Start by marking “The Good Luck Charm” as Want to Read:
The Good Luck Charm

The Good Luck Charm

3.60  ·  Rating details ·  10,260 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews
Is it love, or is she just his good luck charm?

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Helena Hunting absolutely delights with this witty and fun standalone contemporary romance.

Lilah isn't sure what hurt worse: the day Ethan left her to focus on his hockey career, or the day he came back eight years later. He might think they can pick up just where they left
Published August 7th 2018 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Good Luck Charm, please sign up.
melissafandomworld This was my first thought after finishing the book haha! I want a Carmen/dr. Lovely book <3!!!! …moreThis was my first thought after finishing the book haha! I want a Carmen/dr. Lovely book <3!!!! (less)

·  10,260 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews

Start your review of The Good Luck Charm
BookSmacked
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Good Luck Charm is a sweet, and heart warming second chance romance that will give you all the feels.

Ethan has returned home to do play for his home town NHL team. More importantly however is that retaining home means reconnecting with his ex Delilah who he left broken hearted.

I have to say that I immediately connected with Delilah and my heart went out to her. Ethan is determined to make her fall in love with him again. But did she ever really stop?

This storyline is captiv
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books, favorites
➳Second chance romances, in a small town with a well known famous hockey player who used to be your true soul-mate don't come every so often, but when fate puts you together in unwanted circumstances, you do not question it...

➳As many know, my love for Helena Hunting is not obscured and I embrace it in any way possible. It's also not a secret that her charisma is one that I adore as well since she is my favorite rom-com author out there. Well, to my surprise with her new novel, the anticipat
Christy
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!!

photo IMG_1668_zpsuhe448st.png

I love sports/hockey romance and I love second chance romance. Helena Hunting did a fantastic job bringing both of these romances into The Good Luck Charm! I loved that this one had the perfect mix of emotion and humor.

Lilah and Ethan dated in high school. They were in love and it was serious. That is, until Ethan left her to focus on his professional hockey career. Lilah has stayed in town and stayed close to Ethan's family. Now, it's 8 years later and he's back. The attraction i
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a really cute story. Hot as fuck, that's for sure.

I liked Lilah big time and connected with her quickly. She was sweet, funny and just very much awesome. She made so much sense all the time, even when she was confused and didn't know what to do with her relationship with Ethan or what path to take, she was always trying to do her best.

And while I liked Lilah right away, I struggled with Ethan at times. He was way too intense and yeah, that was a big part of the plot and I appreciate the
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Publisher}

I taste penance in his gentleness. I feel his regret in the tender way his palm curves along my jaw, and I sense his need for forgiveness in the tentative stroke of his tongue.

GOOD LUCK CHARM is a second chance romance filled with angst, heart, and a ton of steam! Helena Hunting has yet again delivered an engaging story with some unforgettable characters. I loved Ethan and Lilah’s story and I felt their sadness over the years they lost tog
✰ Liz ✰
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
"This time we only move forward together."
description

The Good Luck Charm is a heartwarming second chance romance for one very hot professional hockey player and the sweet down-home girl "that got away". Ethan Kane has had great success as a pro hockey player but when an unexpected incident sends him back to his hometown he comes face to face with his old flame Lilah. Lilah has done everything she can to forget about Ethan but now that he is back she can't seem to stay away from him. When the connection
Khadidja
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Well well *crackes knuckles* y'all are in for a rant treat

So here's the thing :
My hormones were at it again and i just NEEDED my dose and fair share of romance, and i've seen this book everywhere since it has been released so i was kinda *low-key* hyped about it,,,, BUT THEN i actually started reading it and boi did i C R I N G E

This book started off with Delilah or Lilah or DJ -or whatever the hell you want to call her- 's day being the absolute WORST and when she thought it couldn't get worst
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
You’re in my soul, Lilah. That will never change.”

This book is comfy yoga pants with a glass of wine, chilling by the pool sort of easy. It has all the warm and fuzzies wrapped in a sweet and steamy second chance romance. It's a light, feel-good sort of read that had a smile on my face from beginning to end.
But nothing could ever prepare me for being this close to the man who took my heart, crushed it, and gave it back to me in pieces.

