Jump to ratings and reviews

Stake and Dust, Book 1

ebook

Published November 25, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Karen Michelle Nutt

61 books1,035 followers
Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband. Though her three children are grown and starting their own adventures, she still has a houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.

When she's not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian's Book Covers, "Judge Your Book By Its Cover".

Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, time travel or contemporary romances, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.

Visit the author at her website: http://www.kmnbooks.com
Blog: http://kmnbooks.blogspot.com

Gillian’s Book Covers, “Judge Your Book By Its Cover”

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorkarenm...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KMNbooks
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/karenmnutt/

Amazon Author Page:

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
242 reviews
December 19, 2017
I received a copy of Stake and Dust by Karen Michelle Nutt from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was the first book by Karen Michelle Nutt that I have read, but I was intrigued by the summary and glad that I received a copy to preview as I am happy to report that the book did not disappoint.

Yes, the plot was a little predictable and the lead characters (Cassandra Hayes and Tremayne Graystone) made me want to jump into the pages to shake both of them, but it was a fun read - and a quick read. A good fantasy novel to unwind with!
Profile Image for Lana.
6 reviews3 followers
January 16, 2018
I received the copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I've received from NetGalley, and it took me a while to get into the book and write a review. It is also my first time reading a book written by Karen Michelle Nutt, so I wasn't quite used to her writing style.

The book follows Tremayne Graystone, a vampire taking a role of the hunter, and Cassandra Hayes, a vampire hunter with a lineage, as they join their forces in order to catch a Lamia and a vampire. However, Tremayne is hiding his true identity from Cassandra, and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep his secret, and win the hunter's heart.

Despite the enticing description of the book, I must say that unfortunately, it was a bit disappointing. The writing style seemed too casual for certain situations, especially in the beginning. Moreover, there were quite a lot of grammatical mistakes, although others may not mind much. Lastly, there were some abbreviations that took a long time to be explained.

However, the story itself was interesting, although it mostly focuses on their relationship, rather than the supernatural world or their mission. There was also lots of flirting and romance, but I didn't mind it as much. I found Tremayne's attempts to hide his identity amusing, and was anticipating the moment his secret would come to light.

At the end of the day, it was enjoyable and relaxing, though I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a serious fantasy novel packed with action.
4,576 reviews16 followers
January 6, 2019
A Lamia, a sea creature worthy of John Keats' prose, teams up with a vampire with serial tendencies. When young promising artists are found dead, the Preternatural Bureau sends Cassandra Hayes to the Hamptons to help a fellow hunter track down this lethal duo. She's only spoken to Mr. Green once on the phone and when she meets him in person, he is not what she expects. His hunting skills are spot on, but there is something the man is hiding, and she's determined to find out what it is despite the attraction developing between them. Tremayne Graystone, a vampire from one of the oldest septs, is not pleased when he finds a dead hunter left on the doorstep of his pub. He should have never answered the hunter's phone, but someone is trying to frame him and he wants answers. Surely he can masquerade as Mr. Green, the hunter Cassandra is supposed to meet, before she figures out his true identity and stakes him. She's a Hayes, from a long line of vampire hunters, and fraternizing with the enemy is simply not done, but as they work together and follow the clues, the lines become blurred when he falls for the hunter's charms.
The book was decent. The plot was not bad. I liked both main characters. I recommend.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.