Start by marking “Innocent Eyes” as Want to Read:
Innocent Eyes

Innocent Eyes

(Cane #1)

"If he's gross, I'm bailing."
That's what I said to my supposed best friend when she asked me to take her place. A blind date, she said. What harm could it do?
He was charming. Beautiful. God's finest creation. He wined me and dined me. Made me do things I'd never before dreamt of in the bedroom. It was perfect. Dangerous. Arousing.
But she didn’t tell me the full story. S
Published February 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Innocent Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent Eyes

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,102 books — 3,498 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
best kindle romance books
833 books — 2,151 voters

More lists with this book...

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

photo Innocent Eyes_Wrap_Cover Reveal_zpssbimu27x.jpg

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟STARS
ARC-BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-19/2/18

Oh, my goodness not sure where to start with this fantastic piece of fiction.
There is just so much I want to say here and trying to get it all out in a cohesive manner, well oh boy here we go taking a deep breath.
So first I should say I am a massive fan of Charlotte Hart's work and cannot say enough good things about her dark dominant scribblings, they always hit that sweet spot with me and even when she takes me to places I'm not sure I want to ven
Fre06 Begum
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Innocent Eyes was a fantastic dark novel that came out of nowhere for me. Both these authors (Charlotte E Hart and Rachel De Lune) are new to me authors but I honestly am on my way to look up their back catalogs asap. This novel was deliciously dark and decadent. It was also equally sexy and shocking and I honestly could not get enough. Quinn and Emily were so raw and provocative and their connection and attraction was intense and amazing!!

When dangerous and sexy Quinn Cane decides to use Emily
Expresso
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five brilliant stars!

This fabulous duo has NAILED the dark and deliciousness my soul constantly craves!

Emily and Quinn's chemistry is crazy! So they didn't meet or come together under normal circumstances. But what's normal? Emily is my kinda heroine. Although somewhat innocent, she's strong as hell. she manages to stay in Quinn's head even when he's the ultimate cold and ruthless alpha caveman. Her strength is not physical but more mental and emotional. Quinn may know the game but Emily penned
Christine Blake
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My blind date was gorgeous, beautiful and charming. I met him at a great restaurant, great food & wine and the dessert afterwards was to die for. He made me do things I have never done before and called me his dirty girl, at each other all night, I fell asleep in his arms, it was the perfect blind date, until I woke up in another country and strap to a chair in a dungeon for hours.

My friend Jenny set me up on a blind date or so I thought. She was setting me up cause she owed the mafia $100 t
100sweet
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 28%.

The H ties the h to a chair and leaves her in a room for hours where he forces her to watch horrific videos of a woman being gang-raped. The h ends up vomiting and urinating on herself. The H eventually checks on her and is disgusted with what she did. Then h actually APOLOGIZES to him for the mess she made. Not "why the hell are you doing this to me" but actually apologizes!! I am so disgusted!! Yuck!
Coco.V
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/9/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
"If he's gross, I'm bailing."
But Jenny didn’t tell me the full story. She didn’t tell me about the debt she owed. And now Quinn Cane wants his money's
Roxs Reads
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The blurb of this one drew me in and had me counting the hours until I could wrap myself around the promising sensual words of Rachel De Lune and the darker thoughts of Charlotte Hart. This author pairing was brilliant and brought out the true essence of each character. Each author stayed true to their past and wrote a beautiful story together. I’m sure they each took away something different from this experience, but I can only hope that they loved it enough to do it again. I want to see more f ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Innocent Eyes by Charlotte E Hart and Rachel De Lune is the story of Quinn Cane and Emily Brooks.
Quinn is a hard man who by the roll of a dice decides what he gonna do with a person. Quinn feels nothing towards anyone really...other than a soft spot for his mother. Emily is a caring person who is mainly working at her Photography business. When her best friends starts acting funny and needing money Emily still tries to help her...even go on a date that Jenny was suppose to go on. But not to long
Kimberly
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Robin Powers
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this kidnapping story more than I even thought I would. Emily is living her dream starting her new business but has a somewhat toxic relationship with her BFF. Quinn is straight up gangster and when he's owed a debt...he doesn't let that just pass. I couldn't believe how straight up disrespectful Jenny treats Emily. Definitely not like a true best friend would. Even though Quinn is jaded and hardened, I was somewhat surprised that he would take Emily as payment for Jenny's debt. ...more
Kelly Kemmerly
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars of Cane deliciousness!!
Holy hell!!! There were times I didn’t want to keep reading for fear of what I’d face next on the emotional train. This was a story for serious suspense and raw sexual energy junkies. But it was so GOOD!!! Quinn Cane does not disappoint. He takes what he wants and honors debts-payments with the roll of the dice. His unwritten code is slowly unraveled when Emily enters his world unknowingly. The two become a force all their own as they navigate what it must mean to
Anna
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia-mob
“Nothing is innocent here. Nothing has been for so long.”

