Start by marking “The Beau & the Belle” as Want to Read:
The Beau & the Belle

The Beau & the Belle

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  4,988 Ratings  ·  636 Reviews
Beau Fortier starred in most of my cringe-worthy teenage fantasies.

I met him when I was a junior in high school, a time that revolved exclusively around bad hair, failed forays into flirting, and scientific inquiries into which brand of toilet paper worked best for stuffing bras.

That is, until Beau moved into the small guest house just beyond my bedroom window.

A 24-year-o
346 pages
Published February 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Beau & the Belle, please sign up.
Monique Sikorskiy I was confused about this too, since there was a hurricane audrey in 1957. I wish that the name would've been different since it's supposed to be a…moreI was confused about this too, since there was a hurricane audrey in 1957. I wish that the name would've been different since it's supposed to be a fictional hurricane. It really messed up the plot/timeline for me.(less)

Katerina
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 "the Queen of rom-coms delivers once more" stars!!

An extract of the dialogue that took place between my Brain and my Heart after I finished The Beau & the Belle is cited below. There might be some inconsistencies because I was still flushed from the sizzling chemistry between Lauren and Beau. You have been warned.

Brain: *cries in silence*
Heart: What is wrong, Brain? I thought we were happy.
Brain: Error 404.
Heart: What?
Brain: My cells cannot function properly. I think they're clouded from
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 stars!

You can have all my money, Ms. Grey. Have it all. Even my soul. Your books feed it anyway; you might as well have it. Reading The Beau and the Belle brought butterflies to my stomach and a perma-smile on my face! The hero made me swoon, and the heroine made me laugh so much. Plus, it's set in New Orleans, a place I've always wanted to visit.

Remember when we were in high school and we daydreamed about crushes? The popular upperclassman, the best friend's older brother, the guy next doo
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

This is the kiss I wanted 10 years ago. This is what I begged him for, and now that I have it, I don’t want to let it go.

THE BEAU AND THE BELLE is a sweet second chance romance between two people who couldn’t act on their feelings the first time they became a part of each other’s lives but ten years later things have changed and now it’s a battle of wills that stand in their way.

Beau Fortier was in his last year of law school at Tulane Univ
Dilek VT
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: misleading-blurb
Blurb misleading, plot execution weak :(

The plot:

Lauren and Beau first meet when Beau rents a room in their house. He is 24 whereas she is 17. Lauren practically throws herself at him at every chance but he acts in the most proper way, saying that she is too young for him.

He finds her beautiful but he never acts upon it and he never lets her seduce him even when she appears in his bedroom one night. He is a perfect guy in so many ways. Also, he respects her parents.

But of course, this rejecti
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON http://amzn.to/2DVSRNd

5 AMAZING STARS <3

There are no words to describe or express how amazing this story is!I have said it before and i will never stop saying that R.S. Grey is so talented! She really nailed this one!The Beau & the Belle has everything I wanted in a story and even more, slow burn,fun moments and a sweet romance!

description

I adored Lauren and Beau!Lauren is fun,strong and lovable.Beau is perfect, I loved him so much!They have an amazing chemistry and I simply couldn't get
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Audiobook Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Overall Rating: 4.5 stars
Story: 4.5 stars
Performance: 5 stars

STORY OVERVIEW AND REVIEW

The Beau and the Belle is a feel-good, slow-burn, second chance romance that will make you laugh and fall in love. What to expect from TB&TB: New Orleans. A gentleman hero who works hard, loves his mother and has perfected the art of the slow seduction. A strong and relatable heroine. Sexual and non-sexual touching. Feels.

The Beau & the Belle takes us back in time
Ida
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. ⭐
Its definitely a fun read, and R.S. Grey is with out a doubt an incredible author, I just expected something different from the blurb.

The blurb:
Beau Fortier starred in most of my cringe-worthy teenage fantasies.
That is, until Beau moved into the small guest house just bey
Chelsea Humphrey
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was my first read from Grey and it was so much fun! I'm trying to include more upbeat books in my line up, and also to be more whimsical in my choices without having such a rigid, set schedule. (Look at me being fun and living by the seat of my pants!) I found myself chuckling so hard at times that Mr. Humphrey had to rush down and make sure I wasn't descending the stairs again trying to make a blanket billow like a cape. Highly recommended folks!
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it

OMG this book!!!!!

