Start by marking “Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3)” as Want to Read:
Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3)

Lightning Struck

(Brothers Maledetti #3)

Chiara doesn’t like Jack. Jack doesn’t like Chiara.
The story should end there.
Except . . . maybe Chiara finds herself daydreaming far too often about Jack. And maybe Jack finds Chiara aggravating in an adorable sorta way.
Maybe Jack and Chiara find themselves falling in love.
The problem, of course, remains.
Jack is a ghost.
And Chiara is not.

Jack Knight-Snow has had a
Published January 4th 2018 by Fiorenza Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lightning Struck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightning Struck

Start your review of Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3)
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti #3) by Nichole Van is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. I didn't read the first two books but I understood the basics but at times I think it might have helped. I enjoyed the book more than I thought I would. I liked it so much I bought one of the other books. Jack is stuck in a Shadow Land, somewhere in-between life and death and has been for 200 years. He gets pulled through to reality but it doesn't go as planned and he comes over ghost like. ...more
Kathy Jo
4.5 Stars

Chiara has been a problem solver and a fixer from an early age. She can't stand to see people in need and not help them. So it's only natural for her to want to help Jack get his body back so he can move on with his life. But the more time she spends with him, the more she wants to throttle him. How can one man be so frustratingly irritating, yet so handsome?!

To say Jack has had a bad year would be an understatement. He has lost everything he has ever owned and loved. Now he's just a g
Julie Carpenter
4.5* rounding up

Chiara is a spit fire! She's feisty and full of spunk. She's not gonna let anyone tell her she can't do something. And be warned, don't mention that she is short and very petite. Oh heavens, you will get an earful for sure. And possibly a very deadly glare. You have been warned!

On the other hand though, Chiara is a true friend. She loves deeply and will willingly drop everything to help her family and friends, and children. Her impulsiveness and spunk have gotten her into troubl
Katie W
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I love these brothers and their little sister, Chiara, and love that each book focuses on one of them. Their family has a curse that leads to some interesting, tricky, and confusing situations. It's so entertaining to try and figure things out, right alone with the characters, but I honestly can't wrap my head around some of it....yet. This series doesn't necessarily have to be read in order, but I think it's fun to so do. Everything makes a little more sense as the series builds.

What
Kelly
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, 2018
I know that this is supposed to be a stand alone and the author does a good job at telling you the important things from the previous books but I think it would be better to read them in order. The stories of the couples are unique to each book but the story of the brothers and their GUT’s, as their younger selves called themselves, or their Second Sight as what it is. They can see, hear, feel, touch or foresee things to come or see things from the past. This curse as they called it comes into q ...more
Annette
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really enjoy Nichole's writing and the romances that she creates. I love the premise of this series and have enjoyed it, though sometimes I feel like the rules of the otherworldliness aren't known enough for my taste. I have to suspend reality a bit more than I would prefer.
Still, I love her characters and their interactions, and the romance is always spot on.
Kathy
Another fun installment in the Brothers Maledetti series! While this can stand on it's own, you'd want to read the other books first. And this review may contain mild spoilers if you haven't read the other books.

Things I liked:

I think Chiara and Jack are my favorite couple so far. Their relationship development just felt more believable this time around. There is that instant attraction, but it takes them a little while to fall in love. Chiara is a likable characters, I thought her brothers (an
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is the third book in a series. It can be read as a stand alone, but to fully appreciate the story, you will want to read the others. I have only read the second book, so I really need to read the first!

Jack and Chiara are quite the couple. They have some problems. The first is that he is a ghost and she is not. The second is that they are both strong personalities. It leads to some misunderstandings and trust issues. They have loads of chemistry. The banter and the sarcasm were fantastic. I
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I am so hooked on this series!!! I love the details that are revealed with each book, and even though I'm not normally into paranormal, the characters and their relationships are so well grounded in reality that I find the unusual and super creative aspects of the plot fascinating. I had assumed that this third book would be Tennyson's story, the third brother, so it was a surprise to find that Chiara, their younger sister was the main character. She is a hoot. Strong, confident, headstrong, and ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Another fun book by Nichole Van! I'm a fan of her books and I'm always on the lookout for her next book.

This one was intense and volatile! Both in relationships and in the storyline. I sure don't understand how a good lot of the paranormal stuff happens, but I always enjoy these stories. They are engaging and the characters have become familiar to me. The kissing moments in this book were fantastic!! Tingling, toe curling. . . fantastic.

