Start by marking “Worst Case” as Want to Read:

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Will she risk the fall and take a leap of faith?

Vivi Lewis just wants to stay in one place for more than a minute. It’s April of her senior year, for crying out loud, and here she is again, packed into a beat-up white Toyota with her anxiety-ridden single mom, fleeing the Washington coast. She hopes that this move—the one that’s taken them inland to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho—wi
Published January 16th 2018 by Margot + Burke Press

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jan 16, 2018
    Enter for a chance to win a paperback copy of Beck Anderson's new YA release Worst Case!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 314 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 06 - Feb 25, 2018

Countries available: US and CA

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Worst Case, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worst Case

Suze Lavender
    Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Vivi has to finish her senior year at a new school. It's already April when her mother decides they need to move again. Vivi has to start over once more and doesn't have high expectations of her final weeks in high school. Vivi's mother's anxiety is the cause of the frequent moving around the country and they're taking it with them wherever they go. Their new hometown is Coeur d’Alene in Idaho. Will Vivi be able to finish her last weeks at school in peace?

When Vivi meets Win she knows she's foun
    Jennifer Lane
    Face the Worst Case

Anxiety is weird. When we feel anxious, we try to avoid the thing that's jacking up our sympathetic nervous system. Too bad avoidance often increases anxiety. The best strategy for reducing anxiety is to approach it head-on--ask a honey out on a date, deliver public speeches, drive to a friend's over snowy roads--but who has the gumption to do that?

Vivi Lewis just might be the one.

Vivi is a 17 year old whose mother's nervous system is on overdrive. Convinced the world is dange
    Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
    worst_case_teaser

Book Review: 5+++ Stars

Worst Case is about young love, facing fears, family and friendship.

Vivi is a 17 year old girl who has moved from city to city enough times in her short life. The day she and her mom arrive to Coeur d'Alene, Vivis so sure it’s going to be just like the other times they. They’d stay in this town for a little time and then, go to another city. Again. She’s used to the routine and understands the reasons behind every move but she’s tired of it all, because she couldn’t hav
    Ellen at Book Bellas
    Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Beck Anderson is a fantastic writer and this realistic and heartwarming YA romance is a great entry in the genre! Loved the Idaho setting. Give this author a try, you won’t regret it.

"I’d love to tell you I didn’t care what other people thought of us, but that would be a lie. I’d also love to tell you I don’t care now that I’m older, but that’s not particularly true either. "

I very much enjoyed this story about family and young romance. The writing is clear and blunt and very real. There is a
    Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I’ll begin my review by saying that I hail from the same corner of the world as Beck Anderson, and we’ve both apparently visited many of the same incredible places. Any time I read one of Beck’s books, I have a giddy reaction to locations I know well.

Worst Case is no exception, and I delighted in the familiar setting of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. If you haven’t been to this beautiful resort town, you’ll just have to take my word for it. Beck describes it all elegantly – the geography, the atmosphere,
    Books Laid Bare
    Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Some stories make the make my world a better place…this is one of them.
    Moving to somewhere new, is nothing new to Vivi, neither is living with the crippling anxiety that her mother deals with on a daily basis because while it is her mother that calls the shots, it is Vivi the deals with the consequences…like having to finish her education at yet another new High School, this time in the delightfully named Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
    I felt an empathy for Vivi that drew her to me, instinct telling me tha
    Susi
    Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4 1/2 Stars! This is the second book I’ve read by Beck Anderson and I truly enjoyed it. I really connected with the characters in many ways.

Full review coming up on blog soon.
    Trinette
    Nicki Elson
    Dec 12, 2017
    Anna
    Dec 13, 2017
    Beck Anderson believes in the power of perfectly imperfect women and in the healing power of love.

A two-time Rita© finalist, she's the author of five novels including the Fix You series and The Jeweler. Her latest novel, Worst Case, is her first YA work and released 1/16/18.

Beck balances (clumsily at best) writing novels and screenplays, working full-time as an educator, mothering two boys, lovi
    More about Beck Anderson...