Start by marking “The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)

The Wrong Kind of Love

(The Boys of Jackson Harbor #1)

From New York Times bestseller Lexi Ryan comes a sexy new romance novel about a runaway bride, a single dad who’s sworn off love, and the kind of family secrets that can threaten to break even the deepest bonds.

You never forget your wedding day. Or the moment your twin sister pukes on your bouquet and confesses she’s pregnant... with your fiancé’s baby.

I wan
ebook
Published February 12th 2018

Start your review of The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)
Alex ♈

It was my 1st book by this author.
I liked her writing style,
but I guess our understanding of forgiveness-limits and attitude toward the people, who betrayed us, is quite diverse.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

(view spoiler) ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

OOH ME LIKEY A-HOLE HEROES! Backlogged but thrilled for my ARC!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
I wanted to get away, to hide until my heart mended. I found myself in a strange town with a mysterious stranger whose talented mouth and hands almost made me forget it wa|
ARC!
LIVE!class="gr-hostedUserImg">
OOH
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I thought I’d see that dimple tonight. I imagined stripping out of my wedding gown and watching him smile in appreciation of my body. I’ve been dieting and exercising for months so I could look my best on our special night. All the while, he was fucking my sister. I’m gonna need more tequila.”

The Wrong Kind of Love is book one in The Boys of Jackson Harbor series and I really and truly enjoyed it. It also happens to be my first Lexi Ryan story. I’m having so much luck and fun with these new to me authors, it
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
*4.5 stars*

I loved this book!! It gave me all the feels!

Nicole (Nic) finds out on her wedding day that her twin sister is pregnant with her fiancés baby. Talk about a slap to the face! What she doesn’t know is that this event will lead her to her true soul mate. I really liked Nic. She has a big heart and is so kind and loving. I was rooting for her all along and I am so happy she found Ethan.

I loved Ethan! He’s so sexy! He’s been through heart break and loss before and is hesitant to trust love agai
Tracy  C
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Nicole! She really got the short end of the stick when it comes to family. And the one time she decides to act out of character, it backfires in a big way. Initially anyway. Dr. Ethan Jackson is a one night encounter that pops back up as her boss. Nic doesn't WANT to lie, buts gets caught in the middle of some family secrets. And there are so many secrets. Ethan acts like a jerk to try to protect himself and Nic is rightfully offended. I like how she started out as the unsure one but became ...more
Vintage
Rejane
Feb 16, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose  ·  review of another edition
I don’t think I can get along with people with martyr complex. Or a doormat one. Or a backbone-less one.
Or take-all-the-crap-from everyone-and-be-ok one. Or a too forgiving one. Etc. etc. etc.

Gogol
Apr 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
This writer needs to be firmly and seriously questioned regarding the identity of the person(s) who told her she could write!!!!!
She deliberately creates situations in which her heroines are idiot doormats. I personally think every horrible thing that befalls the type of characters she writes about, is fully and categorically well deserved. Her writing fills me with anger, and makes me want to hit a boxing bag, or better still, burn her books on a pire, because the demeaning attitude that she i
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good runaway bride turns nanny and the single dad read. There are a ton of secrets and lies in this book too. This one is bit of a slow build, but also not in some ways.

It’s emotional. It’s slow burn. If that’s what you’re looking for, then this is a winner.
Dilek VT
Feb 17, 2018 marked it as never-no-way  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tstl-heroine
Heroine sounds like a professional doormat!!!

For more details, read my dear friend Alex's review:

Lisa
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me state for the record (and so we're all clear on this)--Dr. Ethan Jackson is mine. His brother Jake might also be mine too. And possibly his younger brother Levi. Imma just need some Jackson brother love.

This book is classic Lexi, and is soooooo good. Some angst, some humor, some inner turmoil, some sexy good times. It's got it all.

Nicole Maddox has just run away from the worst experience ever....finding out her twin sister is pregnant with her fiance's baby. The fi
Alla
3.5 stars! (make that 1/2 star mark available Goodreads, I really need it sometimes!)
The first one in the Jacksons siblings series. It was good, I enjoyed it. The narration in the audio version is also good and well executed.
Anna
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I voluntarily read and reviewed an copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley.

It's quite previsible "nanny and her employer". But I liked the writing and could not put it down! Shame on me!
The heroine is weak, dormat, she recognised it herself! She was this silly girl who wanted to pleasure everyone, she dropped her college for bf, left her work for her fiance.
Her cheater fiance who impregn
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, 2018-reads, arcs
I would endure bitter, cold weather for just a small taste of Ethan Jackson!

Goodness gracious….The Wrong Kind of Love is all kinds of RIGHT! It’s sweet, salacious, and heartbreakingly beautiful, wrapped up in a to-die-for cover!

This love story takes you on the wild ride of secrets, lies, and betrayal, while further enticing you with the sinfully provocative relationship between boss and employee. This story isn’t your common hot daddy/nanny story, but a romance that challenges the character’s ability to lgracious….The
Jennifer Wolfel
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read just about every book Lexi has written. There is just something unique and special about her family sagas... I say this because this is book number one of this series, though they are all standalone, but the preview to come makes me ache for more of Lexi's words now!!!!