Ethan and Lilah were childhood
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 stars <3

What a sweet,emotional story and heart warming story.This is a little bit different from what I have read from Helena Hunting yet so good!The Good Luck Charm is a second chance sports romance.

description

Lilah and Ethan grew up together and they were best friends. When Ethan has to leave he breaks up with Lilah. Years later, life will bring him back but things will be not the same.Both have to deal with their past and Lilah isn't ready for him.They needed to work through their past feelings.

The
Kat
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-1
Lilah and Ethan were an item once, back in high school, but he left to pursue professional high school, and she had her heart broken. Now, ten years later, she’s a nurse and his career is floundering. When his father gets sick, and he’s traded back home to Minnesota, they may have a chance for a new start. But with hockey careers, Ethan has no way to know what the future may hold. He may be staying around, or he may be leaving again after one more season. Lilah has an established life in Minneso ...more
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't know how many times I have to say this but pushover heroines and second chance romance just do not make a good romance! They just don't! I always end up annoyed and completely embarrassed for the heroine.

This feeling is akin to when you have a friend who keeps on hooking up with their ex-boyfriend despite telling you over and over again that they're done with him. It's just exhausting and annoying.

Can we have more books with strong-willed heroines who don't instantly get their pussy wet
Corina

The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting was full of the author's signature wit, sass and well loved style of sexiness. The dialogues and more than one escapades made me chuckle, snort and laugh out loud. It was the perfect blend of light hearted fun while being also emotional and poignant.

I absolutely loved the couple's chemistry. TGLC is a second chance romance and the level of comfort shown by the couple was endearing and heartwarming. Ethan and Lilah just fit together, and knew each other so we
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
I gave this a shot, but there are two things driving a dnf. The main reason is that it's kind of pedestrian with everything running on trope-powers and nothing really making this its own thing. Lilah is bland nice girl and Ethan is standard hot guy. They say words that mostly make sense, but I don't get any sense of depth to them. This is particularly undermined by the second thing driving me nuts and that's how everything short circuits based on "chemistry". Ethan doesn't really have to atone a ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
This was my very first dip into the Helena Hunting pool and, oh, how sweet it was! Good Luck Charm was a delightful gem of a second chance romance, a sweet and swoony love story that I just adored. Now I'm just sitting here wondering why I haven't read her books sooner!

I'm typically a girl that's all about angsty reads that tug at my heartstrings and pummel my emotions. But sometimes a girl just needs to lighten things up with a refreshing, lighter, more heartfelt storyline. Good Luck Charm was
Emma
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Dnf
I'm not a big fan of second chance romance because, most of the time,The female mc doesn't hold grudge as long as I would've liked. And I'm usually not convinced the male lead regretted leaving like he should. That's what happened here, she was too convenient for him and his 'let's be friends and when you are ready I will ask for your forgiveness' was a nonsense. I couldn't read further.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
The Good Luck Charm is custom made for second chance romance lovers. Helena Hunting gives us some tension mixed with humor, and adds hockey to satisfy sports romance addicts like me. It’s a great combo.

Ethan and Lilah fell in love in high school. Ethan had his sights set on the NHL even back then, and they had their lives planned out together. Unfortunately, Ethan changed the rulebook after graduation and abruptly broke things off with Lilah. Eight years later, circumstances give them a shot at
bookmarkbelles
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it

Im a huge fan of Helena Hunting and was excited to read Good Luck Charm.

I was hooked on this story as soon as I dived in. I was choked up with emotions one minute and then laughing my ass of the next and this was all within the first 20%

Before reading this book, I was in a hugeeee reading slump but I knew if any book could get me out of it, it would be this one.

