Start by marking “Nihal della terra del vento (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nihal della terra del vento (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #1)

Nihal della terra del vento

(Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso #1)

Nihal è davvero strana, nel Mondo Emerso sembra non esserci nessuno come lei: grandi occhi viola, orecchie appuntite, capelli blu. È stata cresciuta da un armaiolo e vive in una delle tante città-torri della Terra del Vento, giocando a combattere insieme a un gruppo di amici che l'ha eletta capo per la sua forza e agilità. Ma tutto cambia all'improvviso quando la Terra del ...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Mondadori (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nihal della terra del vento, please sign up.
Gabriela Nogueira Yes, there is. But is a quite frustrating one, but is a good book.

Brianne Reeves
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This book is originally an Italian novel that has been translated to German and is being released next week in English.

Nihal is a young girl who wants to be a warrior. She’s raised by her father, an armorer who has always let her run wild. She’s a gifted swordsman and has some magic ability. When her town is raided by the Tyrant’s forces, Nihal leaves in defense of the Land of the Wind.

My problems with this book are many, so be warned.

First and foremost, Nihal is a highly capable fighter with g
Kay An P.
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
**I read this book in the original language, so I cannot judge the English translation**

I had truly high expectations for this one, and I'm so disappointed.
The world-building was nice, nothing too original, but still fun to discover. The story itself had potential, and it was obviously meant to ooze beautiful morals.

But gods, the delivery was childish. And I don't mean that its intended audience might have been children, because its explicit violence makes it at least a YA, and I've read middle-
Jessica

Vague spoilers because I can't talk of this and not give anything away!

This was such a wonderful read.

I really loved this.

I love the world building in the story, it's like you're there within the story as you read. There isn't any purple prose, no over exaggeration of things like a character's actions or behavior. Everything was expertly done.

I really loved how the story was an coming of age story for Nihal, how as the story progressed she grew along with it. It was wonderful to read of her c
Dana

This was a very middle of the road book for me. It held my attention but at no point was I ever intrigued. The main character is average(well apart from her godly fighting skills and beauty). I didn't really feel connected to her or the her world much when reading this.

The overall plot had promise but the pace was way too slow for me. This is not by any means a bad novel, but I would not recommend buying this. For me this is a solid library checkout. Hopefully this series gets better as it progr
Sam at A Journey Through Pages
Thanks to Netgalley and Open Road Intergrated Media for allowing me to read this.

Nihal of the Land of the Wind was originally written in Italian and published and Italy. This makes for a very interesting problem while reviewing, especially when it comes to critiques since it's not just the original author's writing, but also how well the translator was able to mimic the style of the author in another language. Sometimes the prose ends up becoming stilted and unnatural in the new language and it'
Carly
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bestest, young-adult
I LOVED this series so much!!! I wish that they were in English so more people could read them! The characters were amazing, and I loved how they grew as the books went on. Such a fun read!
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://www.multitaskingmommas.com/201...

I was really excited to read about Nihal. After all, a book about a girl that's described as an elf, dragons, righteous battles, magic - it's just full of stuff I like to lose myself in. It started out really strong: the first chapter is beautifully described and the terrors that Nihal and her friends caused throughout the village had me chuckling a time or two. But as the book wore on, I found I was looking for the end of each chapter
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
NIHAL OF THE LAND OF THE WIND reminds me of other classic girl-in-a-man's-world stories. Her character starts out young and enthusiastic about becoming a warrior, but over time she is beset by challenges. She overcomes these hurdles one after another, but not without learning lessons that harden her.

The style of presentation is the most difficult part of this book to accept. Some of the dialog is awkward, and the writing is frequently stilted and flat. And worse, sometimes I couldn't tell what w
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
requested ARC from Netgalley

Nihal lives in one of the many towers of the Land of the Wind. There is nobody like her in the Overworld: big violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. She is an expert in swordplay and the leader of a handful of friends that includes Sennar the wizard. She has no parents; brought up by an armorer and a sorceress, Nihal seems to be from nowhere.

Things suddenly change when the Tyrant takes charge. Nihal finds herself forced to take action when she is faced with the mos
Amber
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I want more! Hoping the rest of the series is translated soon.