I jumped into this book blind, because at this point, whatever RS GREY writes I'll read. She is the author of one of my all time favorite novels SCORING WILDER and her books just work for me.

The Beau & The Belle was a fantastic novel, featuring one of the most endearing heroines. Lauren LeBlanc was engaging, funny, sweet, dorky, and all in all a truly unique and distinctive character. I would love to call her my best friend. She made me crack up. Her straight forwa
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
So, I popped my R.S. Grey cherry on this one.

Yep... and I loved it!

This was a fun, contemporary, second chance romance.
I will admit, the blurb on this one is, IMO, misleading.

description

Well, I picked this up thinking I'd be getting an alphahole hero and a tough as nails badass heroine who as gonna teach alphahole hero a lesson. Yeah, sooo not that.

description

24-year-old Beau was actually a perfect gentleman when 17-year-old Lauren tries desperately to put the moves on him. Uh, duh... dude wasn't going to jail over
Jemima

Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: February 1st, 2018

ARC

This is it.
This is the moment I declare myself an R.S. Grey fan.
Alright, alright, alright... I see what all the hype is all about... I am a convert! I have joined the mass of R.S. Grey fans...

The Beau & The Belle is such a beautiful book! I am utterly besotted with these two characters and their love story. I think it won't be justifiable to JUST say that 'I couldn
Catarina
4,5 Cake Flavored Stars.

Lauren is your regular 17 year old, high school girl, she has her friends, her crush, her normal interests. Enters Beau, a 24 year old guy on his last year of law school who rents Lauren’s parents rent guest apartment. And as a 17 year old girl that suddenly lives very close to a 24 year old sweet and handsome guy, her crushes change direction. But considering their age and lives difference it can never be more than a crush.
Fast forward 10 years… both of them living ag
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

photo IMG_5134_zpspadxx0ra.jpg

Lauren LeBlanc is a 17 yr. old junior in high school that comes from one of the oldest families in New Orleans. She grew up in New Orleans society as a debutante attending cotillions. She was sweet, innocent, & completely naive when it came to boys. Then a hot older guy moves in to the guest house apartment her family is renting. His name is Beau Fortier. He’s a 24 yr. old law student at Tulane with big dreams to build up his family name to what it once was. He comes from humble b
Ashley (5171MilesBooks)
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, loves
Read this review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

I don't know how R.S. Grey manages to write hit after hit. She's has nailed her niche and I doubt she could write a bad book. Her stories never fail to make me laugh out loud, read through the entire day or night, and fall in love along with her characters. While I'm reading, I feel like I'm watching a Jen Aniston ROM-COM or something of the like. I want to crawl inside and stay in the happy little places she creates. One of the most impres
Geri Reads
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
*SPOILERS AHOY!

Sigh. This disappointed me greatly because the blurb has so much promise. I read the blurb and my mind just went I WANT! But it was disappointing.

First of all, the blurb totally overstated the nature of the conflict between a 17-year old teenage girl and a 24-year old adult. The blurb suggested that Beau did something horrible that crushed Lauren's teenage heart.

NOPE. It was just Beau doing the right thing by refusing a 17-year old girl's sexual advances. The way the thing played
Sabrina
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I don't know why I kept putting this book off because it was brilliant. It's very rare for me to say this but I loved that the story was split into two parts, the past and the present. Getting to see Beau and Lauren when they were younger started that slow building chemistry they had and it made it all the more romantic when we then got to see how that connection was still between them in the present when they were older.

I also had many moments in the Past part
Maria...
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
”3 Stars”

This was a pretty good reading. I enjoyed it but I didn’t love it. It was quite better than her last book “The Fortunate Ones” which I appreciated!

description

The cover is cute! The couple was lovely. The storyline was petty nice but for me there were parts that I felt something was missing. I mean don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it and they were some funny moments too, just I felt something was off from time to time. Maybe it’s just me wanting more from the authors I like every time they’re having a
 ✨ Dianna ✨ (mylifeasannaidreading)
4.25/5 stars
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
This is one those novels where you just instantly know that you are going to fall in love with it no matter what happens.

