit more closure. This overall was a good story and well worth the read.

In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 3/5 | Writing S
N.N. Light
The queen of sexual tension, Stacy Gold, is back with a smokin’ hot ski romance novella perfect to warm you up this winter!

Sophie’s worked harder than anyone else at Emerald Mountain but her boss doesn’t give her the work she’s qualified to do, just fluff jobs. When she confronts her boss, she tries to remain professional, but her body betrays her. Sure, they had a red-hot fling two years ago and she fell in love with him. He left one day, without a word, and she hadn’t seen him since. Now he’s
ItaPixie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars

It isn't surprising anymore that I enjoy Stacy Gold short novellas,I like her writing so much I always hope her books to never end.

I've enjoyed Max and Sophie story and I've appreciated their spirit of sacrifice, on a working level, challenging arduous peacks to guarantee the safety of every skiiers and snowboarder, and in a personal way resisting their chemistry and attraction.

If you want to spend some pleasant hours reading about snowy mountains,hot ski patrollers and a strong heroine who fig

Mandi Schreiner
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Well detailed ski patrol action. I know nothing about skiing but I found it all interesting and you could tell the author put a lot of effort into those details.

The romance is second-chance at love. I liked the H/H but the romance ends up being super rushed. I would have liked a little more time for the rekindle to burn. C+

Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

At eighty-two pages, In Deep, was a very quick read. This is the second book in the Emerald Mountain series which returned us to the mountain with the ski patrol, instructors and other staff as well as the skiers and snowboarders. Max and Sophie are front and center and we are swept up with the chemistry between them, learn of their past as well as their families and also why they don’t seem to be getting along. A re
Heather 123
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
UGH this book just pissed me off.

First off it's incredibly short; it might as well be considered a novella. According to my kindle by the time you hit the first page of the first chapter, you're already 4% of the way through the book. So that's issue number one.

The second issue is that the book felt rushed; every aspect of it. The couple supposedly spent 8 weeks together in training but we don't get to see any of that. I would have loved to read about each of them reminiscing about their time t
Maranda
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Emerald Mountain Sky patrol use explosives to dislodge snow to safely control avalanche dangers. Romance is not allowed because of the responsibility of the job. Max and Sophie have a past and fight their connection. Story can be read as a stand-alone but it was so short in length that true character connection to myself was lacking. "A copy of this book was provided by The Wild Rose Press, Inc via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
Isha Coleman
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The saying "it's an uphill battle" should be the slogan for In Deep. The odds are stacked against Max and Sophie from the start, but the thrill is too exciting to pass up. Sophie is willing to force her way into an adrenaline filled career. Dominated by men and a treacherous ride to the top, she encounters obstacles of the heart, sexism and even life threatening occurrences. Max is forced to face his fears while protecting lives and rekindling a flame that never fully extinguished. Ms. Gold take ...more
Virginia Marks
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story has the capacity to melt the ice from any mountain. Which is exactly where this book takes place, Emerald Mountain. Max is the Ski Patrol Director and is in charge of the avalanche (avy) and in his crew that he is drooling over Sophie Tremore. Sure, they had a past 2yrs ago for 8 weeks, but that was all in the past.

Sophie is strictly "off limits" from upper management and Sophie is still fuming that he never called her back. She went on with her life and gained all the knowledge she
Char (1RadReader59)
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an extremely short romance thank you very much. Only took a few hours to read. This was a second chance romance which is always nice.

This author caused a lot of pent-up sexual pressure for this couple. Who hadn’t seen each other in two years? They had met at a rescue training Chili. Spent six weeks on the same team training and the same amount of nights in each other’s beds. They fell hard for one another.

When they were done with training he was moving on to another country to work a
T. Rosado
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

FYI: In Deep is the length between a short story and novella. Maybe, to be defined as a novelette? Personally, I think that it should be designated as such in the book blurb so that unsuspecting readers are well-informed. That being said, I knew the length going and adjusted my expectations to that of a short story/novella.

In Deep is a second chance romance that begins two years after an 8 week romance between Max and Sophie. Max has been incommunicado since their time together with rea
Paul Franco
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A ski patrol boss and his new employee have a past, in which he acted like a jerk to her—though more out of neglect than active malice—and now is taking it out on her in passive-aggressive ways. When she calls him on it, the fire is rekindled, which of course leads to trouble.
I used to ski, but there’s a lot of terms here I don’t recognize. Maybe it’s stuff inherent to the rescue business, but I was definitely puzzled by “bombs” for a while, until it became obvious. This author has either done t
C.L. Ogilvie
Another fun and steamy novella from Gold that expands on the exciting would of Emerald Mountain. While I loved the dynamic between Sophie and Max, it felt a little thinner than her first installment in the series. I would have loved for there to have been more detail concerning their prior relationship, or the tragedy Max experienced before his former lover's return. The ending felt a little rushed for me. But these are mere quibbles.

