Start by marking “Almost Gothic (Suncoast Society, #65)” as Want to Read:
Almost Gothic (Suncoast Society, #65)

Almost Gothic

(Suncoast Society #65)

(Suncoast Society series book #65)

[MF, FLR, FemDom, BDSM]

Rusty’s childhood is far darker than it looks on the surface. When he falls in love with Eliza on the day they meet in high school, he knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with her, no matter how long he has to wait. Even if it means waiting forever.

Eliza has no plans to get married—her education comes first.
ebook
Published January 22nd 2018 by Siren-BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about Almost Gothic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Gothic

Start your review of Almost Gothic (Suncoast Society, #65)
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Trusty Rusty comes with a dark unexpected past. He's the sweet and quiet secondary character in this series. Finally getting his and Eliza's story is a treat. I particularly enjoy femdom and this one is so good. For those who have not read other books in this series, this book can be read as a standalone. For those who have been waiting to learn about Eliza and Rusty's story, this is an emotional one.

After learning how Eliza is an intense little ninja, it is clear why she and June are friends.
Pam
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book #65, Suncoast Society series. Tymber Dalton is at her very best in this heart-wrenching story of overwhelming trauma and the healing power of love

From the moment Rusty met Eliza in high school, he knew he loved her. But are things ever really that simple? While Rusty may be happy, responsible, and loving on the outside, he carries darkness deep in his soul, darkness he's never revealed to anyone. As Rusty and Eliza become friends, Rusty's utterly devoted to her. Despite that, Eliza's
Melanie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this Suncoast Society book we get the back story of Rusty and Eliza. It is raw and real. My heart went out to Rusty, as we learned what contributed to him being the way he is. The young love he and Eliza had turned into something way more than I can even imagine. The dynamics of their relationship started back when they were children and grew into the Mistress/barbarian sub and the Lady and her knight it is in the present. I like the style of writing, going back and forth from past to present ...more
Deanne Taylor
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for the story of Rusty and Eliza.
The Barbarian fascinates me, and the way they interact along with the Knight and his Lady roles were just amazing.
They've been together for 30 years and I needed to know their story. It was heart breaking and I was in tears in parts of it. I also enjoyed the humorous parts and the Sexy scenes were very hot but the emotional parts were the best ever.
Let's just say I wasn't prepared for the emotional punch I got from this one. I haven't read all
Kristinmarie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book we see the high school love of Rusty and Eliza. Their story starts in the present and touches between now and the beginning of their love. It is a sweet relationship between them as they flesh out their rolls as a knight and his lady, and what that all entails over the years. This story helps to answer some questions we may have had about their history. How they take the bad with the good. This one was another where I could not stop till it was finished. A great story.
karinova
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring, dnf, bad-writing, f-m
Just awful, I'm afraid.
Boring. Not really a standalone. (Five full pages of inelegantly plopped, incredibly boring exposition about previous-to-this-book events/characters? Yikes.) Terrible sex scenes. Awkward writing. Erroneous smirking. Boring. And the only thing that feels real is… their disgusting snot factory of a dog. I definitely felt something there! Unfortunately.

Quit at 40 pages, and that was easily 20 pages too many.
Toi
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally we get the back story of Eliza and Rusty – and let me tell you it was worth it – you won’t believe what happened in their younger years and it’s nice to see a couple who have been together that long and been through everything that they have – all I can say is Eliza is a badass, I love her.
Bibliophagist
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. Those familiar with the Suncoast Society books know Eliza and Rusty. We've always known they had a unique relationship but in Almost Gothic, we learn why. It honestly was not at all what I thought. Eliza may be Ma'am, but she is loving and fiercely protective. Rusty may be the knight but he's far from a pushover.
As the story unfolded, my heart broke for poor Rusty. I am glad he had Eliza and her family there for him. There is a lot of sadness but there is a lot of goodness
Angel_Angiej
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did not see this storyline coming for Rusty and Eliza but what a heartbroken story it is.

Tymber is good at making connections between the characters. We get to know Rusty and Eliza as side characters in other books. That made it easier to go a bit deeper into the why and how of the relationship between them.