Content: kissing, frequent mild swearing (which I didn't lo
Melissa
This is the third book in this series. It is the sisters story. Chiara is a complex character with a lot of emotional baggage. She drove me a little crazy, but overall I enjoyed this whole story. I love the twists and turns in these books. The men are just amazing and I love them all. Jack is no exception. So much was left undone at the end, but there were no cliff hangers. I am so excited for Tennyson's story:} These are clean romances for 16 and up. Some steamy kisses that are just kisses:}
Nari
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book took a little time to get into and then I was hooked. The chemistry between the two main characters is fun and full of clean sizzle. The story line has twist and turns. Some of the brothers supernatural gifts are kinda confusing but I still very much enjoy reading this series.
Alisa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack Knight-Snow is a ghost who has lost everything. Since 1818 he has been barely existing until the D'Angelo triplets plucked him from the shadow world. Now he half-exists. Chiara D'Angelo is a research specialist and part time Private Investigator who is trying to solve the riddle of Jack's current state of existence.

I loved Jack, especially when his inner 19th century British nobleman comes out. He has done a great job of adjusting to the 21st century - especially since he has lost everythin
Shanda
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Written in NV’s signature style, it was an enjoyable read though probably my least favorite. Something about the way the two main characters relationship developed didn’t make me as invested in them the way as I usually am in a NV book, but like I said at first, it was till an enjoyable read.
 Mummy Cat Claire
I have only ever read one other book (novella) from Van and I really enjoyed that. When I heard about this series I wanted to read her other stuff. I haven't yet read the first two books in this series but oddly enough ( yeah for me) it doesn't matter. You can read this series in any order you wish.

This book begins with a D'Angelo ancestor from 1723, but the reader should be confused about what was happening. (ooohhh)
The book then moves to Florence, Italy, July 2016. Jack Knight-Snow or Lord Kn
Sam B
This is the third installment of the Brothers Maledetti series.
This story focuses on Chiara (the triplet's sister) and Jack, who was introduced in Love's Shadow.

Although it could technically be read as a stand-alone, I don't advise it. To get the most out of the story and understand the character development, it is best these books be read in order. Especially this one, since there is considerable new information about the curse and Jack's story began in the previous book.

I really liked the boo
Alysia
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmmm, I did love this book (once again wishing there was no language in it). I was REALLY wanting to read Tennyson's story, so I was a tad disappointed that this was Chiara's story instead. I do like her, but it felt less urgent to get to her happy ever after because Tennyson needs some resolution. However, after reading some into the story, I did get drawn in. Although, this is probably the most weird of all the ones I've read so far with Gruncle Jack being a main character (in all his ghostly ...more
Melanie Mason
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This book was even more awesome than the last. I was totally sucked in from the very first. I couldn't put it down from start to finish.

I love seeing how messed up Chiara is and how competent Jack is in getting used to the 21st century. I love that he uses voice automation. Score!!

Seeing their relationship develop and seeing how they challenge as well and try each other was awesome. I love it when characters are real. Not perfect, not amazing, real.

They mystery woven throughout the series
Paula Bothwell
Lightning Struck (Brothers Maledetti 3) - PG13
Violence: creepy and disturbing paranormal stuff
Language: fewer than 50
Sex: nope, but as in earlier books, super romantic kisses!

Just like in the earlier two books in the series, the Hero completely makes this book. I'm a little over this heroine and her bizarre, childish, and annoying behaviors. The craziness of the Maledetti curse continues. I like that the curse is a common thread but it doesn't overtake the story.
Christina
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A rollercoaster ride for sure!

I am seriously hooked on this Brothers Maledetti series. Far too many chores have been pushed aside as I just NEEDED to know how things would play out. Chiara and Jack were such great characters in this book, and Chiara especially was just so human and made mistakes. I loved the twists and turns this story took, and can’t wait to dive into the next and final book in the series!
Jamie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I’ve never been one to read sci-fi or fantasy, but these books are FUN! The writing is smart and quirky, the characters are likable.
The description says this is a stand alone novel, but I think I have to go back and re- read 1 and 2.
iamnotabookworm
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, the book I'm reviewing today is Lightning Struck by Nichole Van. This is the third book in the Brothers Maledetti series. Oh, I so love this series. It's not only a romance story but with a lot of very interesting and surprising twists. It has historical fiction, supernatural, and mystery too. That's exactly why I love it. There's a lot of everything in it and it takes me to picturesque Italy too. Fantastic!