I loved the way it started. A guy is threatening and pointing a gun at our hero - Quinn, while he's casually, without a care in the world, scrolling through his phone, not bothering to even look up.

That immediately caught my attention and made me curious to keep going. That start set a nice mood for the story. Well, not "nice", exactly. But the right mood.
 “Nothing about this is soft. There’s nothing nice here, regardless of the gentlema
Ratula
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I went to bed last night to read a few chapters and ended up staying up way past my bedtime to read it all. Quinn Cane wouldn’t let me go. He sucked me right in.

When Emily goes on a blind date as a favour for her friend she doesn’t realise how much her life is going to change. Although she’s an innocent, loyal friend it’s fortunate that she’s a strong character as she’s gonna need it.

Quinn is the head of his Cane family. He’s ruthless and heartless. He doesn’t care for many people. When he mee
Heather Ross
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything!

As a fan of both authors, picking up this bad boy was a no brainer for me. I was not disappointed. Instead, the styles of the different authors combined to create a story that was, at once, dark yet romantic, gritty yet sweet, and always, always sexy as hell.

Everything about this book was a win for me. The characters were intriguing and kept you guessing right up to the dramatic climax that I won’t ruin by oversharing here.

The heroine, Emily, was strong and capable—my
Sal
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness what a story!
From page one I was sucked into Quinn and Emily’s world and their stunning story. Each page turn was a delight and I was eager to see where the authors were going to take them and I wasn’t disappointed.
I know from reading previous works by Charlotte just how fabulous she is at writing dark characters but I hadn’t read much from Rachel so I wasn’t sure what to expect from this collaboration, what I got was a stunning blend of dark and light that honestly left me breath
Leanne
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hart De Lune.
It was meant to be. Like Little and Large, The 2 Ronnies, Hinge and Bracket, Chip and Dale...The list is endless, but you get my point I'm sure.

I was so excited when these 2 fabulous authors announced they were pairing up. 2 of my favourites, joining forces, mixing the dark and steamy with the goodness and light. It could not be more perfect.

That distinction between their styles is one of the highlights of this book. Charlotte's depravity and dominance perfectly opposes Rachel's mor
Amanda McCalip
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc for my honest review.

This is the first darker novel I have really given a chance and I'm absolutely satisfied that I gave it a chance. I loved this book, I loved the characters and I went through so many different emotions while reading this book.

I won't give too many spoilers but I'll say this, Emily (main character) is a good girl with a fantastic heart and genuinely a beautiful person all around. She goes on a blind date in place of her "friend" Jenny and winds up meeting Qu
Jay Williams
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with Quinn, one of his associates has a gun aimed at him demanding a bigger cut of money. Quinn the boss takes takes no crap, he has dice which he rolls to decide the fate of others after asking them to pick a number between 2-12. Benjamin decides to shot but Quinn shoots first.
Quinn runs a number of enterprises from drugs to casino's going from a small fish to a global enterprise within the mafia.

Meet Emily a photographer with her own business. She employs her best friend Jenn
Lynn Reynolds
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Quinn Cane is a self-assured man. He’s also a man who lacks sympathy. Emily Brooks has a unique business that more and more women are taking advantage of. These are two people that are hard to think of as being able to have any type of relationship.