Of course there are other side characters in this story (through out the whole series really) but it isn't too much. It rather feels like you're getting an update about a close family
Rhonda
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The latest book by Tymber Dalton is just another story that will tear your heart out. This is Rusty and Eliza's story. They've known each other since high school and she because his lady and he was her Knight. I can't really go into details about the story because it would give it away but oh man, I had to bring out my crying towel again with this one. Rusty has a very dark past and when Eliza finds out, she will protect him with everything in her. Time goes on and only Eliza can keep the demons ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, series-books
It is always fun when characters who have been a part of the larger picture finally get to tell their story. Eliza is a remarkable woman who is strong and capable of giving Rusty exactly what he needs to lead a wonderful life. With the flashbacks we get to see this strength was forged early in her life. Rusty is holding onto much darkness but has his own strength. He also has a strong protective streak. He knows what he needs from Eliza even when he can't ask for it. Together they are formidable ...more
Adelaide
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stop messing with my feelings.

I have loved Rusty's character since I first ran across him in an earlier story. Now I just want to hug and squeeze him and love on him forever. Your slightly broken/damaged characters make me feel more connect to them over authors who write "perfect" or "flawless" ones. Your stories contain a more human connection for the readers.
Angie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eliza and Rusty have been secondary characters of many books in the Suncoast Society series so it is wonderful to read their story. This couple has always intrigued me because of their Lady and her Knight dynamic. We finally learn about Rusty's past, how they met and fell in love and how Eliza's natural dominance helped them to become the couple they are. I loved this romance and look forward to catching up with these two as the series continues.
Bethany
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This brings Rusty's playfulness into correct view. I new that Eliza was scary, like June scary, but WOW. It's a good thing she didn't have long to "plan" her attack. The love they have for each other is amazing!
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We finally get Rusty & Eliza's story. There are some tough scenes as Rusty relive his past but it helps us understand why he is the way he is. Eliza is the heroine of heroines. Protecting her man and making sure he is safe. Great story of an established couple and their path to a happy life.
Louise
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2018-book-wars, bdsm
Loved finally getting the back story of Eliza and Rusty - one of the more emotionally charged of the series in quite a while. It provides such a sound rationale for the dynamic between the two, and it totally worked for me. Warning: Rusty’s past could be a trigger for some.
Toi
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mary
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rusty and Eliza are a favorite couple in The Suncoast Society and it was great to get their story. What Rusty went through as a child was horrible and I cheered when Eliza took care of that situation for him. Nothing will make him forget but he knows she lives him and will do anything for him. What little was revealed about their daughter Kailey made me want her story. I hope at some point Kailey screams for her story to be told. Actually I am always hoping for another kid party where the older ...more
andrea moran
Mar 08, 2018
Natalie
Mar 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beneath the Scars (Masters of the Shadowlands, #13)
  • Governor (Governor Trilogy, #1)
  • Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy, #2)
  • Chief (Governor Trilogy, #3)
  • Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Ink Mistress (Billionaires in Bondage, #2)
  • Defiance (Masters of the Shadowlands, #13.5)
  • Yours to Take (The Connaghers, #4)
  • Terms of Service (The Heretic Doms Club, #2)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • On His Knees (Blasphemy #4)
  • Nobody Does It Better (Masters and Mercenaries, #15)
  • Memento Mori (Masters & Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #1)
  • Leap of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #4)
  • Lyon on a Leash
  • The Choice (Doms of Her Life: Heavenly Rising 1)
  • Burning For Her Kiss (Serpent's Kiss, #1)
  • Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4)
Lesli Richardson is the writer behind the curtain of her better-known pen name, Tymber Dalton (her "wild child" side). She lives in the Tampa Bay region of Florida with her husband, writer Jon Dalton, (aka "The World's Best Husband") and too many pets. When she's not playing D&D with her friends or shooting skeet, she's a part-time Viking shield-maiden in training, among other pursuits. The ...more

Suncoast Society (1 - 10 of 96 books)
  • Safe Harbor (Suncoast Society, #1)
  • Domme by Default (Suncoast Society, #2)
  • Cardinal's Rule (Suncoast Society, #3)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Pinch Me (Suncoast Society, #6)
  • Broken Toy (Suncoast Society, #7)
  • A Clean Sweep (Suncoast Society, #8)
  • A Roll of the Dice (Suncoast Society, #9)
  • His Canvas (Suncoast Society, #10)