In this third installment, this one is about Chiara, the one and only sister of the D
MJSH
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Nichole Van’s writing. It’s clever, witty, funny, intelligent, unconventional and a little bit wacky. Her books have intricately woven plots, wonderfully laid out twists and turns, and heart-achingly broken characters who stay with you even after the last page has been read. This third installment of the Brothers Maledetti series is no exception.

The author has a way with infusing such angst into her main characters, which I love....but, man....the angst of Jack tops them all. I mean, who
Pattisue
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with stories by Nichole Van. Every nuance, foreshadow, or flashback led to a complicated, intricate, finely woven masterpiece. This book took over my top spot for favorite book of 2018. I was completely spellbound, overwhelmed, and channeling Ghost and Somewhere in Time as I devoured each enthralling page.

“The madness came for him at night. Hereditary insanity was their curse. The gift of Second Sight—the ability to see, hear, and feel the past and the future.”

“Notorious treasure
Janine
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wishing for the 4.5 option! I was looking forward to Jack and Chiara's story, and I was not disappointed. Editing was well done.

Although these are probably considered stand alone, it is highly recommended that you read all of the books in the series in order to get the best understanding of the story line. In the last book, Branwell pulled Jack out of the Shadow Land he had been stuck in for about 200 years. However, Jack doesn't exit his time unscathed - he is a literal shadow of his former sel
Heather
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cried. I laughed. I loved.

What could be better than a book with all the feels? Not much, really! This whole series is so marvelous.

The title: 5 stars, I love the theme through the whole book

The characters: 5 stars, I loved them all. Chiara and Jack, spot on perfect. Seeing characters from past books, wonderful. Anticipating Tenn’s story? I want it now!

Character development: so good. Not always strong, but supported with love and patience. With wonderful tidbits of wisdom throughout.

The resolut
Charissa
This story is about Chiara, the triplets’ baby sister who has never had a good relationship with a man. She always seems to sabotage herself to dump or be dumped. Ghost Jack who appeared in book 2 is the MC in this one. I didn’t really think much of him in book 2, but oh mama! He is to die for (pun intended) in this one. Devastatingly handsome in that English Lordly way, and witty, brilliant, and strong enough to stand up against Chiara’s stormy ways. They start off as enemies, but over time com ...more
Amber Jones
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I really wish I had read the two previous books in this series first which I am now dying to read.

Although it can be read as a stand-alone novel, as someone who has read the previous two Brothers Maledetti books I couldn't have loved this book more. Nichole Van is a brilliant writer, infusing the characters with their own unique personalities, and creating a family full of people you can't help but love and root for as they face their life-threatening challenges. So many twists and turns in not
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean, stand alone read even though part of a series.
This was such a clever paranormal read. This series has been so worth the read. Unique, clever elements, and of course, a beautiful romance. While this is a series, and the side characters are part of other books, you can read this without reading other books in the series.
Chiara, the sister in the D’Angelo family is immune from the curse (view spoiler). Jack, a ghost from the past is trying
April
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, romance, fantasy
Chiara is stuck with Jack Knight-Snow, the ghost that came through from the shadow world in Branwell and Lucy's story.
The good: this is a well put together story with good flow.
The bad: Chiara is immature and bratty for about the first half of the book. I had a hard time liking her, but as the story progressed it got better other than how much trouble her impulsiveness landed her in.
It's that impulsiveness that brings a chance for Jack to be present in corporeal form, so it has its uses. The lo
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Note of Change
  • The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon Book 1)
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • A Night in Grosvenor Square
  • A Fall from Grace
  • Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • Worth the Risk (Pine Valley, #1)
  • To Con a Gentleman (Dalton Family #1)
  • My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
  • Seeing Mary (Dalton Family #0.5)
  • Finding Jack (Fairy Tale Flip, #1)
  • Beauty and the Baron (Forever After Retellings, #1)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • Reforming Lord Neil (Inglewood #5)
  • Love Out of Focus
  • Love in the Ballroom (Women of Worth #5)

Brothers Maledetti (4 books)
  • Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti #1)
  • Love's Shadow (Brothers Maledetti #2)
  • A Madness Most Discreet (Brothers Maledetti #4)

News & Interviews