Start by marking “The Pseudonomicon” as Want to Read:
The Pseudonomicon

The Pseudonomicon

It is generally agreed by magicians that working with the Cthulhu Mythos is dangerous due to the high risk of obsession, personality disintegration or infestation by parasitic shells. This book introduces Cthulhu, the priest of the great old ones.
Published August 1st 2004 by New Falcon Publications (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Pseudonomicon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pseudonomicon

Start your review of The Pseudonomicon
Steve Cran
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A short read that breezes you effectively into Chaos magick. I should warn you however that this book may shake your foundations and give you a different view of magic then what you are used to. Getting to know the deities of the Ctullu mythos is a process that may well lead to madness. But then again why practice magic if you are not ready to have your visions of reality challenged and deconstructed. To fully know the gods is to let their madness was over you. Ctullu is a giant octopus being ...more
Valenfore Alestreneon
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the most dangerous type of Magik you can ever practice. Hine does a phenomenal job addressing the dark night of the soul in the beginning as well as the flaws of Occultism to try to make everything into a "symbol". Beware though. If you're Magikally inclined but not mentally strong and have not rectified your inner ills, you may be in big, BIG trouble as Lovecraftian Magik is practically it's own Talisman, much like the Ouija Board. Personality dissentigration does suck, I've been ...more
Shea Mastison
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reading this a second time, especially after reading Liber Null/Psychonaut soon before, was enlightening. Using the Lovecraft mythos to channel ones magic is an idea that I thought I had originated--never being too concerned about the objective truth surrounding magic, I figured that it was a realm of fiction uniquely suited for a modern magician.

If Lovecraft is your thing, or if you're into what's commonly called "chaos magick" (ugh, I hate the whole 'k' nonsense)--then check this out.
Alex  Miranda
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
the best book I've encountered that attempts to create a manual for lovecraftian magick
Bill Wallace
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Way back in the early 70s, when the last of the Great Old Ones still walked the Earth, I was deeply immersed in Lovecraft fandom, a small but active subculture that published zines, held conventions, and corresponded in a suitably Lovecraftian manner. Of all the fans I met then, I only had one encounter with an intense, bearded young fellow who believed it was all true, or thinly disguised truth. Then came the Lavey Satanic Rituals book with its moronic invocations of various elder gods, ...more
Lizbeth Gabriel
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this one many years ago, and back then I did not fully appreciate it. Now that I re-read it, I can say it is one of the best of its kind. I am not particularly interested in becoming acquainted with the Old Ones on a personal level, let alone going mad. (Or at least, not madder than I already am. ;) However this little volume gives a plethora of information on how the Old Ones can be understood in relation to our human perception of the world, as well as some very valid observations on ...more
Edric Unsane
The Pseudonomicon is interesting if you are interested in working in the Cthulhu Mythos magically. This book wasn't for me, but it still contains some great interpretations and ideas for incorporating the mythos into your practice.
Rex Ross
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Chaos magickians, Lovecraftian Mythos fans
This is a short but awesome book on Lovecraftian magick. It gives suggestive ideas instead of detail oriented rituals so if you lack imagination or not of an artistic bent this might not be for you. I especially enjoyed the latter of the book going into the pathworking and his account of a Tsathoggua healing with his friend. Excellent read!
Marlee
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet. 60 pages of reading and is now out of print from what I understand. I found it organized a lot of already gathered information gathered from online resources, my old main resource for all thing occult.

An eye opener.
Matt Moran
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Probably not for the inexperienced or the weak minded at least not to do themselves, but a useful illustration of the principles of Chaos Magic.
Scott Ferry
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of the better books on comprehensive workings with Lovecraft Mythos
Erik Dahl
Lee Hinkle
Feb 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Liber Null and Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic
  • Magickal Servitors: Create Your Own Spirits to Attract Pleasure, Power and Prosperity
  • The Satanic Bible
  • Liber Kaos
  • Psybermagick: Advanced Ideas in Chaos Magick
  • Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
  • Wicca Magic Starter Kit: Candle Magic, Crystal Magic, and Herbal Magic
  • Wicca for Beginners: A Guide to Wiccan Beliefs, Rituals, Magic, and Witchcraft (Wicca Books Book 1)
  • Wicca Book of Shadows: A Beginner's Guide to Keeping Your Own Book of Shadows and the History of Grimoires
  • Wicca Book of Crystal Spells: A Book of Shadows for Wiccans, Witches, and Other Practitioners of Crystal Magic (Wiccan Spell Books 3)
  • Wicca Starter Kit: Wicca for Beginners, Finding Your Path, and Living a Magical Life
  • Wicca Wheel of the Year Magic: A Beginner's Guide to the Sabbats, with History, Symbolism, Celebration Ideas, and Dedicated Sabbat Spells
  • Modern Witchcraft and Magic for Beginners: A Guide to Traditional and Contemporary Paths, with Magical Techniques for the Beginner Witch
  • Wicca Altar and Tools: A Beginner’s Guide to Wiccan Altars, Tools for Spellwork, and Casting the Circle
  • Wicca Essential Oils Magic: A Beginner's Guide to Working with Magical Oils, with Simple Recipes and Spells
  • Wicca Finding Your Path: A Beginner's Guide to Wiccan Traditions, Solitary Practitioners, Eclectic Witches, Covens, and Circles
  • Wicca Spellbook Starter Kit: A Book of Candle, Crystal, and Herbal Spells
  • Failure Is an Option: An Attempted Memoir
Phil Hine is an author and occasional lecturer on a variety of occult & related subjects, when he gets time away from producing print & digital magazines & IT Management. He edited an acclaimed Pagan magazine - Pagan News for five years.