The Wrong Kind of Love was something uniquely different. Lexi put a great spin on this romance, and its unique story line really had me intrigued beginning to end! Our heroine is running from her wedding. She
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

It was good and Ethan has some seriously HOT brothers, but he was a grade a douche-bag. Then there was the whole drama between Nicole and Veronica. Sorry, she forgave her way too quick and easily.
Salma
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Call me but love and I’ll be new baptized.” – Romeo and Juliette

“So many stars had to align to bring you to me. More had to align to get a stubborn-ass grump to open his heart. But they did.” – Lexi Ryan

It has been a long time since I read contemporary romance that's both well written and interesting at the same time. I loved every thing about The Wrong Kind of Love. I am so so so happy it was NOT the same old my twin slash best friend stole my man bla bla bla.. The plot was strong enough to
Anne OK
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
A terrific start to a new series by Lexi Ryan. Both main characters have had their hearts broken and are messes. A single dad and the wrong nanny at the right time make for a really fun-to-read story -- even though there are some tests to overcome.

Nic and Ethan melt the pages with their chemistry. The power of love takes up residence and what follows is a wonderful second chance for the real thing -- a happily ever after.

A cast of characters to meet that are all so easy to like. Ethan's little
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
I'm not sure what I loved more about this story.

Ethan aka Dr. McBroody Pants, our leading man, who was struggling with the loss of his wife a few years ago and due to his mom's impending trip, is in need of a nanny. He's a dedicated doctor, a loving father, an adoring brother, and a caring son. Even in his moody, broody moments, he's still amazing.

Nicole aka Nic, our leading lady, is very often described as "the good twin" and I could see why with everything I read about her and the more I felt I got to know her. The ti
Ela
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for the Read Now. Sadly this book did not work for me at all! Even knowing going in that her sister ends up preggers with the h's fiance, I was hoping for some redeeming qualities from the h. I still can't fathom how a sister and no less a twin could do that to her flesh and blood. The h is such a pushover, which was mostly why this book didn't work for me. In a situation such as this I needed Nicole to be a strong character with an attitude.
J
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Forgiving the sister was wrong on so many levels in my books.
Coco.V
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (10/28/2019)! 🎁

💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Stars

Author Lexi Ryan delivers an intoxicating tale of betrayal, deceit, absolution, and second-chances in her new contemporary romance, The Wrong Kind of Love!

Nicole (Nic) is ready to start her new life and have the family she has always dreamed of. The day before her wedding though, she hears a mysterious conversation from her husband-to-be. Should she confront him or is it just pre-wedding jitters making her doubt herself? That decision is taken from her when her twin sist
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
3.5 STARS

Lexi Ryan has easily become one of my top favorite romance authors. She packs steamy romance and emotional depth into her refreshingly original storylines and I devour each one hungrily. While I have to admit, i didn't feel as strong of a connection with The Wrong Kind of Love as I have with her previous work, I still enjoyed this book VERY MUCH. Twin-swapping, a single dad, a back and forth love/hate dynamic between a nanny and her boss, Lexi Ryan weaves together a whole lo
Ann
Feb 15, 2018 marked it as maybe
dead spouse alert....
Donna
Love born in a lie is the wrong kind of love.

This is is definitely one of those "feel all the feels" books!! So good!! In fact, this is going in my favorites of 2018 folder! Now, I have never been one of those reviewers who rewrites the whole summary...so unnecessary. Instead, I think it’s more important to let you know how this book affected me.

Well, the characters in the book were written extremely well. It was so easy to get caught up in the moment of how the character
Kim
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
"Love born in a lie is THE WRONG KIND OF LOVE."

Nicole's life just imploded. In the blink of her eye she is in need of an escape from her ruined wedding, cheating fiance, lying sister, and everyone in town's prying eyes. So she grabs some stuff and heads off to Jackson Harbor, Michigan and takes on a nanny job her sister promised to complete. Since her life is already complicated enough, of course her new boss is not exactly a a stranger to her. Before she knows it she is immersed in a s/>"Love
Wit & Wonder Books
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

A completely new, endearing, refreshing contemporary series from Lexi Ryan that will be melting hearts and new book boyfriends will be stealing the spotlight. The Wrong Kind of Love is the first book in Lexi’s The Boys of Jackson Harbor series and it’s one that can’t be missed.

This story is sweet, sexy and a touch of naughty. Trust, fear and insecurity issues are tested between two broken souls that are trying to find their ways/
Sera ~ Catty Reader
4.5/5 stars

I really loved this one 😊 very sweet and good. I liked both MC's. Love the extra characters. Are we going to get a book of Jake and Ava now? I think that would be fun. I kind of love the whole Jackson family after this book.
i fall in love book blog
Lexi Ryan ALWAYS delivers and The Wrong Kind of Love is exactly what I needed. It has been quite awhile since a book made me stay up late, but this was it. You know it's good when you still stay up until 3AM knowing you have to be up at 6.

Nic & Ethan are one of those couples that I just love together. Their "relationship" starts HOT and then turns to ice when he finds out that she's "the babysitter". Ethan's devotion to his daughter doesn't allow him to bring another woman into his life, but hisisexactlyand The

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)
  • Missing Pieces
  • Across the Horizon
  • Deeper
  • The McClane Apocalypse: Book 2
  • Undone
  • The Exception to the Rule
  • The Scars I Bare (By the Bay, #2)
  • More Than Famous (Famous, #2)
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • The Rub Down (The Rub Down, #1)
  • The Bride of Glass (Glass Vault, #2)
  • Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • No Second Chances (Chances, #1)
  • Clutched (Wild Riders #3)
  • Choosing Forever (The Torn Duet, #2)
  • Harmful Rush: A Stand-Alone Novel (Remedy, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.

The Boys of Jackson Harbor (6 books)
  • Straight Up Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #2)
  • Dirty, Reckless Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #3)
  • Wrapped in Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #4)
  • Crazy for Your Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #5)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
“So many stars had to align to bring you to me. More had to align to get a stubborn-ass grump to open his heart. But they did.” 1 likes
“can be more careful.” I was” 0 likes