The Beau and The Belle is a story about teenage crushes and second chances. It is everything I wanted in a rom-com novel and more. It's funny and fast-paced, witty and swoon-worthy.

description

Right from the prologue, I've fallen in love with Beau Fortier, the other half of our main characters. He's smart and dete
Warda
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm having so much fun with these books, it's ridiculous.
Aisling Zena

Perfect for the lovelies who enjoy a good, slow-build romance. And New Orleans as background.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon, but I LOVED this one. So sweet and swoony and full of humor that makes you laugh out loud!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
There were definitely some questionable ethics in this one. It was pretty cute overall, but him having possessive feelings over her before she even turned 18 is really squiggin’ me out (and I usually enjoy ~taboo~ subjects).
Shayna
Top Favorite

“I don’t think you’re here because you’re angry. I think you’re curious.”
“You know what, I’m not that curious. Want to know why? I’ve imagined it so many times that I doubt you’ll be able to stack up. You know: never fuck your heroes.”

Every single time R.S. Grey comes out with another absolutely DELIGHTFUL rom-com, it ends up jumping to the top of my list of FAVORITES for the year, and her latest, THE BEAU & THE BELLE is no different! This hilarious romantic comedy is full to the brim wit
Dali
Happy Book birthday!!

Grey returns to the romantic comedy genre with a deliciously fun, cute and sexy read. I was in stitches holding my side half the time and smiling like a loon the other.

The Beau and the Belle introduces us to Beau Fortier and Lauren LeBlanc. Ten years ago, Beau was a driven law student looking to finish school and a place to rent while Laruen was a junior in high school trying to figure out about boys and flirting. Beau was nothing like the guys her age. He was intriguing, m
Rachel
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Jessica
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whenever a new RS Grey book comes out, I am always counting down the days until I can read it. All I knew about this book was that it took place in New Orleans and I couldn’t wait to dive in!

When Beau Fortier rents her parents’ guest house as he finishes up his last year of law school, Lauren doesn’t really think anything of it. Until she spends a little more time with Beau and starts growing a crush. Big time. But, being the naive awkward teenager she is, Lauren humiliates herself and learns t
Mandy
Loved this book!!! Lauren is one of my favorite heroines ever! She's quirky and hilarious. I loved high school Lauren and how unsure of herself she was. It brought me back to those moments of my first crush and all the embarrassing things that happened to me in front of him. Adult Lauren was more self assured but never lost her quirkiness and humor. She was successful and driven, fun and intelligent. Beau is everything a good book hero should be. Sweet, sexy, charming and a bit possessive - he w ...more
~Kristin~
4+ Stars
Another delightful rom/com...a lot of fun!!

I just want to add, as much as I enjoyed this book, the ending was a bit frustrating. There was so much talk about NOLA, I would have loved to have been there for the soft opening and then later in the epilogue, to have known how it was doing. Then there was the house, I would have loved to see how the gift to his mother went. I just think there was so much talk about these things, I wanted a bit more at the end.
Alina
I think I was annoyed with the heroine 80% of the time.
She is the most insecure heroine I know.
H is older by 5-6 years and she was 17 when they met.
High school h was even worse, had zero self esteem obviously had a gorgeous best friend who was perfect in every way even when they got older.
The h and H had to split because of the circumstances.
She has a crummy sex life with only 1 ex lover who obviously is pathetic.
H had a normal life, not a manwhore but was not celibate. I was fine with that.
When
cindy
This book felt like it had a slightly different vibe from the others – probably because of the way it was structured. Another review stated that they disliked the past/present divide, preferring the use of integrated flashbacks, but I thought the layout actually captured the second-chance romance perfectly. The POVs were easily distinguishable, and there was an authentic shift in voice to represent the age difference.

In the first half of the novel, Lauren is portrayed as a lovestruck teenager, e
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:
“My palms are sweating. My knees are weak. My arms are heavy. Eminem’s the only one who understands me right now.” 3 likes
“Beautiful butterflies flap their delicate wings in my abdomen before I clench my abs and drown them in stomach acid.” 2 likes