Start by marking “The Staff of Fire and Bone” as Want to Read:
The Staff of Fire and Bone

The Staff of Fire and Bone

CEdron, already isolated as the Regent's son, has a ShAeli demon for a mother. Approaching manhood, his demonic powers manifest. Blamed for the earth shakes ripping through the land, CEdron must flee, hunted by those who would kill him and others who will exploit his powers. He races against time to find the real cause of the destruction. CEdron has to become a hero or joi ...more
Paperback
Published January 30th 2018 by Not a Pipe Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Staff of Fire and Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Staff of Fire and Bone

Start your review of The Staff of Fire and Bone
Carole P. Roman
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cédron Varkasa is an unwelcomed half-breed. While his father is the Regent, his mother is a powerful Shäeli demon. He will soon inherit abilities that frighten the people of Muralia.
Cédron is desperate for acceptance and jealous of his half-brother's status as the favored warrior. He seeks his father's approval.
When a natural disaster threatens his home, Cédron runs away. He must choose between the forces of good and evil and find the right place in his world.
Excellent world building with diver
Benjamin Gorman
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent adventure. I got to read an advance review copy, and I loved it. There's so much to enjoy here, it's hard to know where to start. The world of Muralia is vast and richly conceived. Its different races of people are culturally distinct and wary of each other, and they struggle to come together when faced with a common foe, adding a layer to the challenge faced by the main characters who are charged with uniting the various peoples and saving this world from impending doom. Th ...more
Karen Eisenbrey
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic, fantasy
I received a review copy of the e-book from the publisher.

The Staff of Fire and Bone is a thrilling tale of a misfit with a destiny to save the world of Muralia—and the power to destroy it. Cedron is the son and presumptive heir to the Regent of Dulnat, but he is hated for his mixed parentage in a world where the four peoples prize racial purity. It doesn't help that he has recently manifested uncanny and barely controlled magical power. When he is blamed for a disaster during a festival, Cedron
Sang Kromah
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many books on my 2018 to-be-read list on Goodreads and I'm proud to say that all of those books are written by female authors. My goal is to read at least one book from that list a week and last week, I completed Mikko Azul's The Staff of Fire and Bone. I wanted to post my review immediately after completing it, but since today (January 30th) is the book's publishing birthday, I decided to wait and offer my review as a book birthday gift.

Read the entire review here http://www.projgi
Heather Ransom
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly stunning coming of age fantasy tale – Staff of Fire and Bone is an epic account of friendship filled with imaginative characters and creatures. Azul’s amazing gift for description immerses us immediately in an intricately woven story where the corruption of power has bred sinister plots leading to prejudice and promises of exploitation. As Cedron’s story beautifully unfolds, we ache with his pain and hopelessness as he struggles to discover who he truly is and what is expected of him. In ...more
Emmett J.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong writing pulls me into this epic tale of a alternate world of lizard people, those bonded with great flying beasts and a protagonist half sorcerer half demon that is tasked to keep the evil demon locked away in the abyss.

Mikko weaves a tale where friends, allies and those forged in an uneasy truce have to work together to aid the young sorcerer-demon's quest to obtain the items from several God's that don't especially want to give them up. Can he get what he needs? If treacherous forces,
Sydney Culpepper
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First: this is not a standalone, as I thought when I first read it. Phew!

Azul has crafted a beautiful, intricate world with various races, cultures, and a beautiful magic system and religion. This tale is exciting, bringing new twists and turns as the story unfolds.

The characters have complex motivations, the action was thrilling, and the soft, tender, and at times devastating moments brought me to my knees.

The narrative easily switches between characters, beginning plots in multiple parts of th
M.K. Martin
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Muralia is a place of mystery and wonder but the people who once untied to defeat the great evil threatening the world have become divided, fractured into different races until they are virtual cut off from one another. Enter Cedron, the mixed-race heir apparent to the Regent of Dulnat. Considered by some to be a demon because of his mother, Cedron's blossoming magical powers only serve to fan the flames of fear towards him. Meanwhile, his half-brother, beloved of the people, may or may not be a ...more
Dede Montgomery
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this book, as I very rarely read this genre. At first I wasn’t sure, given that I rarely read fantasy, if I’d be able to stay with its length. However, I was impressed with the detail of plot and character, fascinated by the storyline and fully absorbed.
Brody
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is great for people who like adventure and stuff about demonic entity's this book is great at making you feel like your along the ride with all the characters having the right amount of detail to make us able to see in a 360 view of the world.
Braxton Duncan
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Staff Of Fire and Bone is an exciting and interesting novel. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone that enjoys reading and even if you don't enjoy reading this book will get you too.
Kris Younger
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book written by a great person
Melissa Cheresnick
Susan White
Jun 10, 2020

• Survivors' Club
  • Witches' Forest
  • The Censor's Hand (Thrice~Crossed Swords Trilogy #1)
  • Wrestling Demons
  • Djinn
  • Shadowgirl
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Frontier Grit: The Unlikely True Stories of Daring Pioneer Women
  • A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II
  • Heirs of the Founders: The Epic Rivalry of Henry Clay, John Calhoun and Daniel Webster, the Second Generation of American Giants
  • The Case Against Socialism
  • The Men Who United the States: America's Explorers, Inventors, Eccentrics and Mavericks, and the Creation of One Nation, Indivisible
  • Mountain Gods
  • Dungeness
  • The Digital Storm: A Science Fiction Reimagining of William Shakespeare's the Tempest
  • Remote: Finding Home in the Bitterroots
  • Lives of Girls and Women
Mikko Azul is the award-winning author of Askari and The Staff of Fire and Bone. An avid fan of both Clive Cussler and Terry Brooks, Azul mixes fast-paced action and epic high fantasy to brilliant effect.

AWARDS