The authors let you know that this is a dark erotic romance. You will definitely see the dark and most definitely the erotic but the romance is harder to see. It’s also very raw with graphic language. I don’t know if it’s sad or not but Quinn is a mea
Tyi
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though I was sick while reading this story, I still loved it. The storyline beautifully flowed. The characters were amazing. While you are reading, you can see the changes on how the characters interact through the story. Quinn Cane's focus was family obligation and money. He always let the dice decide the fate of another. It didn't lay the responsbility on his shoulders. That all changed once he met Emily. I felt like Emily had this mouse like quality. She wasn't social and somewhat gullib ...more
Ally Vance
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Where should I even start this review? These 2 authors have dragged me through the dark into uncertainty and twisted me up with a story that was painful yet pleasurable to read in its own messed up way. The writing was superb and the co-writing was smooth and flowed excellently. A fab new dark read!

Emily, the quiet and unassuming photographer with mismatched innocent eyes, a body and soul unblemished by the taint of evil and sin that comes from messing with the edge of darkness that surrounds a
Up All Night With Books
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books

I am a newbie reader when it comes to Charlotte E. Hart and Rachel De Lune but I must say I was blown away by Innocent Eyes. It kept me captivated from the start and had me questioning everything at every turn.

Quinn is a ruthless mobster. A gangster as Emily would say. When Quinn meets Emily, he is expecting to meet Jenny, the woman who has racked up a hundred grand in gambling debt. Emily being the awesome friend she is, lets Je
G
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
This was quite a good collaboration of these two authors. I think they both brought their strengths and gave their readers a book worth mentioning.

This is the first in the series of the Cane brothers. We get the story of the eldest Cane,Quinn. Quinn is a dark and deadly character. He kills and will kill for his family, but it's all by a dice roll and there is no change throughout. He takes Emily as a payment for her friend debt. One minute she is with him having dinner, then hotel room in Engla
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Innocent Eyes is a new Standalone hot and sexy romance.

I love Innocent Eyes written by co-writers Charlotte E. Hart (who is new to me) and Rachel De Lune (whom I read several of her books and I am a big fan of).

Innocent Eyes is Quinn Cane and Emily Brooks story. Emily had a friend Jenny (the kind of friend that who needs enemies if you have a friend like her) Jenny threw Emily to the wolves. Asked her to go on a blind date with a man that she owed a lot of money to.

Things went well on the date
Lisa
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who needs enemies with a friend like Jenny around!?!

Emily finds herself being taken and used to pay off her supposed best friend Jenny's debt to Quinn. Despite the horror of the circumstances she finds herself drawn to him and enjoying the sex together.

Hard nosed and calculating, Quinn is head of his family's business. He doesn't do relationships, preferring variety but with Emily he finds himself breaking his rules.

Quinn's business is mostly of the illegal kind and his treatment of Emily was at
Katie
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Wow, wow, wow!! What a phenomenal read from Charlotte Hart and Rachel De Lune!

Innocent Eyes is what happens when two amazingly talented author (who also happen to be two of my favourites!!) collaborate!! It’s not just an outstanding story but one that completely takes your breath away. It will hold you captive until that very last word. It’s dark and it’s sexy! It has a complex male lead that lives his life by the roll of a dice. It has a female lead who finds herself in the wrong place but may
BookShelfMuse
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Plaything: Volume 1 (Plaything, #1)
  • My Body-Mine (My Body Trilogy, #3)
  • Property Of (The Masters M.C, #1)
  • The Vegas Random
  • Naughty in Norway
  • Trust (Finding Anna, #4)
  • Mercy (Judgment, #2)
  • Climax (Climax, #1)
  • Devil's Mark (The Devil's Keepers, #2)
  • Retribution (Uncovering You #4)
  • Salem Charm (Colson Brothers, #3)
  • Innocence Tempted (Generational Sins, #0.5)
  • Tic : Soulless Bastards MC No Cal Book 3 (Soulless Bastards MC No Cal, #3)
  • Thunderstruck (Ramsey Security Book 1)
  • Whiskey: Ruthless Bastards (RBMC Book 1)
  • Dirty Bad Strangers (Dirty Bad, #3)
  • A Beautiful Prison
  • Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC, #1)

Charlotte is an Dark Erotic Suspense/Romance author living in the heart of the Shropshire countryside in Great Britain. She's lived all over the UK, but finally settled in a small town that still reeks of old school England.
Writing and poetry have become a revolution for the soul, and she cherishes every second that she's sitting at the laptop tapping her way into a new character.

"Life is a torren