Start by marking “The Castaway King Chronicles: After The Dark (The Castaway King, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Castaway King Chronicles: After The Dark (The Castaway King, #1)

The Castaway King Chronicles: After The Dark (The Castaway King, #1)

Buy it now! Hardcover and paperback available @ www.Thecastawayking.com

Summary:

Pil Persins has never seen the sky. He has never felt the fall of rain or seen the stars on a dark night. For thousands of years Elfin have lived underground, hidden away from the dangers of their world. The coming of the sun above ground means death; monsters awaken and predators hunt.
But it
Hardcover
Published December 7th 2017 by Little Pieces of Paper Publishing (first published November 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Castaway King Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Castaway King Chronicles

Start your review of The Castaway King Chronicles: After The Dark (The Castaway King, #1)
James Trevino
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I talked a few days ago about the TUNNELS series, by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, saying that it is one of my favorite fantasy series and this shares some things with said books. So, as you can imagine, I enjoyed this quite a bit.

AFTER THE DARK tells the story of Pil Persins, one of the elfin. The elfin have lived underground for hundreds of years, hiding from the dangers of the Afterdark, but some of them go the surface in order to gather resources. And so, in his wish to help his poor
gj indieBRAG
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that THE CASTAWAY KING CHRONICLES: AFTER THE DARK by Spencer Labbe is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Brittany Petersen (thecontinuingchronicles)
Rating 3.5/5

I was gifted an ARC copy of this from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

The story follows Pil Persins and his two best friends, Felicity and Dirk as they seek freedom from the oppressive underground life their kind are are forced to live due to the dangers that await above ground. But Pil longs for freedom and a way to provide for his family who lives in poverty in the lower towns of Westleton, one if the last remaining Elfin mounds. To do this, he, Felicity, and Dirk
Melinda
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Melinda Hills for Readers' Favorite

There is even more danger outside of the Elfiin settlement of Westleton than Pil Persins and his friends ever imagined in ‘After the Dark’ by Spencer Labbe. In this first volume of The Castaway King Chronicles, Pil and his friends, Felicity Falon and Dunken Dirk, try out for the elite squad known as the Exidite and manage to be accepted. On their very first day, they are involved in a mission to the topside where monsters and vicious creatures are
Claire P
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book tells the first part of a story of Pil, an Elfin hoping to do great things in a world that is not as it seems. He and his friends face numerous challenges and dangers as they try to become Exidite. The book is set in a fantasy world of darkness and light, of monsters and magic. It’s full of action and suspense and a new surprise around each corner.

I admire many things about this book, from the complex, rich world the
Lindsay
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it

Okay, so first and foremost, I did enjoy the story, and would most certainly continue with the series. It probably sits on the low end of the young adult category, high middle-grade. It's relatively fast-paced, has easy to understand world building, and young characters. It's clean of romance, but a fair bit of violence and death. It also has made-up swear words, making it easier to swear without the actual use of profanity.

I liked most of the characters. I should warn you ahead of time
Brandy Ange
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun young adult adventure story! Granted I am a little older than the target audience, to me the story felt like it was geared toward middle grade readers, with a feel of Divergent meets The Hunger Games.

I enjoyed the characters in the story, especially Felicity and Damien. I liked Pil, the main character, he is a resourceful driven character since he grew up in humble circumstances, where I'm guessing he developed those characteristics for his survival. There were a few instances
Kara Lauren
I enjoyed this book, and look forward to the rest of the series. My favorite characters would have to be Pil and Felicity. Pil has been through a lot. I really liked when they were going through trials to see if they would make the group. That was my favorite part of the book. Then later they adventure out on their own and run into all kinds of trouble. It definitely is a great series for middle grade to YA.

I was gifted an ARC copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are mine.
Vicky
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5**

This was something different from what i usually read but definitely enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing what happens next should there be a second book *crosses fingers*
leigh irwin
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the first page its full of adventure and wonderful friendships and any person who fell i love with the harry potter series will find that love again with this book

very much looking forward to the next installment pil and his friends!
Sienna Kelsier
Ellie
Nov 12, 2018
Tracy Dasilva
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of a young elfin, Pil Persins. In the beginning, we find Pil Persins questioning about the life of an elfin. The elfin have lived underground for more than hundreds of years, hiding from the dangers from the above. But only a selected few go above for the resources which are required for their survival. Pil and his two best friends Felicity Falon and Dunken Dirk want to join this elite group. In order to do that, they register themselves for the trials to join the Exidite. They ...more
BornofMist

• Amsterdam Exposed: An American's Journey Into The Red Light District
  • The Seeing Stone
  • NanoMorphosis
  • The Bellringer
  • Swords of the King (Battle Scars, #3)
Labbé is a 24 year old Fantasy/Fiction writer who's debut series, The Castaway King Chronicles, began its journey into a published piece in November of last year.

Labbé currently lives in Ventura California, with his wife and their three fur babies, Memphis, Hedwig and Tonks.

His influences include J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Suzanne Collins, Alduous Huxley, Margaret Atwood, and Patrick