One of the things I found most impressive was Gold's skill at
Staci
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was my first time reading a story penned by Stacy Gold and I enjoyed In Deep so much that I did request to review another read from Stacy Gold. In Deep was a quick, yet engaging read. While it was a bit shorter than what one would consider a novella length read, I thought the author packed enough details about the characters, so the reader is hooked into finding out where the steamy relationship may lead. It you are looking for an entertaining and mildly steamy afternoon read, look no furth ...more
Samantha
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Sophie and Max have a past. They thought they would never see each other but when Sophie gets a job she just can't refuse, who would have ever guessed that the man she burned up the sheets with years ago and never heard from again would be her boss. Max does everything he can to stay away thanks to some past mistakes and accidents that happen. However his attraction to her can't be helped and things ignite when they are alone together.

When their secret comes out and they are found out, can they
Emabubby
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Gold is a very talented writer. The scenes in Ms. Gold's story are so realistic that you actually feel like you are there on the ski slopes with Max and Sophie. Having them each giving their own POV is an added plus. The chemistry between the main characters was explosive. These two really care for each and needed a way to work together without all conflict. This is a great book, one you will certainly enjoy reading.

I received this advanced copy and I am freely posting this fair and balanc
Barbara
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sophie Tremore and Emerald Mountain Ski Patrol Director Max Demford have a history together, but they went their separate ways. Sophie is now working for Max, he knows the job is dangerous and has feelings for her still and is trying to keep her safe, but Sophie wants to do what she has trained for. What happens when Max lets her with him by her side made for an interesting story, which I enjoyed reading. I received a copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
poppy
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am absolutely loving this series after reading the first book I immediately added this one to my tbr list. This was a really good sweet yet sexy read. This is a good sports romance and while I have not read many about ski-ing I had no problems following and understanding the subject. The character were really great and had lots of chemistry.I enjoyed getting to know Max and Sophie and can't wait to read the next one
Tammy
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sophie is trying to build her career in a male dominated field. Ski patrol is dangerous but her boss only seems to give her easy jobs so she decides to go confront her boss, who happens to be her ex. Max and Sophie’s chemistry is still off the charts hot will they find a way to be together? Fast-paced read with good characters, suspense and steam. I liked it.
Kim F
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! An awesome book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. Great ski romance and story line. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong and intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and review an Advance Reader copy of this book.
Coffee Chat
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author has skillfully written a story that captivated me from beginning. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. The characters are fun, sexy, and lovable. Their hot chemistry keeps you turning the pages. The setting and makes for a sizzling read. I really enjoyed Max and Sophie's story. I highly recommend.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Passion and scolding heat melt the snow of this novel.

Read full review in the 2018 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Pamela Karacostas
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Weekend Getaway

Love the characters, the setting, the story and the exotic romance! Find a quiet place and plan on a few hours of enjoyable reading.
Kris
They had a history between them. They meet again and sparks fly. Very quick read, but kept me interested throughout.

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Karol Sibley
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting read

Tingling romantic story. Ms Gold has a style of her own and a fantastic imagination that runs wild. This was a page turner and I am looking forward to #3.
JoAnne
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Doris
Feb 04, 2018
Stacy Gold
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lily Bly
Nov 04, 2018
Nancy
Feb 24, 2018

• While You Were Spying (Love Undercover #1)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Man
  • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
  • Tangle (Dogwood Lane, #2)
  • Sexy Beast (Billion $ Bastards #2)
  • Perfect Obsession
  • Carter (Twilight Falls #2)
  • Under His Obsession: A Steamy Workplace Romance
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Cold Hearted Bastard (Bastard Series, #1)
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Circle of Dreams (Quytel #1)
  • Unforgotten (The Fallen Guardians, #2)
  • The Cheat (Played #1)
  • Every Kiss (Music, Love and Other Miseries, # 0.5)
  • Every Breath (Music, Love & Other Miseries, #2)
Compulsive tea drinker. Outdoor sports junkie. Lover of good (and bad) puns.

Stacy Gold gave up her day job as Communications Director of a nonprofit mountain biking organization to write sassy, steamy, contemporary romance novels. Her stories are packed with strong, independent women finding love and adventure in the great outdoors (Think Sarina Bowen or Elle Kennedy, but with skiing, mountain bi

Emerald Mountain (3 books)
  • Just Friends (Emerald Mountain #1)
  • Never You (Emerald Mountain #3)

News & Interviews