Full review: http://casualreadersbookclub.blogspot...

*I received this copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review, and opinions are mine alone.
Sarah Marie
Nihal of the Wind by Licia Troisi

First book in the Chronicles of the Overworld Trilogy

“Just as nature gives life to the creatures of this world, an armorer forges the blade from fire and iron.”

Nihal lives in the Land of the Wind, a section of the Overworld, but no one in the Overworld is like Nihal. She has violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. When we meet her, she is a fierce fighter at the age of thirteen and loves to fight. She meets Sennar, a young wizard, who challenges her an

Nicko Moknu
May contain spoilers! Read at your own risk!

If you're wondering what's wrong with me and why am I doing reviews for books I've already read, I'll inform you that I've read a lot of books that I have very strong opinions of and that I haven't written a review for, maybe because I wasn't in the mood at the time or did not know what to write.
Now that I have more experience in these kinds of things I can go back to the books I've read earlier this year (2014) or in the past years and give at least
Keyreads
May 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a copy via NetGalley from the publisher for an honest review.

This is the story of Nihal of Salazar, a young girl with blue hair, purple eyes, and pointy ears. Unlike most girls her age, she enjoys sword play instead of daydreaming of her future husband & playing dress up. One day, she meets a boy who tricks her with magic during a duel. Determined to defeat this boy, she sets herself on quest to learn magic and eventually defeat her enemies and avenge her family.

My Thoughts
I was
Ava Ryder
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ava by: A friend of mine
Great book. Really enjoyed reading it. I would reccommend this book to everyone who love fantasy literature. I liked the fact that Troisi tried to make as little cliques as possible. The plot is good but a little childish in the begining. I love the characters and I liked that they are complex and continue to develop in the next books.
Sláinte Wanderlust
I really enjoyed this fantasy novel, it is a beginning of a series with I would love to continue reading.

Amazon UK Link
jannaphia
2.5 ☆☆

This used to be my favourite book. How does it hold up now? Not good. Not good at all.
But now I know why I used to write so fucking depressive stories when I was twelve lmao
Camilla (ReaderintheAttic)
First of all: a premise. This is the second time I read this book. When I was little - around thirteen yeart old - Troisi's books where my favorites. I loved her heroines, worlds, magics... and so, since the author published the first book of a new series, I decided that it was time to read again all her books. Despite the horrible consequences, I'm happy to have read again the first book of Nihal's trilogy.
Anyway, right now, with my twenty-three years of life, I can totally write that: this isn
Jillian Lopez
I feel very guilty because I requested this EXACTLY a year ago from the publisher when I was still an amateur blogger, and have only remembered it sitting in my Kindle Fire just last week. (Way to go, Jill.) But anyway, I have very mixed feelings with this book, and I can't really pinpoint if I like this book or not. It's all too confusing!

Here, we see Nihal who, aspiring to be a warrior, introduces herself to several means that would help her become a better warrior since she'd encountered Senn
Yomna hosny
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*Thank you Netgalley for providing a free advanced copy of this book for review*
This book was a gem. I have no prior experience with Italian literature aside from flicking through the divine comedy way back when. Italian high fantasy is entirely new territory for me.

* Nihal, In Arabic(نهال) means: She who has drunk from the well/content or joyful. in Persian it means sapling. Just thought I'd share that with you since it was what originally caught my eye.

This story follows Nihal*, a girl whose m
Kayla Edwards
This is the story of a young girl trying to understand herself and her place in a war. She's not like everyone around her; her pointy ears and blue hair mark her as different. She also happens to want to fight alongside men and not many are supportive of her decision. She is determined to fight in this war, but is she fighting for the right reasons?

I am completely entranced by Nihal. Very rarely do I read a story where the heroine is a real person. She is confused, cocky, over-confident, scared;
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

Nihal of the Land of the Wind borders somewhere on the line of being Middle Grade book and a Young Adult book. Kind of like Harry Potter. It was like that in the first two or three books of that series too. The main character is 13 years old, she's awesome with a sword so what's not to love about that? It's a quick, fun and easy read. The world in this book is easy to get lost in and I ended up finishing this book in a couple of hours. I do intend
Claudiu
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of constantly crying girls, cliche young adult fantasy
I don't really know if it was the translation at fault, or if the book itself was a problem, but this really couldn't grip me properly. The story was nice, the characters (for the most part) were interesting and the world had promise.
But the dialogue was simply painful to read and most of the book's plot amounts to little more than just ticking all the right cliches for a story of this sort.

