Start by marking “Labors of an Epic Punk” as Want to Read:
Labors of an Epic Punk

Labors of an Epic Punk

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Mac is an epic punk. No wonder: after his dad went off to fight in the Trojan War and never came back, Mac spent his childhood evading his mom's scumbag suitors—all one-hundred-and-eight of them. Of course, he turned out this way—a moody, friendless sixteen-year-old who blows off work, alienates everyone at school, and pulls pranks. But when he trains a flock of birds to d ...more
Published December 1st 2017 by Twin Wizards Press

To ask other readers questions about Labors of an Epic Punk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Labors of an Epic Punk

Amy
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Labors of an Epic Punk was a good read despite it not being from my preferred genre I usually read. I did not know what to expect from it when I read the blurb. I decided to give it a try anyways and was pleasantly surprised to find that I did like it. It was unique and refreshing to read.

I would give Labors of an Epic Punk four stars and will definitely pick up other books from the authors in the future.

I received this book from the publisher. This review was 100% my own honest opinio
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Move over Percy Jackson and co. There’s a new Greek kid in town. Mac’s the name (short for Telemachus), and while he may not be the child of a god, he’s the son of a hero, which is just as tough.
When I switched my college freshman seminar from something vaguely societal-sounding and “easy” to Homer’s Epics, my counsellor looked at me like I was nuts. “Why?” she asked. My response: “Because I love Greek myth.”
In short, I also loved this book
Meghan Dube
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Writing a novel is a “labor” in and of itself… And yet the Dursins have pulled off a seemingly effortless debut. The novel features a lovable cast the authors aptly compare to “The Breakfast Club”. The entire novel is well paced and engaging, perfect for tweens, teens, and any adults looking to relive those angsty high school years. The novel is at times painful to read, as you’re sucked into the angst we know all too well- looking to care about something, while simultaneously trying to appear a ...more
Rebecca
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved EVERYTHING about this book. The mythology, adventure, teen angst, everything. I could not put it down. If you love Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and John Hughes movies, then you will love this book. The writing is amazing, the mythology is added in effortlessly and the characters are perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Labors of an Epic Punk.
Jasmine
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Grace
This was a lovely, refreshing read. I didn't know if high school and ancient Greece were going to work together, but the book knew exactly what it wanted to be and ran with it.

The characters deserve recognition, as they're one of the book's greatest strengths. There's also the inclusion of a gay disabled character - and one of the main ones, at that. Major points for that!
Jeffrey Joyce