Start by marking “Arrowheart (The Love Curse #1)” as Want to Read:
Arrowheart (The Love Curse #1)

Arrowheart

(The Love Curse #1)

The Wattpad Sensation!

Kiss the boys and make them cry...

The gods are gone.
The people have forgotten them.
But sixteen-year-old Rachel Patel can't forget—the gods control her life, or more specifically, her love life.

Being a Hedoness, one of a strong group of women descended from Greek God Eros, makes true love impossible for Rachel. She wields the power of that magical go
Published June 14th 2018 by Hodder

To ask other readers questions about Arrowheart, please sign up.
Rebecca Sky No, it's not. And off the top of my head, I can't think of an aromantic book to recommend. I'd love any recs you might have. I know it's not the same,…moreNo, it's not. And off the top of my head, I can't think of an aromantic book to recommend. I'd love any recs you might have. I know it's not the same, but I recently read a great biromantic asexual main character in Claire Kann’s Let’s Talk About Love. Thanks for asking and clearing that up! (less)

Start your review of Arrowheart (The Love Curse #1)
Rebecca Sky
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"It's a solid five star book!" -my mom.

Is this a thing, author's reviewing their books? Well, how about I use this area for updates. More to come when I'm done drafting book 2!!! (I'm so close...send caffeine...)
Zoë ☆
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
Wow this was such a fun read!! And it ended with a cliffhanger?? I did not expect that! I’ve never read a book about Greek mythology, so this was a new experience for me and I really liked it!! Can’t wait for the sequel ;)

Rachel and Marissa are Hedonesses, which means that they can force any man to love them just by touching them. They are meant to embrace their gift from the gods, except Rachel is having trouble with that. She just wants to be a normal girl who can love someone without forcing
Shealea
Slightly messy in terms of plot and world-building, but I thought this was a refreshing contemporary take on Greek mythology. I had a ton of fun reading!

Review to follow!

Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
DNF about halfway through

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I love books about Greek mythology, so I dove into this one without any hesitation. Unfortunately, everything was too unbelievable. Stories like this have to be explained and portrayed in a way that feels real to the reader. The characters in Arrowheart were not very likable, and th
Sammy
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not at all what I expected – as some of you know, if I’m given or recommended a book I often don’t even look at the synopsis but dive straight in – I like surprises. So when I began reading this and realised that it centred around a Greek God everything else stopped and I just read.
Arrowheart has a really perfect blend of Greek mythology with a modern day backdrop; a conflicted protagonist who has power to make any man fall in love with her - but why would she want to take anyone's
Laura's Book Addiction
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
"In that moment my heart shatters all over again, I fall to the ground wishing I never believed Eros."

I went in to Arrowheart completely blind, i'd only seen the pretty cover on the publishers Instagram. Then I was invited to review the book through netgalley. So I thought why not give it a try.

The cover made me think I was getting a cute fluffy contemporary romance but Arrowheart turned out to be a contemporary setting with Greek mythology mixed in and oh boy did this book keep me entertained
Becca ♥︎  PrettyLittleMemoirs.com
First reviewed on Pretty Little Memoirs.
Rachel is such a likeable character from the get-go. I love that despite wielding this immense power to make any boy fall head over heels in love with her, she just wants to be your average girl. To fall in love with ease. To not feel like she's meant for something huge and to live a perfectly normal life. But being a Hedoness, she kinda can't. Her and Marissa, another Hedoness, have this power that centers around the book's first mystery. Boys are going m
Kayleigh
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
From looking at the cover you’d think this book was a cutesy contemporary but it’s more modern contemporary with a bit of Greek mythology thrown in and it works quite well.

I really liked Rachel and Ben and the trials they go through to help her family and the struggles she faces and has to come to terms with being a Hedoness.

And not only that but the epilogue ends in a cliffhanger! Goodness, I’m going to need the next one!
Lauren Reads
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I actually loved the sample of this book and cant wait for the full book to be released (14th June).

The book fills my inner mythological history geek with such joy that I haven't experienced in a while, not much a review at this stage but when I do purchase the full book I will update my review.
Kristine Cuevas
I love it. I want to read more but the “To be continued...” in the end tells me to relax for a while and wait out until the next book’s done.
Kay Kuever
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been needing a fun romance story lately and Arrowheart was exactly what the doctor ordered. I'm such a sucker for anything remotely involving Greek mythology, so I was really excited to dive into this unique plot driven by the descendants of Eros the god of attraction (aka Cupid for the Roman mythology lovers in the audience). Because of Eros' mistake, his female descendants, or Hedonesses, now have the "gift" of controlling the will of men. It's a gift that Rachel, our awesome half-Indian ...more
Becky Boudreau
Rating: 3/5 Stars

**HUGE thank you to Rockstar Book Tours for including me on the Arrowheart tour last month and to Rebecca Sky for providing me with an ARC of this one to review! All opinions are my own.**

More reviews like this one can be found on my blog!

---

Review

First, a HUGE thank you to Rockstar Book Tours and Rebecca Sky for providing me with a copy of this book as a part of your blog tour and in exchange for an honest review!

So, I have some seriously conflicting thoughts about this bo
Gina G
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable read, with an original storyline. Looking forward to reading book 2.
Debra Goelz
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read the NetGalley excerpt. It was clever, witty, romantic, mesmerizing. Couldn’t put it down. Will do a longer review when the book is released. Very excited about it!
Vicki Trask
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
There are sometimes when I wonder if I, a 20-something who is several years out of university, am told old for Young Adult novels. I no longer have to deal with the struggles of coming of age – it came and went already. But then I read a YA and get to reminisce about how young and hopeful I was – how naive I still am. It’s interesting, approaching high school stories from the other side; I remember what it was like and yet, I find myself yelling at the pages, begging the characters to make bette ...more
Amanda Cana
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Love is a most powerful magic."