I really don't know if I want to spend my money on the sequels for the book, or if I even care enough for
Analouise Keating
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kudos to Open Road Media for publishing the English translation of this novel. Nihal is a great protagonist for YA readers. She's strong but not perfect, smart but not brilliant, and develops throughout the novel. Interesting world-building. An enjoyable read.
pi
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars
HansSolo
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a hard one to review. My criticism will focus heavily on the writing style, to which I should mention, that I red the book in the German translation. So maybe, some of the graver problems do not exist in the original. But I highly doubt that.

I re-red it recently and I am torn between an emotional and a rational review. Because I red the entire series the first time around 8 years ago and I loved it. I soaked in every word and it shaped my appreciation for writing and my imagination in m
Erica LittleWell
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I liked very much the location and the characters: Nihal is strong and her story is very sad but sometimes she is not realist ( she is too perfect).
My other favorite charcters are Sennar ( I love so much him), Ido and Soana.
If you like fantasy this book is interesting.
chris ☾
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
she's not like other girls /s
Valerie
May 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-read
I received an e-ARC of this book from NetGalley. Thank you Open Road Media!

If I'm correct, Nihal of the Land of the Wind is translated from Spanish jk IT'S ITALIAN, and has actually been around since 2004, and is called Nihal della terra del vento (plus it has a badass cover to go along with it, which doesn't exactly fit with the contents of the story). So basically, this is an English translated version that's being published in five days.

My first impressions of the cover and the name caused m
Kristin
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written

Nihal is as beautifully flawed a character as I've ever had the privilege to read about. Masterfully written, I could not put this book down.
Jess
I love me a capable female lead. And heck, who doesn't love an elf with a sword? Looks interesting, Hopefully will get an ARC from Netgalley!

YAY!!!!! Can't wait to read this. And SO SO SO glad the cover is better than the old version, though barf would have been an improvement over that metal chick... icky. Not pretty.

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGG this was a good book. I really loved Nihal. She's awesome. I think what I liked is that things did not come easily for her, she had to work hard; she wasn't
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a new book/ ISBN already taken 3 16 May 07, 2014 06:44AM

• Lágrimas do Sol e da Lua (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #3)
  • Das unendliche Licht (Die Chroniken der Nebelkriege, #1)
  • Gens Arcana
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
  • Oscuridad
  • Protector of the Grove (The Bowl of Souls, #7 / Jharro Grove Saga, #2)
  • The Last Enchanter  (Celestine Chronicles #2)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • The Stone of Valhalla
  • A Feast of Sorrows
  • The Vacant Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #3)
  • Das Geheimnis der singenden Stadt (Malfuria, #1)
  • Six Heirs (The Secret of Ji, #1)
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
Licia Troisi was born in Ostia, a little place by the sea near Rome. She’s been passionate about writing since her childhood. She took classical studies at high school and studied astrophysics in the university. She started to write her first trilogy, Cronache del Mondo Emerso (Chronicles from the Emerged World), at the age of 21.
She got married in 2007 and is currently a PhD student in Rome. Musi

Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso (4 books)
  • La missione di Sennar (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #2)
  • Il talismano del potere (Le Cronache del Mondo Emerso, #3)
  • Cronache del Mondo Emerso. Le storie perdute
“Tu hai paura di vivere. Ogni volta che scendi in campo speri che arrivi un colpo di spada che ti sollevi dalla responsabilità di affrontare la tua vita. Cosa credi, che ci voglia coraggio per morire? Morire è facile. È vivere che richiede coraggio. Sei una codarda, Nihal.” 4 likes
“La paura è un’amica pericolosa: devi imparare a controllarla, ad ascoltare quello che ti dice. Se ci riesci, ti aiuterà a fare bene il tuo dovere. Se lasci che sia lei a dominarti, ti porterà alla fossa.” 2 likes