Now, youre probably sitting there wondering why I rated this book a 3.25 when I seemed to have loved it right from the start.
maggieandteddy
This book starts off with the heroine Lilah having a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day. That's putting it mildly. Yep, I've had days like that. This is dual 1st person POV. The entire first chapter is shitting on poor Lilah.
She's a very nice person. A caring, loving and very capable nurse.
Lilah's patient is someone she knows very well.
Lilah's trying to turn things around just at the time she and Ethan see each other for the first time in several years.

Ethan and Lilah were each other's f
Antonella
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
even though I am not a fan of second chance romance, I still wanted to give it a chance, this book has been sitting on my tbr for way too long, the leading couple just doesn't evoke any feeling from me whatsoever... so DNF!!

Malene
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: second-chance
I struggled with The Good Luck Charm. Mainly because there wasn’t any plot and the characters weren’t appealing to me. It actually started out promising with the 5 first chapters and given the history Ethan and Lilah shared I expected they’d needed more work before they got back together. I would’ve liked that. They’ve been separated for eight years and reconciled rather quickly. After that I felt the story just repeated itself. Lilah pushed herself and her needs aside for Ethan and he didn’t ev ...more
Amy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Can we talk about how much I’m loving backlist reading? I’m pretty sure #fallintomybacklist saved my ass because I have been SO burnt out lately and then when I started backlist reading this month, everything fell into place for me. It reignited my love of reading, the freedom to read whatever I want has been amazing and I feel like so much pressure has disappeared. Who else has been reading along with @reallyintothis and I? Have you found any new to you authors or series? ⁣

@helenahunting
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book.
I'm giving this book five stars!

Loved the little twist at the end.. I wasn't expecting that.

And a lovely epilogue to end the book :)

I would be really interested in reading more books to with Lilah's sisters!
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I love SCR’s but I’m noticing they are ALL ALIKE! Seriously it’s a case of same script different cast. I read to about 30% but then I realized I’m not enjoying the story and I’m pretty much wasting my precious time. Never thought I’d say this but I’m done with fluffy, cute reads like this. I need something more.

I do think this would be enjoyable for some but for me it’s a no.
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
I thought this was going to be a grovelfest when I read the blurb. So I hunkered down for some good down home GROVELLING HERO action!

But it wasn't grovel-worthy. Not that the heroine was a doormat, but let's just say she was an easy sell. And by the halfway mark, when they were back at it, I realized that there was a whollotta book left and I didn't understand what else there would be left to say. Oh right!! She suspects the heroe's over attentiveness is him needing her as his pregame superstiti
Andrea Fleury
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hockey guys and love

Unbelievably wonderful. I loved this book from the first page to the last. I could picture Ethan. I talk sexy hockey player. I felt sadness and joy. I loved there connection. But what happens at the end. I never ever saw that coming. I hope there will be a continuation of this book.
Eliza
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, july-2018

★3.5 STARS★

It’s never fun coming face to face with an ex after an acrimonious breakup, but it’s darn right brutal when your ex is successful pro hockey player Ethan Kane. They say time heals old wounds but truth be told Delilah hasn’t yet come to terms with the callous way her childhood sweetheart called time on their romance in order to concentrate on his career.

Although eight years may have passed she’s made it her business to make him none of hers. That’s no mean feat considering she’s re
Kim
2.5 stars.

This was okay but nothing more. Ethan started annoying me more and more as the story progressed and that kind of ruined the book a little bit.
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Hockey season is almost over and this is due next week so GOTTA READ IT!
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
2.5 - 3 stars. This read was a struggle as I could not connect with either of the main characters. Sad that it didn’t work out for me as I love Hunting’s romances.
Dilek VT
Sep 19, 2018 marked it as nope
Stupid reason for separation...
New Adult Book Club: Helena Hunting Signed Paperback Giveaway! ~ closed! 34 94 Aug 19, 2018 07:45AM

• Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Friend Zone
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Fight or Flight
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
  • 99 Percent Mine
  • Faker
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.

Articles featuring this book

There's more to romance than "happily ever after." The genre is constantly changing to keep up with the times, and to keep you updated ...
“Nothing you say is going to change the past.” “It could change the future, though.” 4 likes
“You can’t live in fear of what-ifs.” 2 likes