Agree with the other review that says Hedoness's are the new vampires. Can book 2 come now please, that ending had me both happy crying and sad crying that i can't read the sequel yet. I've nver read mythology like this, it's so original. And i like the contemporary setting.
KarenJo Custodio
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I requested Arrowheart by Rebecca Sky based on the really cute cover and after briefly scheming the premise which sounded quite intriguing. I didn’t have too many expectations going into this novel, but I surely didn’t imagine the story to be so strange and chaotic… but in a charmingly good way. I found myself tangled up in all the mess, surprises and twists, and had such a great time.

I thought concept was creative, witty and fun. The writing style was a bit choppy at times, but still engaging a
Emmerita
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Fearing what I am has kept me from too many things. If only my ability could control fear, it would be a lot more helpful than the stupid love curse.”

Arrowheart transports you to a world where hedonesses roam the earth. One, in particular, Rachel, doesn't see her 'gift' as a blessing from the gods but a curse she'd rather having nothing to do with. When Benjamin Blake enters her life through her friend's reckless behaviour, her attraction for him blooms just as her world starts falling apart. W
Lily
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never judge a book by it's cover! I went into this thinking it would be a bit lighthearted with a good adventure plot. Luckily, I absolutely in the mood for the book I got instead. This was such a beautiful commentary on consent and free will, showing Rachel as one of the few Hedonesses to see what their "gift" really was. My stomach was turned as much as her was while reading it!

This was also less of an adventure and more of a resistance. This book was so dark with secret underground societies
Francesca
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Devoured it in two days!! Would have been sooner but I was forced to put it down for a wedding and other wedding related activities this weekend!

Arrowheart is a beautiful mythological fantasy set mainly in modern day New York. Filled with girl power, teenage angst, and of course no Greek mythology is complete without a little romance... or a lot of it!

Rachel is such a genuine and relatable character. Being a teenage girl is hard. Being a teenage who is a Hedoness
Hannah Dixon
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a awesome cliff hanger at the end. Let me tell ya this book had so much action in it I loved every minute of it. The romantic parts were still steamy even though she could not touch him. If your reading this review go give this book a try it starts off alittle slow at first but trust me it picks up and the chapters are not that long. I can not wait for the next book.
Courtney-Paige
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this. It was so cute between Rachel and Ben.
The premise was so interesting, and I like the complications and how they arose.
I hated Marissa with a passion!!
And this did not need to be a series. The first book could have finished on a happy note, but they had to add a twist at the end to make a 2nd book, which I don't think we need.
Ann Helen - TheDarklingOne ☾
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was just what I needed, and was a perfect start of the year read!
I can’t for the life of me not understand people that don’t appreciate YA. This was such a nice read, and a great mythology mix for people that read YA.

I fell in love with Rachel from the start, and she was just everything in this series. Can’t wait to get my hands on the next one in the series! 🙌🏻
Sari Riveros
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the very beginning it wasn't too captivating for me.. but I have to admit that then the plot was so interesting that once you get around page 90 you can't leave it, you'll get trapped into the pages (at least that's how it was for me).
can't wait for the second book !!
Rmsooon
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG it was AMAZING ,, a difint 5 star
Maggie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I love myths and legends, so a book based on Greek mythology was right up my alley. It follows 16-year-old Rachel who has the power to make any man fall in love with her with a kiss. But she wants true love, and how is she meant to get that if any boy she kisses becomes a slave? Quite the conundrum, one that produced some interesting reactions.
Now this is where I have my first problem. The blurb specifically mentioned boy, so what happens if Rachel kisses a girl? The only time this is mentioned
Amanda
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been a huge fan ever since this story started on wattpad, and no matter how many times i read/reread it, no matter how many edits and changes it has gone through, I am still so inlove with this book. THE FEELS ARE ALWAYS THERE.

I love Rachel and Ben to bits! And I love the new twist this has given about mythology! <3
Natasha
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book and I have no idea how to describe my feelings. I would recommend to every reader as I feel anyone could enjoy such a book.
Desirae Clark
Greek mythology? ✅
Evil nuns? ✅
Bitchy best friend? ✅
An unmarked grave? ✅

Get ready for reading the most unpredictable story ever written.
Kayla McGrath
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun and quirky read! I’ve always been a fan of Greek mythology so when I saw this I was like “Sign me the heck up!”

ARROWHEART boasted a colourful cast of diversity and distinct personalities as well as humour and a sense of ridiculousness in moments that I loved. I got a kick out of the alien vampires.

Dealing with the topic of consent and truth with the Hedoness curse can be a very sensitive topic, but it was executed well here. Shown especially well with Rachel’s refusal of the “gift” an

• Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
  • Für immer verboten (Sturmtochter, #1)
  • Alles. Nichts. Und ganz viel dazwischen
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Vanoras Fluch (The Curse, #1)
  • My First Love
  • The Best Kind of Magic (Windy City Magic, #1)
  • My Best Friend's Brother (Make Her Mine, #1)
  • Oh My Gods
  • Kiss Me Once
  • A Bad Boy Stole My Bra
  • Bitter Rose: Color Me Crushed (TrueColors, #8)
  • Pitch Black: Color Me Lost (TrueColors, #4)
  • Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped (TrueColors, #9)
  • Trinkets
  • Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7)
  • The QB Bad Boy and Me
  • Gold und Schatten (Buch der Götter #1)
Fat Feminist. Author. Dog Enthusiast.

Rep Sarah Hornsley of The Bent Agency.
www.RebeccaSky.com

The Love Curse (2 books)
  • Heartstruck (The Love Curse #2)