Start by marking “Christmas at Darcy House: A Pride and Prejudice Variation” as Want to Read:

Christmas at Darcy House: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

A Pride and Prejudice Variation. Mr. Darcy hopes Christmastime will help him to forget the pair of fine eyes that he left behind in Hertfordshire. When Elizabeth Bennet appears unexpectedly in London, Darcy decides to keep his distance, resolved to withstand his attraction to her. But when he learns that Wickham is threatening to propose to Elizabeth, Darcy faces a crisis. ...more
Published December 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Darcy House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Darcy House

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review, Excerpt, Guest Post & Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

Like in Pride and Prejudice, when it comes to Elizabeth's two suitors—if you could even call them that—in Christmas at Darcy House, one has got all the goodness, and the other all the appearance of it. Jane takes a fall and hurts her ankle, so Elizabeth is left to go to Cheapside instead. She has a busy Christmas when she has not one, but two men visiting her at her aunt and uncle's place.

Wickham is pursuing her, courting h
Debbie Brown
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jaff, 2017-jaff, i-own-it
If you've read the book description for this, you know Wickham has a major role throughout. He's always looking for opportunities to mess with Darcy, and he's given even more motivation than usual here.

It's the Christmas season after the Netherfield ball. Darcy and Mr. Bingley are in London, but so are Mr. Wickham and Elizabeth Bennet in this imagining. She's staying with her Aunt and Uncle Gardiner. Mr. Wickham, with his charm and easy manners, is a frequent visitor.

Having been encouraged by G
Sheila Majczan
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
As we enter the story it is Elizabeth with her Aunt Gardiner in London who are paying a call on Miss Bingley when Darcy and Charles enter as Charles was to change his clothes before riding with Darcy. Elizabeth is cool towards Darcy while Caroline notices the look in his eyes as he gazes at Elizabeth.

Caroline is determined and pays Wickham to court Elizabeth in order to make sure she has no time nor inclination to pay attention to Darcy. Darcy, meanwhile is confronted by Georgiana and Richard an
wosedwew
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone. ~ Taylor Caldwell

Christmas is in the title but isn’t in the story until about the 80% mark when the Gardiners and some of the Bennets are invited to Christmas at Darcy House.

Our story begins in December when Elizabeth Bennet travels to London for a visit with her Aunt and Uncle Gardiner. Her sister Jane has also been invited but suffers a minor injury at the last minute. So, instead of Jane paying a courtesy call on the Bingley sisters, Eliza
Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813
Always love Victoria Kincaid's stories... this one is a really fun read too!
Tina
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I went into this not knowing what to expect and well I was pleasantly surprised. There was romance, a compromise and a dastardly plot by an unexpected duo. I did not expect Darcy to act the way he did in this book especially since he is supposed to be very proper. I feel though that Lizzy and the rest of her family had every right to act the way they did given the situation. I really enjoyed reading this newest book by Victoria Kincaid and it is a perfect read for right around Christmas time. ...more
Lynn
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable Christmastime story

This is was a very enjoyable read. Wickham and Caroline Bingley are truly two of a kind and plan some real trouble for Lizzy. Darcy does rescue Lizzy, but does not exactly endear himself in doing so. Fortunately with the help of his sister, all is set right, and we do get our happily ever after. I really liked this book and will enjoy reading it again.
Gail Frisby
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Liked it great story like it when Caroline and Wickham get their just desserts. Nice epilogue the Colonel is always a great fit in the story.
Dung
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: austen-inspried
Can someone be double compromised? Fun story, low angst. Loved that Wickham & Caroline Bingley got what they deserved!
Carol Perrin
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas at Darcy House: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

A very entertaining story. A comedy of errors occur throughout this story, but the right people become married in the end. The two people who tried to prevent the other marriages become comprised because of their own stupidity and in the end are stuck with one another when they are discovered. Serves them right! Loved Darcy in this story. He knew what he wanted and went for his own companies and won the witty Elizabeth Bennet. What I had t
Vaarin
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it!
Romantic, passionate, humorous and thrilling story with a Christmas theme.
I adore this Elizabeth, she is strong and I love the way she stands up for herself, especially when she's angry... That does not mean that she makes good decisions though.

A surprise meeting at Bingley's townhouse, enlighten Darcy that Elizabeth is in town, visiting her Gardiner relations. A few minutes in her company and he is as lost as ever. Impressed by how she outwit both Caroline and her brother.
Patrica Liebe
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky to win a copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway from the author Victoria Kincaid.
The book was a long time coming but it arrived and I totally consumed it in a few hours. I loved the book and the story. There were a one or two facts that I questioned. The situation where Darcy and Wickham are in the same room together is something I just could not see happening as for Elizabeth and her Aunt Gardener visiting Caroline Bingley I just could not see that happing either. But the story h
Anngela Schroeder-author
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Holiday Read

In all of Victoria Kincaid's books there is a HEA. However, the turmoil she puts me through as a reader to get there keeps me on the edge of my seat. I love Ms. Kincaid's Darcy- she knows how to make him humble, vulnerable, swoon worthy, but yet still the powerful master of Pemberley. Highly recommend for a light enjoyable read.
Julia M
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahh

I love Victoria Kincaid's books and this one did not disappoint. Darcy really bumbled his original proposal but it was interesting nonetheless. I really enjoyed the fact that Caroline Bingley and Wickham received their own comeuppance.
Deb Hughes
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

This particular passionate Darcy was quite entertaining! And oh my....how happy I was to see the plans of Caroline Bingley backfire!
PJ Jones
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this take

I do every much enjoy this take on the story. Very much worth the read. Will look at other titles by Victoria Kincaid.
Joanne Dunn
Apr 12, 2018
Betsy
Dec 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Victoria has a Ph.D. in English literature and has taught composition to unwilling college students. Today she teaches business writing to willing office professionals and tries to give voice to the demanding cast of characters in her head.

She lives in Virginia with an overly affectionate cat, two children who are learning how much fun Austen’s characters can be, and a husband who fortunately is n